Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

Ugh I can't stand this thread, it keeps getting worse

I didn't think that comment from Cabinda was that bad. Lighten up, guys. He's saying it's possible he decommits but it would take a lot. I like the honesty and he remains committed but he's willing to listen if there is something that sticks out to him that suits him better.

I like Cabinda a lot as a prospect but I've long learned not to get emotionally invested in recruiting. I hope he chooses SU and thinks it will be the best for his future but I won't chastise him for listening to PSU. Here's to hoping he signs his LOI to SU in the coming months.

Gotta admit, even with Cabinda's strong relationship with our commits and coaches, I feel like after being there to experience the 105,00 person, 4 OT PSU win against Michigan, I don't see how he doesn't flip his commitment.

Gotta admit, even with Cabinda's strong relationship with our commits and coaches, I feel like after being there to experience the 105,00 person, 4 OT PSU win against Michigan, I don't see how he doesn't flip his commitment.
You beat me to it - he is gone. No way to fight or compete with what just happened although some Orange wearing glasses fan will try to come up with a way to tell us how a particular major is better at SU. Meanwhile the PSU football player experience is way beyond SU's, the alumni base is well beyond SU's, etc. etc. etc.

Yet some witty SU fan will call it Ped State and tell us that we are idiots.

PS - TV coverage even rubbed it in by showing Ryan Nassib's Penn State playing brother at the end.

You beat me to it - he is gone. No way to fight or compete with what just happened although some Orange wearing glasses fan will try to come up with a way to tell us how a particular major is better at SU. Meanwhile the PSU football player experience is way beyond SU's, the alumni base is well beyond SU's, etc. etc. etc.

Yet some witty SU fan will call it Ped State and tell us that we are idiots.

PS - TV coverage even rubbed it in by showing Ryan Nassib's Penn State playing brother at the end.
Frankly who cares. He comes here. He doesn't. Next.

Never understood these posts. If you don't care, why are you in the recruiting board? Also, obviously we care, because getting good recruits leads to making a better team. If he wants to go to PSU over Cuse, its fine and its his choice. But his de-committing has an impact on the team we put out on the field for the next 4-5 years, and thats why we care

Never understood these posts. If you don't care, why are you in the recruiting board? Also, obviously we care, because getting good recruits leads to making a better team. If he wants to go to PSU over Cuse, its fine and its his choice. But his de-committing has an impact on the team we put out on the field for the next 4-5 years, and thats why we care
He won't make or break the recruiting class imo. I'm not going to be angry with him and get on his case if he chooses Penn State, like people did last year with some of the recruits who went elsewhere after originally committing here.

Wussies. It's a long season, penn state will be lucky to finish .500

No bowl games

Because we can't continue to lose talented players to top programs then replace them with lesser talent from lower programs. If you don't care about the talent we recruit then you don't care about Syracuse Football getting better.

Would be surprised if we keep him. He's a good one so I hope i'm wrong. Having said that, we are still involved with alot of talent so its not as bad losing him if he does de-commit. And if we can get Sykes then i'd be okay with that trade.

counter intuitive but i think he ends up sticking with us

just from reading his tweets it sounds like he is having the time of his life.

just from reading his tweets it sounds like he is having the time of his life.
I'm sure he is after a big win, let's see if he flips by tomorrow. Hopefully he goes home to think about it, which would be better for us. Wonder if this is the year Bill O'Brien leaves for the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

He won't make or break the recruiting class imo. I'm not going to be angry with him and get on his case if he chooses Penn State, like people did last year with some of the recruits who went elsewhere after originally committing here.
No one player ever really makes or breaks a recruiting class. But the more talent you bring in, the better your chances of success. For example, Jerome Smith was a nothing recruit, a 2 star from Delaware. If we didn't get him, you would say he didn't matter. But considering his play the last two years, and the coming one, I'd say he makes this team's ground game a strength and is the backbone of our offense.

Also, no one with an ounce of maturity gets made at 17 year old kids for going to a school they enjoy the most or think is best for them. You are in the majority, not minority.

No one player ever really makes or breaks a recruiting class. But the more talent you bring in, the better your chances of success. For example, Jerome Smith was a nothing recruit, a 2 star from Delaware. If we didn't get him, you would say he didn't matter. But considering his play the last two years, and the coming one, I'd say he makes this team's ground game a strength and is the backbone of our offense.

Also, no one with an ounce of maturity gets made at 17 year old kids for going to a school they enjoy the most or think is best for them. You are in the majority, not minority.
Hey, I'm on board with that. Take a look at the original title of this thread. "Beyond excited". Until the glitz of Penn State comes calling. Maybe he doesn't fall for it, but if he does so be it. That's what I was really getting at. Staff needs to find those Jerome Smith's out there who have always been the backbone of our Program.

Last edited:
I agree. There are a lot of factors that recruits have to consider in choosing a school. Some people are seducted by the bright lights of Las Vegas and some aren't. And the PSU depth chart shows that 6 of the 7 OLBs currently on their roster are either Fr. or Sophs.

You also have to consider that in the Big 10 you have only 1 really good school Ohio St. Right now the ACC has 2 teams getting back to prominence Florida St, Miami, 2 more coming on in Clemson, Virginia Tech, adding Louisville next year, versus Big 10 adding Maryland, Rutgers. The ACC is on an upswing, the Big 10 is slowly becoming irrelevant in football, and has been the last few years.

108,000 > 48,000.

It is what it is.

I'd neg recruit against PSU like there is no tomorrow. Say what you want about Beaver Stadium and "White Outs," but they had a prominent Assistant Coach that RAPED several boys, while the powers that be sat idly by. That would be my first line out of the gate with every PSU recruit. I get that some recruits will be put off, but it certainly should cause some pause for concern.

Personally, you couldnt pay me enough to be associated with a program like that.

Would be surprised if we keep him. He's a good one so I hope i'm wrong. Having said that, we are still involved with alot of talent so its not as bad losing him if he does de-commit. And if we can get Sykes then i'd be okay with that trade.
Sykes would be a great"instead of " or (alternate) Mix in Zaire and we have reloaded that unit. I will be more than shocked and happy if Cabinda comes here but I think he is gone.:bat:

I think reading anything into what some 18 year old kid is thinking makes it far from a sure thing.

I'd bet he's gone - but until he says one way or another?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom