Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

this is why this board can be maddening ....if you heard what I had heard today, oh boy!!!
Does it kind of strike a chord with why Marrone was vs the message boards?
Not taking a side either way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

this is why this board can be maddening ....if you heard what I had heard today, oh boy!!!

You got everyone intrigued. But judging by the first part of your sentence and the 3 exclamations after the second, what you heard was really good news. And given a certain picture you posted, sounds positive on a highly rated WR.

You got everyone intrigued. But judging by the first part of your sentence and the 3 exclamations after the second, what you heard was really good news. And given a certain picture you posted, sounds positive on a highly rated WR.

Or all our commits are walking onto Rutgers.

at least 2 TDs for Cabinda in a big win tonight

BT_oY2aIMAA1RGD.jpg

BC has a top 25 class because they filled it early, by seasons end they will be in the 40's.

Actually BC has slipped to mid-30's already.....

Actually BC has slipped to mid-30's already.....

BC Current rankings after a fast start:

247: #35
ESPN: #34
Rivals: #28
Scouts: #40

and falling fast. I may be wrong as they could end up in the low 50's.

For ranking purposes this isnt a surprise. that being said, I could care less about those site's rankings. BC got their early targets, depending on Addazio's big board one would assume those recruits were his higher priorities.

Wether you believe in rankings or not, I know I wouldn't mind having my guys in early. IMO the earlier the better, if the recruits get to know all of one another early I'd think flipping chances would decrease.

Those rankings are mainly based off camp appearances, I don't think rankings have changed much since the start of the season. Without any info to back myself, I'd also assume BC's commits had a lower camp attendance percentage bc they already committed. Hence the drop.

This is all my opinion, no more merit to it than the next guy. But with some exposure to these camps and such, I've come to think over the past five years that these rankings are very subjective, more and more as the years go by actually.

Most of the board that has followed recruiting closely for more than a few years have been saying this for a while now. As the major conference teams start to fill out their classes, the BC and Temple type recruiting classes that were getting pub a few months based upon sheer numbers of recruits would start falling like rocks. This isn't a surprise.

Is Mike Ferrel still at R1vals? If I had to venture a guess, based on their rating of BC, I'd have to say yep.

For ranking purposes this isnt a surprise. that being said, I could care less about those site's rankings. BC got their early targets, depending on Addazio's big board one would assume those recruits were his higher priorities.

Wether you believe in rankings or not, I know I wouldn't mind having my guys in early. IMO the earlier the better, if the recruits get to know all of one another early I'd think flipping chances would decrease.

Those rankings are mainly based off camp appearances, I don't think rankings have changed much since the start of the season. Without any info to back myself, I'd also assume BC's commits had a lower camp attendance percentage bc they already committed. Hence the drop.

This is all my opinion, no more merit to it than the next guy. But with some exposure to these camps and such, I've come to think over the past five years that these rankings are very subjective, more and more as the years go by actually.

The individual players' rankings didn't drop, it was the team ranking. BC never had top 25 talent, they just had 10 more committed kids than everyone else, and those recruiting sites use cumulative stars, not average stars per commit.

The individual players' rankings didn't drop, it was the team ranking. BC never had top 25 talent, they just had 10 more committed kids than everyone else, and those recruiting sites use cumulative stars, not average stars per commit.
Exactly, and that flawed logic is what makes the class rankings pointless before signing day. I'd much rather have a few 3/4 stars than a lot of 2/3 stars in Sept. Let's see where everyone falls when each class is filled up.

Penn State was at his game last night. With them getting 5 more scholarships, our PA and NJ recruits are on alert.

Penn State was at his game last night. With them getting 5 more scholarships, our PA and NJ recruits are on alert.

They don't get the 5 extra schollies until the next class.

They don't get the 5 extra schollies until the next class.

They get them this class and we are holding our breathe for Cabinda. They are most likely either offering him or Lazzerra, a current BC commit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom