Class of 2016 - OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Dymelle Parker (NJ) Verbal to Towson

So which do you think is better the silent treatment or telling a kid his commitment will be honored but he will never see the field. I think both are crappy.

Yes both aren't ideal but I prefer at least being upfront with the kid.

So which do you think is better the silent treatment or telling a kid his commitment will be honored but he will never see the field. I think both are crappy.
They are, but personally, I would rather be told, as opposed to getting the silent treatment. But I have to trust The Babe.

Both are crappy, but the second one is better. At least that kid you've taken the time to connect with a kid and let him know where he stands so he's not twisting in the wind.

Unfortunately, the silent treatment is a common practice. Done pretty much everywhere. Still don't like it.

Yes both aren't ideal but I prefer at least being upfront with the kid.
They are, but personally, I would rather be told, as opposed to getting the silent treatment. But I have to trust The Babe.
Id rather be told i'm not going to see the field. At least i am told something.
Can't you just tell the kid sorry we're moving in a different direction, aka it's not you its me.
That is what I would prefer.
Then it's settled.

OK - who's calling Dino to tell him? ;)

Can't you just tell the kid sorry we're moving in a different direction, aka it's not you its me.
images

Means that maybe there is a better linebacker out there that they are hopeful of getting. Not all bad news...

You model the behavior you would want any "kid" to learn is the appropriate way to handle such situations. Always be teaching.

And if Shafer doesn't go after this kid,then what does that tell you?

Valid point unless Maryland is full at LB or are looking at others higher on their "new" board as well like SU is. Still...his size would be a nice type of SS unless he was an attacking pressure LB with no coverage skills or below average speed. I wish the young man well and hope things turn out for him, at the very worst he'll still get 4 years of free tuition/room/board.

Hate to see it, but we need size and strength for the Tampa 2. All faith in the staff at this point. :noidea:
6-foot-2, 205-pound LB. Kid seems like a great kid and I'm sure he will find a system where he will excel. Tampa 2 needs bigger LBs and we are seeing that with the two LB decommits and the Mack truck we picked up today.
So I'm confused... what I know about the Tampa 2 defense is that the LBs need to be agile to drop back in pass coverage. I don't see where size is an advantage. Ruff looks like an overall upgrade compared with Parker, but maybe the Xs and Os guys can explain why having a bigger body at MLB would be an advantage playing Tampa 2.

So I'm confused... what I know about the Tampa 2 defense is that the LBs need to be agile to drop back in pass coverage. I don't see where size is an advantage. Ruff looks like an overall upgrade compared with Parker, but maybe the Xs and Os guys can explain why having a bigger body at MLB would be an advantage playing Tampa 2.
The more simple way to explain this without getting to much into scheme. Ward doesn't rely on blitzing as much as shafer. when you blitz alot you need faster and more agile LB's who can bend and make plays. Shafer also recruits LB/SS type for packages like Okie ( 3 down lineman and up to 7 DB's) Shafer is in Okie almost every 3rd and 5 or more, or in 2 min drill situations. Ward's tampa 2 scheme will most likely keep 4 D lineman in to pass rush and take out OLB's replacing them with nickel corner types.

JoeSU to add on to your question about MLB and the size factor. You basically can get away with having a bigger and slower MLB that's good at stopping the run because when he do read pass all he has to do is drop about 7 yards deep into the middle hole. He doesnt have to cover TE' or RB's 1 on 1. So the defense doesnt rely on MLB help during coverage. Hope that makes sense.

looks like it's indiana or bust then, unless he midweek officials to temple, rutgirls or uconn. funny i haven't seen his name mentioned with any of those schools even though rutgirls and uconn are both struggling for commits. rutgirls is on the verge of flipping a kid from buffalo and one from uconn. if ash were our coach i would have taken the bridge.

looks like it's indiana or bust then, unless he midweek officials to temple, rutgirls or uconn. funny i haven't seen his name mentioned with any of those schools even though rutgirls and uconn are both struggling for commits. rutgirls is on the verge of flipping a kid from buffalo and one from uconn. if ash were our coach i would have taken the bridge.

I'd be in full meltdown mode if i was an RU fan right now. That "young, energetic, up and coming staff" has done absolutely nothing on the recruiting trail.

Flipping a prep school Temple commit
signing a TE whose other offers included Buffalo, Temple, Delaware, James Madison

And as you mention, they are looking to flip a UB and UConn commit who both camped for the previous staff and werent offered.

Some of their fanbase can take the glasses off and see things are not going great, some have their head in the sand.

I'd be in full meltdown mode if i was an RU fan right now. That "young, energetic, up and coming staff" has done absolutely nothing on the recruiting trail.

signing a TE whose other offers included Buffalo, Temple, Delaware, James Madison

And as you mention, they are looking to flip a UB and UConn commit who both camped for the previous staff and werent offered.

Some of their fanbase can take the glasses off and see things are not going great, some have their head in the sand.

The spin - err damage control - is pure gold.

Claiming the UB kid has a VT offer. Stop it, the kid didn't willingly commit to UB with a VaTech offer and now he's doubly going to ignore the VT offer and flip to rutgirls. That's just silly.

What's the difference between us flipping kids from BGSU and Western Michigan?

I really like everyone we've brought in because they have great tapes. Have you watched the Rutgers kids' tapes to see if they're good players too? I'm not saying that they're good players, but perception without context is probably how people have looked at our class too from outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom