Class of 2020 - OL Ibrahim Traore (NY) Portal from Penn State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Ibrahim Traore (NY) Portal from Penn State

Career reserve. He says three years of eligibility, but I saw two elsewhere.

https://pennstate./news/penn-state-football-ol-ibrahim-traore-enters-transfer-portal

Just took a trip down memory lane of the 2020 NYS class. A lot of guys that never really played at all, including the top player in the class, Tirek Murphy who ended up at Rhode Island after Purdue. The one bright spot was Israel Abanikanda.

Shared in the transfer portal thread

IBRAHAM TRAORE / PORTAL FROM P STATE FREDERICK DOUGLAS ACADEMY, N.Y.,N.Y.
#75 HS/ 57 PS/ 6' 5" 312 OT/DE
Traore_Ibriham__H-22-MS__8674_Mf6aT.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL HS FILM:

SIZE

VERY STRONG, MUST SPEND LOTS OF TIME TIME IN WGT ROOM
POWERFUL WITH LONG ARMS
KNOCKS DL - MAN BACK THEN PUSHES HIM TO THE GROUND AND PANCAKES HIM - ALSO
KNOCKS DL OUT OF PLAY THEN PUSHES HIM TO THE GROUND
VERY INTENSE - PLAYS ANGRY WANTS TO BREAK DL MAN MENTALLY BY HIS HITS AND DOMINATION

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

Has appeared in one game.
2022 • REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE SEASON
Did not see any game action.
2021 • FRESHMAN SEASON
Redshirt season...Selected coaching staff's Developmental Squad Offensive Player of the Week (Michigan, 11/13).
2020 • TRUE FRESHMAN SEASON
Did not see any game action.
HIGH SCHOOL
Four-year letterman for head coach Andrew Kell at Frederick Douglass Academy 1...Was a three-time team captain...Helped the Lions to the championship game with a 12-1 record as a freshman...Rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports, ESPN and Rivals...Rated as the No. 72 offensive tackle and No. 8 recruit in New York by 247Sports...Ranked as the No. 87 offensive tackle, No. 118 player in the region and No. 8 prospect in New York by ESPN...Ranked as the No. 10 recruit in New York by Rivals...Lettered three times in lacrosse as a long pole...Played AAU basketball.
PERSONAL
Full name is Ibrahim Traore...Son of Aminata Kone and Mortar Traore...Has one brother, Sybri, and one sister, Fatoumata...Hobbies include watching Netflix, playing sports and listening to music...Majoring in journalism...Would like to become a sports anchor.

BillSU, not sure he's a Great Get. He's played 1 game in 3 years. His HS tape is kind of irrelevant at this point, wouldn't you say?

Bring in all the big men. Let their talents sort everything out from there. Fran gets it, we need quality numbers here for success. All the flash and dash means minimal if McCord can’t take a 3 step drop unpressured the majority of the time

Bring in all the big men. Let their talents sort everything out from there. Fran gets it, we need quality numbers here for success. All the flash and dash means minimal if McCord can’t take a 3 step drop unpressured the majority of the time
Guys, I think we are all of the same mindset here. we understand the task at hand as I am sure the coaches do as well. We have to get better on both lines. That said, they aren't going to offer every kid who is 300 pounds on the D line/ O line. The goal is to get better talent that can help, not just take shots in the dark and waste roster spots. I have no idea if this kid can help or not but if the staff decides to recruit and offer him then great if not onto the next. In addition, there are kids from last years roster that will still play on BOTH lines.

Guys, I think we are all of the same mindset here. we understand the task at hand as I am sure the coaches do as well. We have to get better on both lines. That said, they aren't going to offer every kid who is 300 pounds on the D line/ O line. The goal is to get better talent that can help, not just take shots in the dark and waste roster spots. I have no idea if this kid can help or not but if the staff decides to recruit and offer him then great if not onto the next. In addition, there are kids from last years roster that will still play on BOTH lines.

Yeah. I've come to love the recruiting board, but a lot of times the jump to conclusions mat comes out before we even offer.

If Williams is following him, then I'm sure we're evaluating him. If we offer, then the staff thinks it's a good fit. If not, onto the next.

85 is still the limit, can't take a flyer on everyone.

Similar to the players coming from Georgia and A&M, the coaches should have good insight into what this guy can do since Kalil Ahmad was at Penn st last year. Win win in these situations as they have already developed relationships most times plus know what the guy can/can’t do.

Agree we need OL but I do not think we just take any player. More players will enter the portal after spring. We can wait for the right pieces.