OL Airon Servais is returning | Syracusefan.com

OL Airon Servais is returning

1607535238809.png

This is really big, if he can get healthy and get consistent with his weight, i think he’s a very solid starting tackle. happy to have him back, hopefully he has a great off season.

Bang.

IMO guards are locked up with Bleich and Dakota.

There are four returning starters for three spots. Who is the odd man out. Will another starter get moved down to the two's?

Sets up for a dynamic competition.

One thing is certain, these guys need to be coached up.

Dude played injured all year long. With a year of practice, I do believe he can get the RT spot figured out, and be really good.

Is it too soon to say again... mass exodus?... lol

Since we can still "only" bring in 25 new guys, our very best chance for success next year, is in keeping the Seniors who are willing to stay, so we have the most experienced depth possible.

We basically "only" have room for 4 transfers, so we need to make those count.
(assuming all of our current class signs)

My take: Dual-threat QB, C, DT, other O-Lineman.
Or even TWO DT's, in lieu of the 2nd O-Lineman.

I know I was one who believed there’d be a lot of losses to the transfer portal due to a variety of reasons I personally pin on Babers and the staff.

tip of the cap to babers though, returning seniors wise he’s doing better than we could hope for.

Since we can still "only" bring in 25 new guys, our very best chance for success next year, is in keeping the Seniors who are willing to stay, so we have the most experienced depth possible.

I agree that I hope the staff is able to bring in a Center for next year, even just a 1 year starter.

We could see something like

Bergeron - Bleich - Transfer - Davis - Servais

Then you can have Vettorello serve as a swing tackle for depth, while allowing Red to have time to fully heal up and also be coached up to make up for the time he lost this year. A transfer Center also allows Froumy time to heal up and be coached up for the missing time as well.

to muddy the waters on how many we can 'take' ... the 4 depends on how many early enrollees last winter were backdated to the prior class and so on and so forth. Being that it's academic year, if 20 signees enrolled in August you can take 5 January early enrollees and back date them to that class making 25. So at the end of the day the '4' could be a few more. (there's a couple of people on the board who might know the details)

I think there are still a few HS kids we want to sign as well.

The last few days might have been our biggest recruiting wins. Servais, Black and Devito obviously have a ton of experience on the field and that’s always good to have back. But this is huge for the locker room. 3 leaders coming back. This off-season is off to a good start. Need to keep it rolling, bring in some grad transfers, finishing recruiting strong and another off season learning the schemes and getting on the same page as the new coaches won’t hurt.

to muddy the waters on how many we can 'take' ... the 4 depends on how many early enrollees last winter were backdated to the prior class and so on and so forth. Being that it's academic year if 20 signees enrolled in August you can take 5 January early enrollees and back date them to that class making 25. So at the end of the day the '4' could be a few more.

I think there are still a few HS kids we want to sign as well.

Honestly - with unrestricted free agency this year - we'd be crazy to sign any more HS kids.
Dino needs to WIN NOW.
We all agree that '21 is a make or break season for him.

He's going to have the best chance of impact players, by taking guys who have several years college experience, over guys fresh out of HS, who may not have even played at all this year.
Especially since the biggest needs are OL and DT and QB.

I know some of you are down on Airon, but IMHO, this is great news. He played in great pain all season because his coach and his team asked him to.

I know his performance and the performance of the team were not what we all dreamed of. But I can almost guarantee when healthy, he is going to be better than anyone we could have gotten in the portal (or is already on campus). This byes the program some more time to develop our young OTs. Great development.

The outlook for 2021 is looking markedly better today than it did a few days ago. Props to all the seniors who were invited back and chose to return.

Love how he finished his announcement. I believe him.

I’m glad he’s coming back but we still need to hit the portal for an OT and C on the OL. With how this team suffers injuries you can never have enough depth. Competition will only help the program.

I’m glad he’s coming back but we still need to hit the portal for an OT and C on the OL. With how this team suffers injuries you can never have enough depth. Competition will only help the program.

Not necessarily. Servais will either land at C or OT. Both he and Bergeron are coming back, so if he's a tackle, we're set -- need to find a center.

If he plays at C, then OT is what we need to find via transfer / portal.

This is great news. Gives Dino & company a lot of flexibility hitting the transfer portal. OT or a C is needed. If it’s an OT, maybe Servais moves back to C, if we get a C, then he stays in the same position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom