On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd] | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd]

They pick small school spots every year when they don't have a high level matchup. Had we won or if Notre Dame was a top 15 team, we'd have had a much better chance. Objectively, #16 vs unranked opponent isn't all that compelling.
What makes Jackson State compelling? Deion? Most of the general football watching public doesn’t care about a small time matchup like this. At least with Notre Dame you have a name brand, and we’re ranked.

What makes Jackson State compelling? Deion? Most of the general football watching public doesn’t care about a small time matchup like this. At least with Notre Dame you have a name brand, and we’re ranked.
Yeah, Deion does make it compelling for some. But really, it's more just that ESPN tries to do a feel good story by throwing small schools a bone when there are no compelling big school matchups. Blame Notre Dame. If they were ranked, we'd have had a good shot.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for this gameday compared to others. I don't think the average fan is excited about it, though maybe Deion helps a little.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for this gameday compared to others. I don't think the average fan is excited about it, though maybe Deion helps a little.
I don't think the location impacts ratings all that much. I could be wrong but those that want to see pre-game stuff will tune in if they are in Tuscaloosa, Jackson or in Moscow.

ESPN is mocking Wildhack at this point.

It’s a PR stunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom