Class of 2016 - OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI

I kind of like the #BeTheAlpha

Also #DomeDudes is pretty awesome.

What's our new code word, it's not Boom anymore...

Looks like it might be either #BeTheAlpha or #WhosNext

I'll stick with boom though. It works better, I think.

I'm sure he did too. Look, I'm not picking any fights with anyone here. I just wanted people to NOT immediately say a kid was no good, and frankly, I'm baffled and offended by the fact that somehow, Jake thought that warranted him basically calling me out. That's just ridiculous.

I never said the kid was no good. I just questioned the fact he is our first get under the new staff with no P5 offers. I even noted that he has a Yale and Harvard offer so he must be a smart kid. I never said he sucks or was even undeserving of our offer.

Free Article

http://www.At their request, this n...use/story/1621012-servais-commits-to-syracuse

Syracuse lands offensive tackle prospect Airon Servais

5:45 PM
Dino Babers era is in for Syracuse 2016 in 6-foot-6 Green Bay (Wisc.) Ashwaubenon offensive tackle Airon Servais. He was offered today by the new Orange staff and committed on the spot.

Per a source, Servais primary recruiter was co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis. Fellow co-offensive coordinator Mike Lynch was a big part of this recruitment as well, per the source, and was a major factor in Servais decision to pick the Orange right away.

Servais did hold a Bowling Green offer, so it is clear the staff was and is quite high on him as a prospect. Per Scout's Allen Trieu, he plays center in high school but projects as a tackle with his size, length and athleticism.

Syracuse is the first power five offer for Servais, who picked the Orange over scholarship opportunities from Bowling Green, Columbia, Eastern Michigan, Harvard, North Dakota State, Western Michigan, Wyoming and several others.

Babers indicated the Midwest would be a pipeline for the new staff at Syracuse in addition to areas like the Northeast. Sean Lewis is responsible for recruiting the state for the Orange, and Servais was an immediate priority once they became part of the Orange program.

Servais is the 16th commitment in the 2016 class for Syracuse and fourth offensive lineman as it currently stands.

Interesting fact Airon means "Ireland,peace".
How about we try a little bit of that around here.

Why the hell does my post keep getting deleted? I'm not allowed to respond to someone with evidence that they're not being honest?

I never said the kid was no good. I just questioned the fact he is our first get under the new staff with no P5 offers. I even noted that he has a Yale and Harvard offer so he must be a smart kid. I never said he sucks or was even undeserving of our offer.
One more time...in which you literally question whether he's deserving of the offer:

That doesn't mean he is good enough for a P5 offer maybe a BG offer. But P5 is a different animal.

Good frame, very aggressive. Plays high, he's not going to be able to lean on his strength and size at the next level. Needs to work on footwork and technique.

A bit lumbering, but, he's got some tools. Will do well if he can take to college coaching.

Can't teach mean, he's got that. Can't teach 6'6, he's got that.

HCDB gets more leeway being the new guy.

Also because he is, you know, a proven successful Head Coach.

Not at the P5 level he isnt. Different beast my friend. Not gonna go back and forth but the Trust the Coach line from some people who had problems with similar unknown recruits under the former regime is a little hypocritical in my opinion.

Not at the P5 level he isnt. Different beast my friend. Not gonna go back and forth but the Trust the Coach line from some people who had problems with similar unknown recruits under the former regime is a little hypocritical in my opinion.

So why don't we give this staff the same benefit of the doubt that we gave Marrone and Shafer when they started as HC. Let's wait and see how the team does next year.

Allen Trieu: "he plays center in high school but projects as a tackle with his size, length and athleticism."

It's very obvious that the staff really likes this kid, so much so that they are projecting him at Left tackle. I agree with Finwad about the lumbering (first word that popped in my mind watching his tape) and the technique issues.

What this one commitment tells me about the staff is that must strongly believe they can develop OL talent. I am guessing that they also see a need at OL. They are also targeting a 4 star OL.

FTR I always gave HCSS the benefit of the doubt wrt recruits.

With the way our offensive line has played the last 2 years, we need all the lineman they can bring in.

You guys do what you want. Personally I'm going with POW!

I didn't see him as lumbering. When I think lumbering I see Lasker or Palmer trying to play tackle. Just my 2 cents.

The overall theme in this thread though man I think we should all take a breath. For starters I don't see us jumping into the top 30 recruiting with Babers, maybe ever. So temper expectations. He's not a Mullen or Stoops (Kentucky) or even Golden. He's not a powerful recruiter. He's a system guy. We have to buy in and have faith - belief without evidence - right? Except there's plenty of evidence that these guys know how to run an offense and will recruit for it. So have faith.

I think in a lot of cases we'll see stuff like this because we're the only ones running this system. Wisconsin has been watching this kid but we know Big ten schools want 330 pound lineman. Those guys can't run 100 no huddle plays.

Remember the earlier joking about Babers just being able to plug in a beer gut QB and he can make it work? Maybe that's true. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
jekelish said:
I like that I'm the person in the wrong here, not the people who suddenly know that a kid they've never heard of isn't good enough. Are you kidding me, Jake?

Here's the thing - two people offered opinions questioning the offer. Neither one was over the top in any way shape or form. They really weren't.

The first poster said essentially...not sure I like (he deserves) the offer...but he seems to be smart and I hope for the best.

The second poster also noted the lack of P5 offers...and said we'll just have to trust Babers.

Do you think either one of them deserved the "give it a rest dude" "I can't believe people are being so negative" treatment?

I tend to agree with your overall point that people should trust the staff...as this offense is rather unique and we're going to see some stuff we're not used to.

But you'd do yourself a huge favor if you dialed back the public tongue lashings. Because, as I'm sure you're well aware...it's not fun being on the other end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom