Class of 2016 - OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Airon Servais (WI) SIGNED LOI

I feel like it's worth mentioning that Justin Pugh was a 2-star kid with no other offers at all. But apparently some people here would have hated landing him.
Terry had no other D-1 offers either.

Umm... Did anyone mention that mullet!?!? Good thing he lost it, otherwise West Virginia would offer him.

Smarts...check
Good frame...check
From Wisconsin...check
This kid is a good get. Watching linemen tape can be so misleading. Lots of lineman don't come into the potential they have until they are in a real S&C program for 2 years.
Umm... Did anyone mention that mullet!?!? Good thing he lost it, otherwise West Virginia would offer him.
Only if they mistook it for the tail on a coonskin cap.

Because, as I'm sure you're well aware...it's not fun being on the other end.

Not aware at all, actually. But fine. I still think your "chill out" and singling me out was a little ridiculous. But it is what it is.

Not at the P5 level he isnt. Different beast my friend. Not gonna go back and forth but the Trust the Coach line from some people who had problems with similar unknown recruits under the former regime is a little hypocritical in my opinion.

From a perception standpoint, you dont see a difference between a staff taking a commitment from a kid with no other offers in June, versus as a staff stepping in at the end of season, after following a kid all year, and offering him?

Bottom line- I always defer to the opinions of D1 football coaches because they know more about the game and what they are looking for than i do. Whether that's Pugh or Brouse or Servais.

I didn't see him as lumbering. When I think lumbering I see Lasker or Palmer trying to play tackle. Just my 2 cents.

The overall theme in this thread though man I think we should all take a breath. For starters I don't see us jumping into the top 30 recruiting with Babers, maybe ever. So temper expectations. He's not a Mullen or Stoops (Kentucky) or even Golden. He's not a powerful recruiter. He's a system guy. We have to buy in and have faith - belief without evidence - right? Except there's plenty of evidence that these guys know how to run an offense and will recruit for it. So have faith.

I think in a lot of cases we'll see stuff like this because we're the only ones running this system. Wisconsin has been watching this kid but we know Big ten schools want 330 pound lineman. Those guys can't run 100 no huddle plays.

Remember the earlier joking about Babers just being able to plug in a beer gut QB and he can make it work? Maybe that's true. Enjoy the ride.
3362227046_97af3ec755.jpg

From a perception standpoint, you dont see a difference between a staff taking a commitment from a kid with no other offers in June, versus as a staff stepping in at the end of season, after following a kid all year, and offering him?

Bottom line- I always defer to the opinions of D1 football coaches because they know more about the game and what they are looking for than i do. Whether that's Pugh or Brouse or Servais.

I have no opinion on the quality of this recruit and I always defer to the staff who do it for a living and I follow recruiting very closely.

But to say that a guy who has no P5 offers after his senior season (when all schools have had a chance to watch another year of film) is somehow better than a guy offered during his junior year (which precludes alot of schools from offering if he's a solid commit) is nonsense.

I will support the program as I always have just find it quite interesting the free pass being provided to HCDB that HCSS was crucified for last season and this season for similarly situated recruits on the OL. If others can't see it so be it.

I have no opinion on the quality of this recruit and I always defer to the staff who do it for a living and I follow recruiting very closely.

But to say that a guy who has no P5 offers after his senior season (when all schools have had a chance to watch another year of film) is somehow better than a guy offered during his junior year (which precludes alot of schools from offering if he's a solid commit) is nonsense.

I will support the program as I always have just find it quite interesting the free pass being provided to HCDB that HCSS was crucified for last season and this season for similarly situated recruits on the OL. If others can't see it so be it.

This is true if the player has attended camps and been noticed. I have no idea if he's been to camps or not but if not it completely explains his lack of offers.

I kind of like the #BeTheAlpha

Also #DomeDudes is pretty awesome.

What's our new code word, it's not Boom anymore...

If the Offensive scheme is the "Air Raid"...#BOMB or #SPLASH

Last edited:
Louie and Bouie said:
I have no opinion on the quality of this recruit and I always defer to the staff who do it for a living and I follow recruiting very closely. But to say that a guy who has no P5 offers after his senior season (when all schools have had a chance to watch another year of film) is somehow better than a guy offered during his junior year (which precludes alot of schools from offering if he's a solid commit) is nonsense. I will support the program as I always have just find it quite interesting the free pass being provided to HCDB that HCSS was crucified for last season and this season for similarly situated recruits on the OL. If others can't see it so be it.
I've noticed a lot of negativity from you lately. Tsk tsk

I feel like it's worth mentioning that Justin Pugh was a 2-star kid with no other offers at all. But apparently some people here would have hated landing him.
With the annual debate on the star system just around the corner, what is the expiration date on the Justin Pugh was only a two star as opposed to the many other two stars that don't pan out. On the other fan site I follow, the Vanderbilt site, Vandymania, we use Jordan Matthews as the two star poster child for question all the two star guys they recruit

I've noticed a lot of negativity from you lately. Tsk tsk
Honeymoon periods don't exist. I mean we are getting universally praised for our hiring of Dino Babers. I wish I could get paid a lot of money just be a good dude and people still love me when my results weren't the best.

Honeymoon periods don't exist. I mean we are getting universally praised for our hiring of Dino Babers. I wish I could get paid a lot of money just be a good dude and people still love me when my results weren't the best.

Become a teacher then. Or a priest.

I like his tape; it shows that he doesn't give up on a play. Time after time, he is hitting another defensive player after he dealt with his primary assignment. He has a frame that coaching and strength & conditioning can build on. If Coach Babers like him; I like him. Welcome to the Syracuse football family, Airon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom