Class of 2016 - OLB/TE Adam Giordano (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB/TE Adam Giordano (NJ) Offered

tep624 said:
Rushing a story to print without getting both sides of it isn't a mistake.

Exactly. He basically said "look I tried calling and they didn't get back to me so I assumed they ran out of room for their prized recruit"

If the SUAD doesn't like the story being broken in this manner than they are at fault for not controlling the message. They had an opportunity to get out in front of this story and they didn't. And this includes lack of promotion of the program. I am hopeful with a new AD and DFO some of this will be corrected. Start making the news instead of being the news.

If the SUAD doesn't like the story being broken in this manner than they are at fault for not controlling the message. They had an opportunity to get out in front of this story and they didn't. And this includes lack of promotion of the program. I am hopeful with a new AD and DFO some of this will be corrected. Start making the news instead of being the news.
Agreed, that they need to do better at getting in front of the news but in this case I think Bailey should have waited for clarification. He said "A phone call to SU Athletics assistant director of communications Mike Morrison inquiring about Giordano's previously described walk-on status on Thursday morning was not immediately returned." then ran with the article at 10:26am. This was a summer morning with the coaching staff on vacation (maybe the communications staff too?) . I think he could have waiting a little longer for clarification. As some have mentioned this wasn't a breaking story that he needed to rush to press with.

The story is Blair. I mean we are talking about the guy many have said could have the biggest impact from this class in 2015, and I think it's news-worthy that we believe he isn't on campus with the rest of the group, and that his status is still up in the air.

I understand that SU has to respect Blair's privacy, but even a statement saying that there is nothing to report until the Clearinghouse process is complete is better than complete avoidance of the issue. With all the freshmen on campus, I'm sure someone from the football staff other than Hicks is working this week- attribute the generic comment to them, or let it come from Frazier as Deputy AD.

And I am going to make him class of 2016 in hopes that Blair still makes it.
I apologize for continuing to allow this thread about Giordano to veer off course. He is a great story, I am a big fan of his film (love big guys that are aggressive and can run) and I suspect he is going to end up being a big contributor for us on defense some day.

But let's veer off course a little more.

Blair is going to make it.

While we wait though, maybe we should have a thread called the 'Blair Which Project', that talks about which way things will break for Blair on this live changing decision the NCAA is making. I hope they take into account all the work and progress he and others like him make when they make these decisions. Give the kids that break their back trying to overcome problems mostly driven by their environment to have a chance at a better life.

It that asking too much?

Full_Rebar said:
The story is Blair. I mean we are talking about the guy many have said could have the biggest impact from this class in 2015, and I think it's news-worthy that we believe he isn't on campus with the rest of the group, and that his status is still up in the air. I understand that SU has to respect Blair's privacy, but even a statement saying that there is nothing to report until the Clearinghouse process is complete is better than complete avoidance of the issue. With all the freshmen on campus, I'm sure someone from the football staff other than Hicks is working this week- attribute the generic comment to them, or let it come from Frazier as Deputy AD.

I like Bailey - but he assumed too much. He went with "if 1+1 is 2, then x,y, and z must be true too" ... The only concrete thing he knew was that this kid was getting a scholarship.

Contrast that with the writing from the basketball side and scholarship numbers. Lots of "I'm not sure" and "they must think x"

I apologize for continuing to allow this thread about Giordano to veer off course. He is a great story, I am a big fan of his film (love big guys that are aggressive and can run) and I suspect he is going to end up being a big contributor for us on defense some day.

But let's veer off course a little more.

Blair is going to make it.

While we wait though, maybe we should have a thread called the 'Blair Which Project', that talks about which way things will break for Blair on this live changing decision the NCAA is making. I hope they take into account all the work and progress he and others like him make when they make these decisions. Give the kids that break their back trying to overcome problems mostly driven by their environment to have a chance at a better life.

It that asking too much?

I apologize for starting it up again this morning. I promise to behave. :oops:

TheCusian said:
I like Bailey - but he assumed too much. He went with "if 1+1 is 2, then x,y, and z must be true too" ... The only concrete thing he knew was that this kid was getting a scholarship.

Contrast that with the writing from the basketball side and scholarship numbers. Lots of "I'm not sure" and "they must think x"

Yeah I have to agree a bit. Maybe hes concerned about being scooped, but my opinion is if I could find a source that was always RIGHT on cuse sports I would read religiously. Right now when news breaks I just read it here and we all fact check and find who's got the real story as a group then I click on the article. So who's first doesn't matter who has done the leg work and research to get the story right gets my click.

Is it me, or has there been a ton of turmoil lately? Broyld, Giordano, Blair, etc. Seems like it at least. Kid had a full ride, how can he give that up after a few weeks? Weird.

jr4750 said:
Is it me, or has there been a ton of turmoil lately? Broyld, Giordano, Blair, etc. Seems like it at least. Kid had a full ride, how can he give that up after a few weeks? Weird.

Homesick?

Couldn't see himself making the commitment to football?

Who knows.

He only started playing football during his Senior year.

Maybe when he realized how much work P5 football really was, he wanted to play LAX instead.
Occam's razor.

Giving up a full ride, when you aren't likely to get that in Lax. He's a braver man that I would be. Strange.

I am not too discouraged by this. The kid had a lot of potential but D1 football is a totally different beast.

Depending on the numbers, this might add an additional scholarship to this class as we have possibly 5+ potentially enrolling early this year (RW, MN, Scoop, Rex, & Harper). I have lost track if there are more that discussed early enrollment but I would assume this scholarship could go towards an early enrollee in the 15 class adding a slot in the 16.

This might allow us to take 2 safeties and accept Clarke's commitment and still hold out on Burch or Burell. I would like to have more depth in the secondary. One name I would love to have is Behrndt. He has a nice mean streak and would make a great guard, although he could do well for himself playing on the other side of the ball.

I am not too discouraged by this. The kid had a lot of potential but D1 football is a totally different beast.

Depending on the numbers, this might add an additional scholarship to this class as we have possibly 5+ potentially enrolling early this year (RW, MN, Scoop, Rex, & Harper). I have lost track if there are more that discussed early enrollment but I would assume this scholarship could go towards an early enrollee in the 15 class adding a slot in the 16.

This might allow us to take 2 safeties and accept Clarke's commitment and still hold out on Burch or Burell. I would like to have more depth in the secondary. One name I would love to have is Behrndt. He has a nice mean streak and would make a great guard, although he could do well for himself playing on the other side of the ball.

The simple view ... if Ginnetti or Dawson make it next January, one of them will count towards 2015 instead of 2016. Otherwise, there are plenty of early enroll candidates (as you've listed).

Anyone remember McKenzie Matthews from CBA. Big time DE with offers from SU, Michigan and Pitt and signed with the Panthers.

Left school after a week of practice. Ended up at a D2 school.

P5 football isn't for everyone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom