Class of 2014 - OLB Jawhaun Bentley (MD) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jawhaun Bentley (MD) Offered

we could take 3. They won't say no to Sykes, Thomas, or Williams
This is where the high-stakes gambling of trying to bring a program to the next level talent-wise comes in. If your plan-B guys don't wait and start commiting elswhere you better hope you get some of your A-list talent or you end up with C-list talent. A little nervous as to what happens if we get stuck holding the bag with all 3 of the above and don't get any commits out from them.

I will trust in the staff to get it done.

This is where the high-stakes gambling of trying to bring a program to the next level talent-wise comes in. If your plan-B guys don't wait and start commiting elswhere you better hope you get some of your A-list talent or you end up with C-list talent. A little nervous as to what happens if we get stuck holding the bag with all 3 of the above and don't get any commits out from them.

With other positions I might be worried, but considering we have several LB commits to this class already, if we don't get the guys we want to join Zaire, Moskal and (cannot believe I am blanking here...) then we can pass until next class. If we were in this situation with say the K position where we don't already have guys we want, this would be a bigger issue. But thankfully we have a strong LB crop regardless of what happens going forwards

With other positions I might be worried, but considering we have several LB commits to this class already, if we don't get the guys we want to join Zaire, Moskal and (cannot believe I am blanking here...) then we can pass until next class. If we were in this situation with say the K position where we don't already have guys we want, this would be a bigger issue. But thankfully we have a strong LB crop regardless of what happens going forwards

Parris Bennett?

Spot on. Feeling the same way. Doesn't help that Thomas recruitment will go the distance. Sykes could be done this weekend, and possibly Williams. If both of them stretch it out until after the dead period then we will really be gambling. Worst case if we're going to lose Sykes or Williams let's hope it's before the dead period so a guy like Johnson can know he has a spot.

Also like Libero said i'd be much more worried if we didn't already have 3 solid prospects.

Another case of a recruit overwhelmed by a first visit. Purdue will always be on the bottom of the Big Ten.

From today's Washington Post - silly to describe this as a case of a recruit being overwhelmed when you are totally clueless with regard to the kid, his situation and what he wants. Although some here seem to forget it, many of the other teams have nice campuses, solid academic programs and good recruiters too. Not everyone sees Syracuse as Mecca like some of the Orange glasses wearing yahoos out here.

Now go and tear into the kid's quote, call him an idiot and talk about the regret he'll have down the road - because you know that Purdue and Hazel suck.

“I believe that Purdue is a ‘fire waiting to explode’ and I want to be a part of that,” Bentley said via text on Monday night. “I believe Coach [Darrell] Hazel and his staff going into their second year are putting the pieces in place to make a huge run.”

With offers from Maryland, Virginia, Iowa, Syracuse, Rutgers and West Virginia, among others, Bentley said he narrowed his list down to Syracuse and Purdue before choosing the Boilermakers.

From today's Washington Post - silly to describe this as a case of a recruit being overwhelmed when you are totally clueless with regard to the kid, his situation and what he wants. Although some here seem to forget it, many of the other teams have nice campuses, solid academic programs and good recruiters too. Not everyone sees Syracuse as Mecca like some of the Orange glasses wearing yahoos out here.

Now go and tear into the kid's quote, call him an idiot and talk about the regret he'll have down the road - because you know that Purdue and Hazel suck.

“I believe that Purdue is a ‘fire waiting to explode’ and I want to be a part of that,” Bentley said via text on Monday night. “I believe Coach [Darrell] Hazel and his staff going into their second year are putting the pieces in place to make a huge run.”

With offers from Maryland, Virginia, Iowa, Syracuse, Rutgers and West Virginia, among others, Bentley said he narrowed his list down to Syracuse and Purdue before choosing the Boilermakers.

I find it ironic that you are calling someone out for making assumptions when they are "totally clueless with regard to the kid", when you did the exact same thing in the Jason Cabinda thread.

He must be impressed by the very Robinsonian job of their coach. Take a mediocre 6-6 team and immediately turn them into the worst team in the entire BCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom