Class of 2020 - OL Micah Mazzccua (MD) Verbal to Michigan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Micah Mazzccua (MD) Verbal to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see us land a few kids the staff believe are 4 stars. The kid from Canada for example.
I wish i could Super like this post. People are going crazy about "how good our recruting class is" yet its ranked 9-11 in ACC and 53-55 nationally depending on which site. The sad part is i would love to have a recruiting class of NC or NCST. No reason why we cant recruit with middling ACC teams or even bottom feeder ACC teams like UVA

I wish i could Super like this post. People are going crazy about "how good our recruting class is" yet its ranked 9-11 in ACC and 53-55 nationally depending on which site. The sad part is i would love to have a recruiting class of NC or NCST. No reason why we cant recruit with middling ACC teams or even bottom feeder ACC teams like UVA

I agree. as long as well have a good year i see no reason we cant be in the top 40/ top 8 of the ACC in terms of rankings.

I agree. as long as well have a good year i see no reason we cant be in the top 40/ top 8 of the ACC in terms of rankings.
I had a post about focusing on NE and Mid Atlantic recruits... kinda like Penn ST and Mich do. Alot of people on here argued about how good our class would be and we recruit National etc etc etc. The ironic thing is the teams above us are top heavy with local/regional recruits plus others from elsewhere. It seems recruiting is the same its always been. Recruit from campus out. But cherey pick from best local recruits.

I had a post about focusing on NE and Mid Atlantic recruits... kinda like Penn ST and Mich do. Alot of people on here argued about how good our class would be and we recruit National etc etc etc. The ironic thing is the teams above us are top heavy with local/regional recruits plus others from elsewhere. It seems recruiting is the same its always been. Recruit from campus out. But cherey pick from best local recruits.
Excuse the typos. Texting in traffic

SU can't "cherry pick" the best local recruits, because they are wanted nationally, so we're competing against schools that have a better rep than we do, even if they aren't actually "better" anymore -
see: Michigan and Ped St.

It's going to take a few more winning seasons before we're really getting serious consideration from all the best local recruits, not just a handful here and there.

NCST top 5 recruits from NC including four 4 star recruits
North Carolina three 4stars from NC and one 4 star from nearby Virginia. I could go on and on. Would love for Syracuse to get a spme talent from NY and NJ like we did last year with Trill and Big Q White

NCST top 5 recruits from NC including four 4 star recruits
North Carolina three 4stars from NC and one 4 star from nearby Virginia. I could go on and on. Would love for Syracuse to get a spme talent from NY and NJ like we did last year with Trill and Big Q White

I dont understand why NCST is able to draw the players in like they do. I know the weather supposedly hurts us but i dont believe that most big name recruits are afraid of cold weather.

SU can't "cherry pick" the best local recruits, because they are wanted nationally, so we're competing against schools that have a better rep than we do, even if they aren't actually "better" anymore -
see: Michigan and Ped St.

It's going to take a few more winning seasons before we're really getting serious consideration from all the best local recruits, not just a handful here and there.
Pretty much all four star recruits are wanted nationally. You can tell that from the offers. The point is we don't focus on them. We are more focused on 2 and 3 star kids from S Florida. And the evidence is indisputable at this point.
Again ot would just be nice to get 1 or 2 top notch recruits

I dont understand why NCST is able to draw the players in like they do. I know the weather supposedly hurts us but i dont believe that most big name recruits are afraid of cold weather.
Raleigh is a very cool city - it's a good location, nice facilities, lots of alums in those areas where the recruits come from - I get it. But that doesn't mean that with another successful season and continued exposure that more recruits won't want to play for Dino regardless of where they're from.

Pretty much all four star recruits are wanted nationally. You can tell that from the offers. The point is we don't focus on them. We are more focused on 2 and 3 star kids from S Florida. And the evidence is indisputable at this point.
Again ot would just be nice to get 1 or 2 top notch recruits
so you're saying if the staff would just focus on these nationally coveted recruits, then they'd sign with SU - it's simply a lack of focus.

so you're saying if the staff would just focus on these nationally coveted recruits, then they'd sign with SU - it's simply a lack of focus.

Yeah, IF WE ONLY RECRUITED THEM HARDER!!!!!

...we'd somehow make guys who have zero interest in SU - a program that has been irrelevant or worse for the entirety of their lives, (except this past 1 year) - be their favorites!!!

This is also ignoring the fact that a FL or GA 3* is often as good as or better than a NY 4*, due to superior level of competition and their HS/Prep school program resources.

THE WEATHER!!! Well thats my point. If I live in Miami, why the heck would i want to play 900miles away from home in Syracuse. 1 snow storm is more snow accumulation than the kid has seen in his entire life lol. Plus a hell of a haul for family travelling to home games. Again this is why you re recruit from within to out, not Miami to Syracuse. But lets just hope we duplicate last year. HCSS players are pretty much gone and now we have to rely alot on Dinos players specifically on the O-line so we will see how it pans out

THE WEATHER!!! Well thats my point. If I live in Miami, why the heck would i want to play 900miles away from home in Syracuse. 1 snow storm is more snow accumulation than the kid has seen in his entire life lol. Plus a hell of a haul for family travelling to home games. Again this is why you re recruit from within to out, not Miami to Syracuse. But lets just hope we duplicate last year. HCSS players are pretty much gone and now we have to rely alot on Dinos players specifically on the O-line so we will see how it pans out

Neil Nunn and Andre Cisco are among the many SU recruits who seem to disagree w/ your H0T TAEK.

I guess the weather in Michigan is far superior to Syracuse? :rolleyes:

You're right - we should keep beating our heads against the wall, trying to land the local kids who don't have any interest in playing for us, rather than recruiting nationally to find those that do.
BRILLIANT. :rolleyes:

Im saying we would've had a better shot at players like Adissa Issac and those beasts from Canarsiie if we are there every week like Penn St and Michigan My Penn St guy is there every week! We pop in from time to time. Now again the kids will decide what school they want to go to in the end. But can you imagine if we actually went hard on Adissa for example

Im saying we would've had a better shot at players like Adissa Issac and those beasts from Canarsiie if we are there every week like Penn St and Michigan My Penn St guy is there every week! We pop in from time to time. Now again the kids will decide what school they want to go to in the end. But can you imagine if we actually went hard on Adissa for example

WE DID GO HARD ON ADISA, you freaking moron.

Had an in-home visit, where the coaches got him to commit to giving us his last OV, the weekend before NLI day. Pretty much ideal.

However, he apparently got a lot of pressure from Franklin/PSU to cancel that visit, which he did.

He was a hard PSU lean for the entirety of his recruitment.
And - SHOCKINGLY!!! - ended up signing w/ PSU.

Weather has nothing to do with it, as we have the Dome. High school football is huge in NC, and you have large cities in Raleigh and Charlotte, which continue to grow like crazy. During the football season, all of the local affiliates here in Charlotte area dedicate a solid 15 minutes to a separate half-hour show solely on high school football highlights and results every Friday night. It's insane. Combine that with two Flagship programs in the state that play at the P5 level, and it's no surprise at all.

Syracuse doesn't have the luxury of being its State's flagship school, even though it's really the only school that plays at the highest P5 level. Combine that with many upstate cities losing population, SU's private status, etc., and it's somewhat problematic. Parts of upstate, Rochester, Buffalo, etc. might as well be completely different states altogether in how the state is so seemingly partitioned when it comes to Syracuse sports in general.

Neil Nunn and Andre Cisco are among the many SU recruits who seem to disagree w/ your H0T TAEK.

I guess the weather in Michigan is far superior to Syracuse? :rolleyes:

You're right - we should keep beating our heads against the wall, trying to land the local kids who don't have any interest in playing for us, rather than recruiting nationally to find those that do.
BRILLIANT. :rolleyes:
A couple things first we should evaluate and mae a decision on any talented player that wants to go to your school outright. BTW those "bluebirds" usually commit early sometimes evenca year prior. Just look at 247 at the recruits already verballed for 2020 to other schools. We dont have any. Second, the weather in Michigan might be as bad as Syracuse. And the kids from the NE would be used to it wouldn't they??????? This is a simple concept its not radical. I would rather focus my recruiting on the 4 or 5 star prospects closer to my campus region tv market who know my school, might even cheer for them THEN recruit 1100 miles away. The term is recruiting in to out.

BTW just look at the teams above us THEY all do it. Lets look at it differently since you mentioned Nunn and Cisco. Both players i like alot. But the local teams had better/higher ranked recruits at those positions and we still almost lost Nunn. The 4 and 5 star safeties from Florida. Lets look at Nunn for example

4 star Jordan Battle#43 nationally- Ala
4 star Brendan Gant #117 Fla ST
4 star Keontra Smith#188 Miami
4star Raymond Woodie 265 Fla St
3 star Briton Allen 387 USC
3 star Josh Sanquinetti#417 Indiana
3 star Cornelius Nunn#481 Syracuse

So Nunn was the 7th best ranked S in Florida. But look at the top guys went to Alabama Miami Fl St. So even those teams recruit "in to out" now again I love Nunn and am glad we got him but that doesn't change my premise. Just as the teams better than us recruit in to out, so should we UNLESS we have no talent in our region to recruit. If that is how you feel ok i get it.

Had an in-home visit, where the coaches got him to commit to giving us his last OV, the weekend before NLI day. Pretty much ideal.

However, he apparently got a lot of pressure from Franklin/PSU to cancel that visit, which he did.

Playing devils advocate here but were we in his recruitment from the beginning? and if not then its not suprising why he canceled. My concern is cool we are getting his last OV but its a moral victory only if we are not being able to seal the deal with big recruits. you dont get consolation prizes for being second in someones recruiting

I will send you a direct message regarding the moron comment.

Yes we did get in on Adissa but it was a little later and more of a check in. We went hard at the end but ran out of time. We should be going hard NOW ob local recruits. This past weekend i saw about 15 recruits on campus for the game and was told we had more than that. I wonder how many are 4 or 5 star recruits again would love to get the best regional talent but would settle for talent at this point

Yes we did get in on Adissa but it was a little later and more of a check in. We went hard at the end but ran out of time. We should be going hard NOW ob local recruits. This past weekend i saw about 15 recruits on campus for the game and was told we had more than that. I wonder how many are 4 or 5 star recruits again would love to get the best regional talent but would settle for talent at this point
No you won't PM him or you'll get a warning. And he already got a warning.

A couple things first we should evaluate and mae a decision on any talented player that wants to go to your school outright. BTW those "bluebirds" usually commit early sometimes evenca year prior. Just look at at the recruits already verballed for 2020 to other schools. We dont have any. Second, the weather in Michigan might be as bad as Syracuse. And the kids from the NE would be used to it wouldn't they??????? This is a simple concept its not radical. I would rather focus my recruiting on the 4 or 5 star prospects closer to my campus region tv market who know my school, might even cheer for them THEN recruit 1100 miles away. The term is recruiting in to out.

BTW just look at the teams above us THEY all do it. Lets look at it differently since you mentioned Nunn and Cisco. Both players i like alot. But the local teams had better/higher ranked recruits at those positions and we still almost lost Nunn. The 4 and 5 star safeties from Florida. Lets look at Nunn for example

4 star Jordan Battle#43 nationally- Ala
4 star Brendan Gant #117 Fla ST
4 star Keontra Smith#188 Miami
4star Raymond Woodie 265 Fla St
3 star Briton Allen 387 USC
3 star Josh Sanquinetti#417 Indiana
3 star Cornelius Nunn#481 Syracuse

So Nunn was the 7th best ranked S in Florida. But look at the top guys went to Alabama Miami Fl St. So even those teams recruit "in to out" now again I love Nunn and am glad we got him but that doesn't change my premise. Just as the teams better than us recruit in to out, so should we UNLESS we have no talent in our region to recruit. If that is how you feel ok i get it.
Excuse me Joe, but Miami and FSU our not better that us, check and see who had the better record. If you mean recruiting, ya but not better.

You are dead wrong on Adisa. Dead wrong.

There were two schools in it from the beginning on him, and he visited SU multiple times. We were actually the early leader until PSU came in. We hung neck and neck with them the entire time but they gained the edge as soon as they offered.

We're not wasting our time on kids that don't want to come to SU. It doesn't matter how early we get on them if they have no interest in coming to our school. Multiple seasons under .500 did that to us. Your posts are way too optimistic for the status of our program.

You are dead wrong on Adisa. Dead wrong.

There were two schools in it from the beginning on him, and he visited SU multiple times. We were actually the early leader until PSU came in. We hung neck and neck with them the entire time but they gained the edge as soon as they offered.

We're not wasting our time on kids that don't want to come to SU. It doesn't matter how early we get on them if they have no interest in coming to our school. Multiple seasons under .500 did that to us. Your posts are way too optimistic for the status of our program.

What is your prediction for this year then in terms of talent? Did the 10 win season help us get big fish or do we need 1-2 more good years before we start seeing big improvement?

What is your prediction for this year then in terms of talent? Did the 10 win season help us get big fish or do we need 1-2 more good years before we start seeing big improvement?

I think we are already seeing that we will have the attention of better talent in this class (The staff believes they do).

The 10 win season will help, but we also need to string together 2-3 good seasons to keep the program in these kids (and their families) minds to see top 25-30 classes in the future. So, both are accurate assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom