Class of 2016 - OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson

No room at the Inn. Good luck to the kid.

Staff wants bigger LBs. And good news is that they're getting them.
Yep. I liked this kid's potential, but like you said, they're targeting kids who are either bigger (Ruff) or faster (Armstrong). Parker will land well. I could see him winding up at Temple, or maybe Rutgers. If Michigan State still has room obviously he could land there as well.

Silence says everything when it comes to a new staff and inherited commits

I think the staff is looking to increase the overall of the defense. Carl Jones is a 6'2 kid who is getting offered for corner. That says alot. Dymelle was perfect for shafer/bullough's scheme, fast and scrappy. I wish the best for him. He will do well.

He's 6'2", that's a decent size though the weight was somewhat low at 205. I wonder if this will be an SU and Va trade as he had a Virginia offer.

Last edited:
Hate to see it, but we need size and strength for the Tampa 2. All faith in the staff at this point. :noidea:

6-foot-2, 205-pound LB. Kid seems like a great kid and I'm sure he will find a system where he will excel. Tampa 2 needs bigger LBs and we are seeing that with the two LB decommits and the Mack truck we picked up today.

6-foot-2, 205-pound LB. Kid seems like a great kid and I'm sure he will find a system where he will excel. Tampa 2 needs bigger LBs and we are seeing that with the two LB decommits and the Mack truck we picked up today.

6-2 is fine. 6-1 205 for high school LB is fine to. We wouldn't have recruited Zaire if height was going to be a pre-req, or Paris Bennett, or Shu, or Troy Henderson or Cam Lynch or any number of players. It's a bad idea to run a defense at Syracuse that's going to require factory size players.

Not to mention the way to attack a Tampa 2 is the spread. Is the Tampa2 the way to go in the ACC ? not imo.

Safety is the ONLY area where size has been exposed on our defense and needs to be upgraded. 6-2 corners with great ball skills are a premium. Whigham was our tallest corner 6-0+. Reddish was 5-11. Kevin Abrams 5-8.

I'll take the Shafer Bollough defense and players over Ward every day of the week. SU Defensive rankings since 2008:

2015 - #99 (bowling green #78)
2014 - #26
2013 - #33
2012 - #48
2011 - #64
2010 - #7
2009 - #37
2008 - #101

Defensively this team was good enough to win 8, 9, 10 games a season if the offense didn't suck so bad. I guess what I'm saying is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ruff doesn't look like a kid who flys to the ball either. He looks like a DE more than a MLB, and that's OK by me to b/c we have NO defensive ends. I'm really curious to see what they have in mind for him.

Last edited:
6-2 is fine. 6-1 205 for high school LB is fine to. We wouldn't have recruited Zaire if height was going to be a pre-req, or Paris Bennett, or Shu, or Troy Henderson or Cam Lynch or any number of players. It's a bad idea to run a defense at Syracuse that's going to require factory size players.

Not to mention the way to attack a Tampa 2 is the spread. Is the Tampa2 the way to go in the ACC ? not imo.

Safety is the ONLY area where size has been exposed on our defense and needs to be upgraded. 6-2 corners with great ball skills are a premium. Whigham was our tallest corner 6-0+. Reddish was 5-11. Kevin Abrams 5-8.

I'll take the Shafer Bollough defense and players over Ward every day of the week. SU Defensive rankings since 2008:

2015 - #99 (bowling green #78)
2014 - #26
2013 - #33
2012 - #48
2011 - #64
2010 - #7
2009 - #37
2008 - #101

Defensively this team was good enough to win 8, 9, 10 games a season if the offense didn't suck so bad. I guess what I'm saying is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ruff doesn't look like a kid who flys to the ball either. He looks like a DE more than a MLB, and that's OK by me to b/c we have NO defensive ends. I'm really curious to see what they have in mind for him.
Well Clemson, NC State, UVA and about a dozen other schools seem to think that he has talent

as a linebacker?
I dont know im just starting to dig in but his offer list is impressive. I agree with Bees dont like the silence stuff it takes 15 minutes to call a kid another 15 to talk to his coach and or parents. Other than that it looks like we have a staff that can recruit.

rrlbees said:
Don't like the not hearing from anyone. Couple kids like that. Let kids know their status, not hanging.

Unfortunately all staffs seem to do this, including the prior one.

Not too worried about losing Parker. Seems like a great kid and wish him the best, but never saw that high of a ceiling. I bet he ends up at Temple or another G5 program. Doubt he goes P5

I agree too about not touching base with these kids, if this is in fact happening. Even more than just the respect element, long-term it's not good for building relationships with the schools these players attend.

Don't like the not hearing from anyone. Couple kids like that. Let kids know their status, not hanging.

I agree, its kinda whack to just blow a kid off. I mean, i get it, as a staff they owe the former commits nothing. But to just blow the kids off and let them hang in purgatory, is kinda 'ed up. Yes i am aware this happens elsewhere, just saying.

Wish him the best of luck. He'll land somewhere. Too talented not to.

I agree too about not touching base with these kids, if this is in fact happening. Even more than just the respect element, long-term it's not good for building relationships with the schools these players attend.
So which do you think is better the silent treatment or telling a kid his commitment will be honored but he will never see the field. I think both are crappy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom