OLine | Syracusefan.com

OLine

kcsu

Living Legend
Depending on Injuries but assuming everyone is good to go in the fall i see the following guys starting for us. Pugh will be our LT, Mac at Center, Trudo will play G and back up Mac at Center, a much improved Chibane holds onto his G spot, and Curtis mans the RT position. If Trudo cant go than i think that Alexander gets the nod at G. Our top 7 and i think you will see some position experimenting during the spring will be Pugh, Mac, Trudo, Curtis, Robinson, Alexander, and Chibane. I would really like to see Alexander show up in great shape and push Chibane out of the picture but i think that experiance really counts this year and i actually expect a decent year out of both of these guys.

Is Lou still the reigning buffet king, or has he actually gotten into shape?

Depending on Injuries but assuming everyone is good to go in the fall i see the following guys starting for us. Pugh will be our LT, Mac at Center, Trudo will play G and back up Mac at Center, a much improved Chibane holds onto his G spot, and Curtis mans the RT position. If Trudo cant go than i think that Alexander gets the nod at G. Our top 7 and i think you will see some position experimenting during the spring will be Pugh, Mac, Trudo, Curtis, Robinson, Alexander, and Chibane. I would really like to see Alexander show up in great shape and push Chibane out of the picture but i think that experiance really counts this year and i actually expect a decent year out of both of these guys.
I would include Hickey and Phillips as candidates for playing time as well.

Hickey tore his ACL in early August. My guess is that he will participate in spring football drills. but might be held out of some of all contact work. He has a lot of talent. Can he stay healthy?

Phillips has a lot of experience. Looks to me like he doesn't have great natural strength but he is agile and works hard. I think he will be in the mix for both open positions on the line.

We know Trudo will miss spring practice with his injury. That hurts his chances. I believe he worked at center almost exclusively last season, further handicapping him in the race for a starting position at guard. He is a smart kid and he does have a lot of talent, so maybe he can overcome this. But he is at a major disadvantage over some of the other candidates.

Hickey tore his ACL in early August. My guess is that he will participate in spring football drills. but might be held out of some of all contact work. He has a lot of talent. Can he stay healthy?

Phillips has a lot of experience. Looks to me like he doesn't have great natural strength but he is agile and works hard. I think he will be in the mix for both open positions on the line.

We know Trudo will miss spring practice with his injury. That hurts his chances. I believe he worked at center almost exclusively last season, further handicapping him in the race for a starting position at guard. He is a smart kid and he does have a lot of talent, so maybe he can overcome this. But he is at a major disadvantage over some of the other candidates.
Good points Tom you would know more about this than me. Hickey was such a good get when we landed him i hope that he can overcome his injury and do well same with Trudo.

I'll just be happy when these guys play at least close to the average expectations.

'Push Chibane out' I like Chibane he is our nastiest o-lineman. I hope Trudo can come back amd push Mac out.

'Push Chibane out' I like Chibane he is our nastiest o-lineman. I hope Trudo can come back amd push Mac out.
Chibane may be nasty but he was consistently the worst last year. Not sure why you wouldn't want Trudo to push out Chibane but push out Mackey instead.

TC, I think you have it about right going into the spring. Good thing about Hickey was the ACL tear didn't require surgery, just a long rehab stint. Phillips deserves a shot, but needs to come in bigger to have staying power throughout the season. I don't know if Trudo will be ready for prime time in the fall, we'll see, but it'll be at OG. Alexander needs to come in 20-30 lbs lighter. Foy, too, needs to get in better shape. I'm not a Chibane fan, he's had an up and down career, mostly down, IMO. That said, he's the staff's choice, so he'll most likely retain the LG spot. Curtis is a keeper and should be 100% back, hopefully at starting RT. Macky is Macky, hope for improvement, and I think he will be better and stronger this season.

P
Is Foy out of the equation for this season?
He's probably 3rd string this year. I can see one of the surplus OTs moving into a back-up OG role this season. Foy's got a good upside, but needs to work on S&C. He may sneak into the 2 deep this year, but most likely next season, when Chibane and Alexander move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom