On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd]

I guess this never occurred to me while watching: do they ever have a nooner at the Gameday location? Seems counterproductive crowd/logistics-wise.

Being the same company, I assume that if we get Gameday it will be a 3:30 game just so the Quad will be loaded all the way until they go on the air.
correct, no way they are going to slot us at 12P if we get Gameday, why would ESPN hurt its own product?

POTUS is physically coming to Syracuse on Thursday.

But not for an announcement. And he will be long gone before game day.

Wasn't that the same story before Maryland.

Except this time we're playing a legit top team. We could play well and still not keep it close.
no, there was no way they would have come to SU if we had lost a squeaker to MD, big difference losing to Maryland and being 1-1 vs losing to Clemson and being 6-1. I am not exactly counting on this happening unless we pull the upset, but I don't think it's quite as black and white as 2019 was beforehand

The crowd should should boo him nonstop for his comments last week. I'm sure he'll double down this week also.

He is a showman and will do and say anything to get the crowd on his side.

Move Biden's appearance to Saturday so that he has political cover for attending the game. If he comes Thursday he's not staying 2 nights.

The lose a close one to Clemson has some merit, but will HEAVILY depend on the outcome of the other games that day as to wether or not we still will get it. I think all things being equal we get Gameday, but will be happier with a win. lol

Watch us get GameDay and this be a noon kickoff. I'll still be there with bells on, but it takes a little bit of the luster away seeing as how everyone would be inside when Corso puts on Otto's head.
not sure there is room in the dome to do this, but for noon games, they add in some time during the commercial break to get the gameday team into the stadium

When ESPN puts a school on alert, what is normally the likelihood that they come? Also, how many do they typically put in alert at one time?

If we’re the only school that’s been put on alert, that would sound great.

not sure there is room in the dome to do this, but for noon games, they add in some time during the commercial break to get the gameday team into the stadium

Yup, I've seen that at various locations. It just isn't the same without the entire crowd behind the guys losing their mind (one way or the other) depending on who they each pick.

Right, never said he would be here for Gameday. Just stating a fact.

And I was asking about an announcement which the poster said he knew there was.

You could easily build a set on a trailer, set it up on the sideline near the tunnel in front of the student section. They’d broadcast there from 11-noon and then you could quickly wheel it out the tunnel before kickoff. Imagine the excitement when the lights dim, turn orange, crowd roars, Cuse runs out of the tunnel with smoke machines going and then Corso throws on an Otto head to end the show.

And I was asking about an announcement which the poster said he knew there was.

It's a victory lap for the CHIPS ACT, so it's an announcement on a global scale if you want to get technical. It's happening at OCC as of right now...

After what happened to the last Gameday carrot I can only say:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom