Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

Tough to say no to penn state to play LB, but i think in general our insiders aren't very good at predicting where kids end up. Hope we keep him

I guess the 25k at the Wagner game didn't leave that much of an impact :(

“The atmosphere before the game was great. How passionate the people were, it was really great positivity. I’ve never been in an atmosphere like that. It was great. I will remember being on the sidelines the most and watching the players warm up and seeing the student section because of the energy it gave me. It made me want to be on that field right then and there.” -- Syracuse commit Jason Cabinda (Flemington, N.J./Hunterdon Central), who was at Penn State on an unofficial visit.

Is that from the new bluewhite rvls article? Good news is their headline says 'Cabinda remains committed to Syracuse".
In the article, he said he's gonna take officials to PSU in Dec and us on Jan 17, and he'll make a decision after then. He really loves our commits and coaches, but he's gotten to love getting to know everyone at PSU also.

In the article, he said he's gonna take officials to PSU in Dec and us on Jan 17, and he'll make a decision after then. He really loves our commits and coaches, but he's gotten to love getting to know everyone at PSU also.

That's all we can ask for. Those three weekends in Jan are going to be big. 1/17 (pitt) That's when Mike Johnson's visiting to I think.

That's definitely good news for us. I wonder if PSU will sit around that long and potentially be left without an OLB? Best case for us is they shop around when he decides and they take someone else.

You beat me to it - he is gone. No way to fight or compete with what just happened although some Orange wearing glasses fan will try to come up with a way to tell us how a particular major is better at SU. Meanwhile the PSU football player experience is way beyond SU's, the alumni base is well beyond SU's, etc. etc. etc.

Yet some witty SU fan will call it Ped State and tell us that we are idiots.

PS - TV coverage even rubbed it in by showing Ryan Nassib's Penn State playing brother at the end.
Just as witty on your part making definitive statements like "he is gone," then calling out people who disagree with that statement as wearing Orange colored glasses. You obviously have no connection with Cabinda personally. You may make THINK he will flip... but it is clear you really have no clue at all in relation to what he will do.

Yet your response will probably be "I'll eat crow," or "I want to be wrong about Cabinda flipping" - but you kind of are an idiot if he does stay with Orange, aren't you, after making that post?

You beat me to it - he is gone. No way to fight or compete with what just happened although some Orange wearing glasses fan will try to come up with a way to tell us how a particular major is better at SU. Meanwhile the PSU football player experience is way beyond SU's, the alumni base is well beyond SU's, etc. etc. etc.

Yet some witty SU fan will call it Ped State and tell us that we are idiots.

PS - TV coverage even rubbed it in by showing Ryan Nassib's Penn State playing brother at the end.

Well they are ped state. They allowed and covered up the raping of children. Fans and administrators think that its ok.

Well they are ped state. They allowed and covered up the raping of children. Fans and administrators think that its ok.

We need to move past the "ped" state thing. We had our own issues on that doorstep, albeit it was quite different. I am one that believes the university football program, if nots sports period, should have been shut down, but it wasn't, so move on. I have a ton, leterally speaking now, of PSU friends and not a one said it was ok. Point is it should never happen again, but in reality, it will and probably is. NCAA showed its hand, its about money, period.

I agree 100% Noexcuse. We have to be successful finding the diamonds in the rough like Jerome. I think this staff has what it takes to find good players and knows how to keep them. I think Cabinda will be orange.

Last edited:
By the way, does anybody really believe OBrien is going to stick around Penn State when the NFL comes calling this season or next?

By the way, does anybody really believe OBrien is going to stick around Penn State when the NFL comes calling this season or next?

Frankly, you are pretty much untouchable at a school like PSU if you establish yourself, so why any coach would leave a situation like that is beyound me. Where would he get a job, Jacksonville, Arizona, St. Louis, maybe a Minnesota or a TB? All pressure cookers and for what? He is up to 3.2 million this year and has the perfect excuse for the next 2-3 years before the real pressure starts once all is said and done with the penalties, if not sooner as it appears. He is already making more than half the coaches in the NFL, and many of them are already on the hot seat so to speak. I can see why a Doug Marrone would leave, but it would have to be quite the offer for O'Brien to leave, IMO.

O'Brien may be a good fit at tampa bay when shady gets fired.

Frankly, you are pretty much untouchable at a school like PSU if you establish yourself, so why any coach would leave a situation like that is beyound me. Where would he get a job, Jacksonville, Arizona, St. Louis, maybe a Minnesota or a TB? All pressure cookers and for what? He is up to 3.2 million this year and has the perfect excuse for the next 2-3 years before the real pressure starts once all is said and done with the penalties, if not sooner as it appears. He is already making more than half the coaches in the NFL, and many of them are already on the hot seat so to speak. I can see why a Doug Marrone would leave, but it would have to be quite the offer for O'Brien to leave, IMO.

Why would Chip Kelly leave Oregon?

Jacksonville, Arizona, St. Louis, maybe a Minnesota or a TB - pressure cookers? you're kidding right. And the NFL will pay more than Penn State does.

We need to move past the "ped" state thing. We had our own issues on that doorstep, albeit it was quite different. I am one that believes the university football program, if nots sports period, should have been shut down, but it wasn't, so move on. I have a ton, leterally speaking now, of PSU friends and not a one said it was ok. Point is it should never happen again, but in reality, it will and probably is. NCAA showed its hand, its about money, period.
we don't have any issues like Penn state. None.

So when Jeff Hafley gets canned with Schiano in Tampa Bay, can we PLEASE make him an offer to coach our DB’s and whatever other title we can give him. Would really be a huge shot in the arm for recruiting.
you don't think Schiano will bring him to Austin?

you don't think Schiano will bring him to Austin?

Texas won't hire that clown (Schiano). They'll want a head coach with a winning record as recruiting isn't their problem.

That said I'm definitely interested to see where monkey face ends up. Could very well end up in the ACC and wouldn't it be fun to see him in the Big10 coaching/recruiting against buttgers.

Do we think Reed is in line to be let go at the end of this year?

I must say, this thread is pretty awful. If Cabinda flips, he flips. If he doesn't, he doesn't. The fact of the matter is that PSU is a lot more appealing to a 17-18 year old kid than Syracuse. Throw in the 108k vs 40k and it makes the argument that much stronger.

At the end of the day, we will be in this until the end. Relationships, bonding and all of that gooey stuff gives us a legit chance. He loves our staff, especially Shaf. Once the bright lights experience fades away a bit from his memory, Cabinda will come back down to earth.

Good news is that PSU is trying to flip our commits. Says something about the quality of who we're after.

In the meantime, just chill fellow maniacs. We got some football games to watch to hold us over. Winning helps to cure everything.

I must say, this thread is pretty awful. If Cabinda flips, he flips. If he doesn't, he doesn't. The fact of the matter is that PSU is a lot more appealing to a 17-18 year old kid than Syracuse. Throw in the 108k vs 40k and it makes the argument that much stronger.

At the end of the day, we will be in this until the end. Relationships, bonding and all of that gooey stuff gives us a legit chance. He loves our staff, especially Shaf. Once the bright lights experience fades away a bit from his memory, Cabinda will come back down to earth.

Good news is that PSU is trying to flip our commits. Says something about the quality of who we're after.

In the meantime, just chill fellow maniacs. We got some football games to watch to hold us over. Winning helps to cure everything.

Gooey stuff? LOL

It is a very good thing when Penn St, and Miami are trying to get commitments from people we are recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom