Class of 2020 - OL Cedrice Paillant (NY) Grad Transfer from Rutgers/Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Cedrice Paillant (NY) Grad Transfer from Rutgers/Offered

All NY playa's come home and play for the Cuse!!!;););)

Offers from Marshall, Kent St, Tulsa, Illinois St, Syracuse

Cedrice Paillant​

Position: OL
Height: 6-4 Weight: 310
College: Rutgers
Hometown: New Rochelle, NY
High School: New Rochelle HS
Previous College(s): Monroe JC (NY)

Did they not want him anymore?
The Rutgers offensive line was historically bad last year. To address that, embattled Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano brought in seven OL recruits and 4 transfers (we wanted at least a couple of those guys too).

He is desperate to shed weight to fit under NCAA guidelines for scholarship limits and basically kicking a bunch of veterans off the team.

This guy played LG. I think we are good there. Could understand this if he played center, where we really could use another veteran. But as far as I can tell, he never played center.

This is strange.

The Rutgers offensive line was historically bad last year. To address that, embattled Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano brought in seven OL recruits and 4 transfers (we wanted at least a couple of those guys too).

He is desperate to shed weight to fit under NCAA guidelines for scholarship limits and basically kicking a bunch of veterans off the team.

This guy played LG. I think we are good there. Could understand this if he played center, where we really could use another veteran. But as far as I can tell, he never played center.

This is strange.
Maybe it's just a courtesy call and look? Or they are worried about depth? Or they are going to see if he can or wanted to switch positions?

I agree it's strange. Only thing I can think of is Bleich is worse for wear moreso than we know or kid is being asked about nose tackle role - or - some OL are entering portal?

Big, physical Left Guard who has decent highlights but must work to eliminate penchant for incurring penalties. Started first six games but then replaced.

Maybe it's just a courtesy call and look? Or they are worried about depth? Or they are going to see if he can or wanted to switch positions?

I agree it's strange. Only thing I can think of is Bleich is worse for wear moreso than we know or kid is being asked about nose tackle role - or - some OL are entering portal?

I agree- this makes me wonder if bleich is going to play.

Big, physical Left Guard who has decent highlights but must work to eliminate penchant for incurring penalties. Started first six games but then replaced.

He lost playing time as the season wore on.... I think his place in the first, second string got worse with the addition of the 4 transfers

Or, after all the injuries last year, Babers figures it never hurts to have one more veteran with FBS starting experience.
Could be. Bottom line is, we have three guards who are clearly better than him.

I could see moving one of the guards to center, or one of the guards to tackle. But that still wouldn’t open a spot for this guy to start.

I have to think he’s looking for a starting job for his final season. At best, I think he would be a second string guard for us. Would be surprised if he took that.

This is strange.
One year rental to hedge injuries? Bleich and Davis have injury history. The guys after them are mostly first and second year players.

One year rental to hedge injuries? Bleich and Davis have injury history. The guys after them are mostly first and second year players.
That’s the only thing that makes sense. I just don’t understand why he would want to come here and hope for a couple of Injuries so that he could get some playing time.

This is strange.
Hard to see a starting position materializing at guard with Bleich, Ellis and Davis in front of him. Center is a position of need but I can't find any evidence he's played C at either New Rochelle or Monroe College. However, Rutgers recruited him as a tackle (first link) and he moves pretty well (second link). So maybe RT is where he (or the staff) sees daylight if they want to move Vet to center and they think this guy is more ready than Cruz or Tisdale.

https://n./content/prospects/2020/cedrice-paillant-257037

Last edited:
That’s the only thing that makes sense. I just don’t understand why he would want to come here and hope for a couple of Injuries so that he could get some playing time.
Don't think you have to hope for injuries with SU's O- line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom