Class of 2025 - OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024)

I think the problem was that most folks here focused on the wrong region. We’re not going to build that base with CNY players and that was all I heard 5 years ago. I said in Shafer days and Dino days it had to be NJ and everyone said it was overrated and owned by selector schools. Part of that was true, but Fran is showing that the tables can be turned with a local focus. Our 90’s teams were regional recruits with a heavy dose of NJ. Marrone tried to get back to that and it seems Fran is doing it.
Yeah, I think in the past normally when "northeast recruiting" was brought up it was an assumption of in-state plus New England, whereas the better way to go if conditions were right (and we have the staff with the right conditions) is selective New York talent and a whole lot of New Jersey focus.

Yeah, I think in the past normally when "northeast recruiting" was brought up it was an assumption of in-state plus New England, whereas the better way to go if conditions were right (and we have the staff with the right conditions) is selective New York talent and a whole lot of New Jersey focus.
NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA. I think that covers it. There is a lot of talent in CT and Baber's staff rarely targeted it.

Think of some of the talent Coach P pulled from there...

NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA. I think that covers it. There is a lot of talent in CT and Baber's staff rarely targeted it.

Think of some of the talent Coach P pulled from there...
Ehhhh see you're getting suckered into New England again because of success that came decades ago.

Ehhhh see you're getting suckered into New England again because of success that came decades ago.
This is the 2024 class per rivals - CT has talent, especially the Prep School factories there. SEC/B1G level talent and multiple kids a year.

https://n./state_rankings/2024/connecticut

We haven't had the staff to pull these types of kids but now we do. And Fran's staff was offering and pursuing some of the CT kids late as part of the 2024 class. (Lafontant for example)

Hey!
Excited Kung Fu GIF by DreamWorks Animation
I gotchu! Edit made.
Ice T Respect GIF by Global Citizen

This is the 2024 class per rivals - CT has talent, especially the Prep School factories there. SEC/B1G level talent and multiple kids a year.

We haven't had the staff to pull these types of kids but now we do. And Fran's staff was offering and pursuing some of the CT kids late as part of the 2024 class. (Lafontant for example)
I'm not arguing that there isn't talent there. Just that it's not as likely to be the bedrock for our program as New Jersey.

Help me here.
What is an Under Armour Camp and why would an already recruited player or a heavily recruited player bother with it?
Seems like a combine for HS kids.
Do players pay to attend?
Why would they go? - raise their recruiting profile, learn better techniques?
Seems like they risk injury for no good purpose.

Help me here.
What is an Under Armour Camp and why would an already recruited player or a heavily recruited player bother with it?
Seems like a combine for HS kids.
Do players pay to attend?
Why would they go? - raise their recruiting profile, learn better techniques?
Seems like they risk injury for no good purpose.
Because he is a HS kid and has another year of HS to play?
Because it's a "status" thing to be invited to an Under Armour Camp?

Athletes will have the option to participate in an NFL combine style testing which will include: the 40- yard dash, vertical jump, and pro-agility. These results will be analyzed by our All America Selection Committee and individually emailed to each participant following the event as a benchmark to improve upon. Former NFL players/coaches will provide individual instruction and their formula for success. Athletes will compete against the best talent in the country in front of the nation’s top media outlets while participating in NFL style evaluation drills and 1 on 1 setting. Athletes will get to compete in speed and agility drills that will determine who is the top athlete in the region.