Class of 2021 - OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24)

Start at the 2:09 mark. #57 in white. Right tackle. Big dude. First play he does a nice job setting the edge. After that, not sure I see the athleticism to play tackle in the ACC. Might need to be a road grader at guard:

Start at the 2:09 mark. #57 in white. Right tackle. Big dude. First play he does a nice job setting the edge. After that, not sure I see the athleticism to play tackle in the ACC. Might need to be a road grader at guard:

It would be an interesting comparison to look at film of Andrew Tiller when he was at Nassau vs this kid to see how the two compare. Similar size if I remember correctly. Just giant humans with good weight distribution lol.

boom smile GIF

It would be an interesting comparison to look at film of Andrew Tiller when he was at Nassau vs this kid to see how the two compare. Similar size if I remember correctly. Just giant humans with good weight distribution lol.
Back when practices were open, I watched one of Tiller’s first days here. He had a real problem completing up downs. Marrone worked wonders with him.

You can’t teach size and this kid clearly fits that bill.

I think he projects inside worse case scenario but love the addition if nothing more than depth.

He could start here at RG, Move Joe Cruz out to LT. While Wholabaugh continues to recover..
I don't see a starter on that video vs E. Mich. sorry

Quality addition! The spring game can’t come soon enough this year.

Fran Brown begs to differ. iGven that he was listed as the #1 recruiter, I'm going to trust his film evaluation. Sorry.
I can still use my eyes even with Fran Brown's near perfect record up until now.
He offered a scholarship not a guarantee of a starting spot. Sorry.
Aren't you the one that always used the 'trust the coaches schtick during the last coach'

Fran Brown begs to differ. iGven that he was listed as the #1 recruiter, I'm going to trust his film evaluation. Sorry.
I disagree with the poster dude can move bodies and is huge but idk the whole skepticism thing is welcomed. We are just fans obvious Fran knows more but there is no point in being a fan if we just appeal to authority.

I can still use my eyes even with Fran Brown's near perfect record up until now.
Aren't you the one that always used the 'trust the coaches schtick during the last coach'
No, I'm the one pointing out the idiocy of unqualified posters pretending that they can interpret meaningful insight from film that contradicts what professional recruiters evaluate. Sorry.

And contrary to what you suggest, I haven't seen posts projecting him as a surefire starter. Instead, I've seen plenty of posts wondering if he's a tackle vs. a guard, discussing the level of competition, etc.

Last edited:
Well I like to think I’m objective and I could see him starting on the interior with some work. He has good weight distribution and he moves well. He may very well not be projected as a Tackle here anyway.

He got beat a lot. But you can’t teach size.

Also Howard’s special teams really screwed them in that game.

I think they think at a D-1 school that they can improve his quickness and speed. Howard probably doesnt have the best weight room and speed training. If he was only working on speed stuff with some heavy lifting in there to keep him strong then we may have something. Any time we did anything with Cory, Austin would squat a heavy weight and then immediatly do a sprint. I would have him bench and then do weighted ball pushes against wall. There are ways to get this cat to move better. It calso could be mobility. If he is tight, he aint moving in a full range. Lots to work with though and at the worst we have a depth guy.

Well I like to think I’m objective and I could see him starting on the interior with some work. He has good weight distribution and he moves well. He may very well not be projected as a Tackle here anyway.
Yeah, he's another piece that can help in some capacity. How much help and where is TBD. As good as Fran has been, not every kid we bring in is going to have a boatload of SEC offers, a 4 * or transfer from a P4 program and even then nobody knows at the O Line how these kids will progress or pan out.

Look forward to watching the progress of this one though. This seems like one that Fran really liked.

Last edited:
No players come in perfect. They all require coaching, refinements and hard work on their part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom