Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

He intends on signing with su so unless hes academically ineligible id say good boom
He intends to sign with SU. But SU didn't send him papers. Soooooo...

Wouldn't SU let him know that they were no longer interested in him and they were moving on?

Today's events gives new meaning to this tweet. Maybe he is in denial. We've seen it before on signing days.

Like last year with a certain RB who blamed everyone but himself.

Wouldn't SU let him know that they were no longer interested in him and they were moving on?
Not necessarily. Sometimes they just stop contact but the kid isn't wise enough figure it out.

could mean he's not academically qualified, not that we've moved on.

I don't agree with it but it seems to be typical manner of backing off a commit.
I absolutely loathe the practice, and I don't know that it's being done here. But, industry standard is to cut off communication. I think it's disingenuous and cowardly, it's also what everybody does.

Maybe the offer was contingent upon his taking care of academic matters? If the coaches let him know, and he hasn't handled his part of the bargain. . .

All conjecture, of course.

Oh. I chose, subconsciously, not to read that way.

Did he officially visit here? I don’t recall. That’s sort of a red flag. but I thought we had a coach at his school recently, like within the last two weeks. If we did I don’t think we cut off contact cold turkey.

Did he officially visit here? I don’t recall. That’s sort of a red flag. but I thought we had a coach at his school recently, like within the last two weeks. If we did I don’t think we cut off contact cold turkey.
Lewis was there on 12/8. That could have been an evaluation visit where they are checking out academics with his coach. But if his academics were an issue I would think his HS coach would have discussed that with him.

Lewis was there on 12/8. That could have been an evaluation visit where they are checking out academics with his coach.

Yup That’s what I would think. If we were in school visiting on 12/8 this is academic related to not send him the papers.

Last edited:
He did not OV.

One of the cooler names in the group... would hate to lose him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom