Class of 2019 - OL Cade Briggs (NM) Transferring from New Mexico/Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Cade Briggs (NM) Transferring from New Mexico/Offered

Offers since entering the portal from: WKU, Southern Mississippi, UTSA, Colorado St, BGSU, UNT, UCF, ECU, Syracuse

Started 5 games as a true frosh (2019) and all 7 of their games as a true soph (2020). Started all 12 games for them in 2021.

At left tackle as well. But for a pretty bad team, 2-10 in 2019, 2-5 in 2020, 3-9 in 2021. So hopefully it translates.

If we offer a lot of players in the portal, it is bad.

If we don't offer a lot of players in the portal, it is bad.

Sigh.

At this point, any SU fan who really follows the program should realize how imperative it is to fill the roster and have depth.

How many years in a row do we have to get burned before you realize this?

Hopefully we get a bunch of kids at all the positions where depth is a problem so that in the event of a rash of injuries (or COVID, or transfers, or whatever new calamity is soon to be upon us), we have other players with some experience and physical maturity, that can contribute relatively early in their SU careers.

I would not have the expectation that everyone we offer is expected to start immediately and dominate at the P5 level. Some of these players are surely being offered so we have enough players to hold practices and have scrimmages.

Some won't ever contribute. Some might surprise. I just checked to see who offered Cody Roscoe from the portal.

Cody ended up a first team All ACC DE.

As far as I can tell, we were his only P5 offer. Maybe his only offer period.

Sigh.

At this point, any SU fan who really follows the program should realize how imperative it is to fill the roster and have depth.

Hopefully we get a bunch of kids at all the positions where depth is a problem so that in the event of a rash of injuries (or COVID, or transfers, or whatever new calamity is soon to be upon us), we have other players with some experience and physical maturity, that can contribute relatively early in their SU careers.

I would not have the expectation that everyone we offer is expected to start immediately and dominate at the P5 level. Some of these players are surely being offered so we have enough players to hold practices and have scrimmages.

Some won't ever contribute. Some might surprise. I just checked to see who offered Cody Roscoe from the portal.

If we’re looking for upper classman OL depth you can do a lot worse than a 3 year G5 starter at LT. Albeit a very bad G5 team.

If a player has the measurables and is at a position of need we should offer.
OL DL WR CB we need players. Transfers will stick. If they have 3 years they are worth the risk.
2 possibly
1 needs to be more of a sure thing.

Sigh.

And, on tape, against that level of competition, Briggs looked impressive.

Adding size, nastiness and depth to the OL is clearly a priority this cycle.

He did make 3rd Team All-Conference in the Mountain West That's pretty good from a team that went 1-6 in conference. Hard for those players to make all conference teams. We should know.

Bees and you guys with the grading subscriptions should see what he graded out at.

He did make 3rd Team All-Conference in the Mountain West That's pretty good from a team that went 1-6 in conference. Hard for those players to make all conference teams. We should know.

Bees and you guys with the grading subscriptions should see what he graded out at.
The MWC has some quality football teams and Schmidt would know about him first hand from his time in that conference.