On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd]

I will never tell anyone how to be a fan, but for me, I'm done expecting the worst.

This team has done something that hasn't been done in 35 years. I may never see this again in my lifetime. Damn straight I'm going to expect to roll into Death Valley, beat the living peter lugar's steak sauce out of them, and be the toast of the town.

Tomorrow is my birthday as well.

Why not us? I'm not preparing for bad news until it happens. Until then, I'm all in. I will run full speed into that wall.
PeterLuger.jpg

Not denying they put us on alert but very skeptical they would end up here aside from an upset win or close/hard fought loss at Clemson. I mean ND is ND but they would be 4-3 and coming off a win against UNLV. If they come after a loss I think much of it has to do with checking one of the last FBS campus' off their list. I think they go to Penn State (vs Ohio State).

I’ll be shocked if it happens but like most said keep it close and have ND win big it helps

should? lets not get crazy... we can win but not should
I’m sticking with should, I think if we play well we should win. This ain’t a Clemson squad that scares me.Playing good means winning the turnover and penalty battles and if that happens I think we win.

I’m sticking with should, I think if we play well we should win. This ain’t a Clemson squad that scares me.Playing good means winning the turnover and penalty battles and if that happens I think we win.
Exactly. And I guarantee our team is having this same mentality.

Where do we toss the goalposts??!!

We could try and carry them under the Onondaga lake bridge
I have been with a group that carried goalposts from a Syracuse game.

I am quite sure it was tie last time, maybe the only time, fans took the goalposts down at a home Syracuse game and took them away from the field.

They are way heavier, bigger, longer and harder to deal with then you might imagine. Almost impossible to cut too.

I understand why the Tennessee fans threw the posts into the river.

If there was a river close by, we would have probably done the same thing.

I am quite sure it was tie last time, maybe the only time, fans took the goalposts down at a home Syracuse game and took them away from the field.

They are way heavier, bigger, longer and harder to deal with then you might imagine. Almost impossible to cut too.

Technically, they took the whole field away.

Have to think it’s easier to do without the “whoosh” of the old bubble.

Have to think it’s easier to do without the “whoosh” of the old bubble.
The whoosh would've helped blow em out of the building. People could've just been along for the ride.

should? lets not get crazy... we can win but not should
Agree. Clemson isn't as good as their recent championship teams, but they are still really good and it's in Death Valley. I'm not quite to the "should win" point either.

My fraternity got a piece of the goalpost from the last game ever held at Archbold. The guy came back bloodied up and we buried it in the backyard.

Kiss of Death! The last time we were considered for this, we got blown out in the intervening game. :confused:

They may feel guilty about yanking it away three years ago. Or they may feel that way but it would never have any impact on what they do.

I'm guessing that if we beat Clemson we'll get it. If not, probably not.

The idea of POTUS showing up as the guest picker is mind-blowing but I doubt it. if so, it might be done remotely. I remember Bill Clinton wanted to go to the Super Bowl but was asked not to because the security requirements would have been draconian. I still think the GP would be JB.

Guest picker should be Eric Dungey, Zaire Franklin or Andre Cisco.

Guest pickers: all their on-air SU alums; rotate them through, each gets 1 pick.

Im not sure which Clemson team you're watching

I will never tell anyone how to be a fan, but for me, I'm done expecting the worst.

This team has done something that hasn't been done in 35 years. I may never see this again in my lifetime. Damn straight I'm going to expect to roll into Death Valley, beat the living peter lugar's steak sauce out of them, and be the toast of the town.

Tomorrow is my birthday as well.

Why not us? I'm not preparing for bad news until it happens. Until then, I'm all in. I will run full speed into that wall.

That’s so cool- tomorrow (today actually) is my birthday too!

And not for nothing, but…am I the only one who doesn’t give a rat’s patoot about Gameday?
If we keep winning they’ll be begging us to come on campus. So who gives a isht if they come or not- win and the rest will take care of itself.

I doubt it as that’s a massive undertaking for the SS with such little notice. There’s a lot that goes into that type of stuff.
The guy has made over 30 hard left turns at 75mph since taking office. He’s the most traveled President by far, at least since Clinton reigned, because that’s as far back as my source goes. What I’m saying is that this President has little regard for the SS measures required for his safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom