Class of 2025 - OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL Matthew Hawn (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/1/2024)

Nick Robinson started 25 games.
I think Nick was stronger but Matt is just a junior. From what I have seen on film, the thing that makes Matt special is his athletic ability. He moves really well for a big guy.

He has work to do in the weight room. Has already made substantial progress there but his arms, upper and lower body need to get filled out if he wants to be a starter on a P5 level college team.

He has a chance to be really good if he works at it.

I think Nick was stronger but Matt is just a junior. From what I have seen on film, the thing that makes Matt special is his athletic ability. He moves really well for a big guy.

He has work to do in the weight room. Has already made substantial progress there but his arms, upper and lower body need to get filled out if he wants to be a starter on a P5 level college team.

He has a chance to be really good if he works at it.
I think he needs at least redshirt and freshman year to tighten up technique and gain the size and strength he needs and maybe start as sophmore. oline is so hard to come in and play right away. Way too many things too learn especially getting the feel for zone blocking. It takes patience and time to develop that.

What about Nick Lepak I think was it. Big kid that played HS ball at Auburn if memory serves me properly.

What about Nick Lepak I think was it. Big kid that played HS ball at Auburn if memory serves me properly.
He did not get along with Marrone, was a Robinson recruit.

Liked to enjoy himself - left program before graduation.

I thought he did well as a true freshman when he played. Passed over during the transition.

He did not get along with Marrone, was a Robinson recruit.

Liked to enjoy himself - left program before graduation.

I thought he did well as a true freshman when he played. Passed over during the transition.
Ah ok thanks

I’m pretty sure that part of the deal letting that place be associated with the conference - they mandated that you had to use air quotes when saying rutgers was a “ Big 10 “ offer.

And kid - having that imaginary wood chopping goon offer you a spot on his team is about as far from a blessing as you can get.

IMG_9187.jpeg