Class of 2016 - OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI

download.jpg

Things I like about this recruit:

His form is very good. When he blocks (even when he's delivering what will be a finishing hit), his knees are bent, back is flat, and his hands are out. He enjoys using his hands very much. He is also very mobile. I can see why HCDB and company pushed for a commitment. In this offense, mobile & agile offensive linemen are very valuable. Obviously he has a nice frame, which will help add weight. I love his mean streak and love how he plays until the whistle.

What I think needs to be improved (and is the biggest reason why he is a 2 star IMO) is his strength. There are certain clips throughout his highlight video where he is simply at a stalemate with the Dl he is engaged with. He doesn't have a lot of run blocking/drive the opponent back 20 yards. I'd have liked to see more of that.

I think he could be a 3 star, but i'm not upset with his two star ranking. I think he does have potential though. Him packing on muscle to an already athletic frame could turn him into a stud (or should I say domedude now)? Just my opinion though, I think he could be dangerous as a center.

I like 6-6 kids who have a huge frame, can run, are flexible and are smart. Good pick up

Things I like about this recruit:

His form is very good. When he blocks (even when he's delivering what will be a finishing hit), his knees are bent, back is flat, and his hands are out. He enjoys using his hands very much. He is also very mobile. I can see why HCDB and company pushed for a commitment. In this offense, mobile & agile offensive linemen are very valuable. Obviously he has a nice frame, which will help add weight. I love his mean streak and love how he plays until the whistle.

What I think needs to be improved (and is the biggest reason why he is a 2 star IMO) is his strength. There are certain clips throughout his highlight video where he is simply at a stalemate with the Dl he is engaged with. He doesn't have a lot of run blocking/drive the opponent back 20 yards. I'd have liked to see more of that.

I think he could be a 3 star, but i'm not upset with his two star ranking. I think he does have potential though. Him packing on muscle to an already athletic frame could turn him into a stud (or should I say domedude now)? Just my opinion though, I think he could be dangerous as a center.

Strength is the easiest one to improve IMO. Instincts are the hardest, and in some cases impossible as we've seen here in the past.

I like having good linemen the most and I trust HCDB. Welcome to the Hill Mr. Servais!

As a teacher I can confirm this fact to be true.

Ditto, I made almost twice as much selling cars/RV's for 8 years before going back to college and becoming a teacher. (Not a complaint btw)

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Ditto, I made almost twice as much selling cars/RV's for 8 years before going back to college and becoming a teacher. (Not a complaint btw)

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
Hey...you can always sell RV/cars in the summer.

When I taught, I was lucky enough to secure a gig at Nine Mile point during the summer.

With the annual debate on the star system just around the corner, what is the expiration date on the Justin Pugh was only a two star as opposed to the many other two stars that don't pan out. On the other fan site I follow, the Vanderbilt site, Vandymania, we use Jordan Matthews as the two star poster child for question all the two star guys they recruit
I'd say seeing as how
JJ Watt
Jordy Nelson
Leveon Bell
Russell Wislon
Tony Romo
Matt Forte
Brandon Marshall
Bobby Wagner
Eric Weddle
Connor Barwin
Tim Jennings
Ryan Clady
Joe Staley
Aqib Talib
Devin Mccourtey
Jerry Hughes...are just a few of the 2 star guys playing in the NFL RIGHT NOW, that an expiration date is not all that necessary.

I'd say seeing as how
JJ Watt
Jordy Nelson
Leveon Bell
Russell Wislon
Tony Romo
Matt Forte
Brandon Marshall
Bobby Wagner
Eric Weddle
Connor Barwin
Tim Jennings
Ryan Clady
Joe Staley
Aqib Talib
Devin Mccourtey
Jerry Hughes...are just a few of the 2 star guys playing in the NFL RIGHT NOW, that an expiration date is not all that necessary.
You also forgot SU guys like Chan Jones and Justin Pugh.

032512-Jones-Header.jpg

This guy says hi. 2 stars on some and ESPN did not even rate him...good thing we took a shot at this one...:cool:

You also forgot SU guys like Chan Jones and Justin Pugh.
yes i know..it was just a sampling...wasn't Nassib a pretty decent 2 star in his day too?

A butt load of low star recruits made the NFL so we can't express our opinion on players on this Fan forum? Is that the consensus now? You guys are being ridiculous.

A butt load of low star recruits made the NFL so we can't express our opinion on players on this Fan forum? Is that the consensus now? You guys are being ridiculous.
You can express your opinion and they can express theirs. This forum is a democracy...until y'all make the staff have to go to work. ;)

Now just put 30-40 pounds on his frame and then you will be talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom