Class of 2020 - OL Micah Mazzccua (MD) Verbal to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Micah Mazzccua (MD) Verbal to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine questioning the staffs ability to identify talent after they produce the first double digit win season in 20 years and only the 7th such season in school history. lol

btw, nobody should believe anything this guy said about Adisa's recruitment. The staff tried incredibly hard to get that kid and even though he was always going to PSU they still gave him a lot to think about throughout his recruitment. I dont think Nick Monroe would appreciate people thinking he didnt put in enough work to get Adisa. Like bnoro said, its dead wrong.

What is your prediction for this year then in terms of talent? Did the 10 win season help us get big fish or do we need 1-2 more good years before we start seeing big improvement?
Last weekend's unofficial visitors showed that it's definitely making an impact. Can we land them is the question.

The General can't answer y'all right now...he's on an extended leave.

1551376525319.jpeg

You are dead wrong on Adisa. Dead wrong.

There were two schools in it from the beginning on him, and he visited SU multiple times. We were actually the early leader until PSU came in. We hung neck and neck with them the entire time but they gained the edge as soon as they offered.

We're not wasting our time on kids that don't want to come to SU. It doesn't matter how early we get on them if they have no interest in coming to our school. Multiple seasons under .500 did that to us. Your posts are way too optimistic for the status of our program.
You could be correct. I think Syracuse is the premier school in NY athletics because of our tradition and probably because i am a alumn. But let me ask you this. Why is it the other teams that endured losinf seasons like UVA IND ILL etc etc had better recruiting classes. At some point we have to stop the excuses about why kids dont want to play for Syracuse, and go out and get them.

You could be correct. I think Syracuse is the premier school in NY athletics because of our tradition and probably because i am a alumn. But let me ask you this. Why is it the other teams that endured losinf seasons like UVA IND ILL etc etc had better recruiting classes. At some point we have to stop the excuses about why kids dont want to play for Syracuse, and go out and get them.

You're a great example of someone who views the whole recruiting process purely through your own perspective and that's why you appear to struggle to understand the whole picture.

Each of those schools can recruit a number of great prospects in state
No youngster should want to stay in NYS. Go to a college in a state where you may want to live.
Also, each of those states is old State U, and engender to the populace at an early age.

NY does not have that tradition, and if it did it would not include SU, which a number of people believe is elitist without reason and over priced.

No youngster should want to stay in NYS. Go to a college in a state where you may want to live.
Also, each of those states is old State U, and engender to the populace at an early age.

NY does not have that tradition, and if it did it would not include SU, which a number of people believe is elitist without reason and over priced.

What? That's not what I typed, but censorship is what it is.

Then we should push to rule Jersey. Enough talent there to rival the other big 3 states and......hey it's Jersey. Every kid should want to get out of there..lol

No, I was replying to him. I found his post bizarre. So, I typed "W T F", which got changed to "What."
That has been happening for at least a couple years now. No one edited your post (except you). Site script automatically does this. Some advertisers don't like it.

You're a great example of someone who views the whole recruiting process purely through your own perspective and that's why you appear to struggle to understand the whole picture.

So what is the whole picture?

The whole picture is we are in one of the worst states for talent, we have had one good year after being hot garbage for most of the past 15 years, so basically for these kids entire lives. The staff has shown it can win with classes ranked in the 50s and are clearly now bringing in better players than anyone has in years here. I don’t give a **** if Illinois or Indiana brings in a couple of extra 4 stars, we are a better football team than either one and will continue to be.

Then we should push to rule Jersey. Enough talent there to rival the other big 3 states and...hey it's Jersey. Every kid should want to get out of there..lol
I agree with recruiting NJ, but not bashing it. Boy, we’re really working hard not to alienate those we claim to want huh?

I agree with recruiting NJ, but not bashing it. Boy, we’re really working hard not to alienate those we claim to want huh?
thus, ...the LOL at the end of the post.

The whole picture is we are in one of the worst states for talent, we have had one good year after being hot garbage for most of the past 15 years, so basically for these kids entire lives. The staff has shown it can win with classes ranked in the 50s and are clearly now bringing in better players than anyone has in years here. I don’t give a **** if Illinois or Indiana brings in a couple of extra 4 stars, we are a better football team than either one and will continue to be.
I encourage you to read what i said before replying next time. I didn't say just recruit NY, i said focus on the Midlantic and NE. NY, NJ, CT,PA,DC etc. OF COURSE you can take any blue birds from S FLA that wants to come up top. The irony is over the laat 10 years this area has consistently produced top talent. Getting Trill last year was a big win. Gettinf close on Adisa is encouraging lets hope we do better this cycle.

I do have a question based on your premise. If Syracuse is soooo bac, cold, expensive and hot garbage why the heck would a kid from Miami want to come here more than kids from the mid Atlantic area?

I encourage you to read what i said before replying next time. I didn't say just recruit NY, i said focus on the Midlantic and NE. NY, NJ, CT,PA,DC etc. OF COURSE you can take any blue birds from S FLA that wants to come up top. The irony is over the laat 10 years this area has consistently produced top talent. Getting Trill last year was a big win. Gettinf close on Adisa is encouraging lets hope we do better this cycle.

I do have a question based on your premise. If Syracuse is soooo bac, cold, expensive and hot garbage why the heck would a kid from Miami want to come here more than kids from the mid Atlantic area?

So you want us to keep doing exactly what we have been doing? Sounds great.

A23AD950-8151-4FF5-AAE7-27DA4D2EDF8B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors