on howard | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

on howard

It’s the cumulative affect, IMO.
This is my biggest pet peeve with JB. He insists on riding his 6-7 players, who inevitably wear out, and he simply refuses to let kids grow into their roles.
After Geno left there’s really no excuse why HW hasn’t gotten more run to get him more prepared for where the team is now.This whole “he’s not ready” canard is both shortsighted and stupid, IMO. You don’t become “ready “ by riding the bench and only playing in desperate situations.
At this rate, these guys will be mincemeat by mid-February. We’ve seen this movie before, and we know the ending.

I agree with all of this. I cringed after JB pulled HW today after one bad pass. Just let the kid play through mistakes for the love of God.

I thought the ending of today's Florida-Missouri game was bad, this was worse.

But it was the kind of lazy pass he knows he just can't be making.

If you know in the back of your head you're getting pulled for one mistake or even taking a wide open shot, you're not going to be a fluid basketball player.

JB, in my opinion, has utterly failed with HW.

yeah it deserved a benching, but not a game-long benching - such are JB's ways
Oh, I know, but once the game got close three minutes into the second half that ship had sailed.

I just now listened to JB's PC. I thought his comment that the belief we are a good rebounding team is a "myth" is telling. And yet, it is very clear that JB puts the offense as the heart of the issue for this team.

I agree, the offense is the bigger issue. We should be able to score 52 points at home by accident. Especially when you hold the other team to 30% shooting.

Telling of what? I'm asking a legit question; what do you think his "myth" comment say?

Pray JB gets somewhat of a bench next year, still trying to get images of 25-0 yr end to season out of my my mind, among others. This team was spent entering acc. Next year depth and talent should be at least a little better! Hope JB gets one more chance to really grind a whole season out at a high level! He deserves it

As imaginative as JB is in defense, imo he has become equally unimaginative on offense. Maybe Bazely changes that?

I thought the ending of today's Florida-Missouri game was bad, this was worse.
Did you watch the whole Mizzou game? What did you think of the officiating?

I’ve never criticized Howard in a post in my life. Not once. And I’ve barely started a thread much less a blame thread. My post was reactionary and overstated so excuse me but I don’t care if your shoot 0 for a million, that happens, standing and watching while the game is on the line should never happen really at any level but for damn not sure at this level. So for those who take umbrage at some finding that intolerable give me a break.

Frank is legit the only person on this team who can do anything on offense besides ISO or spaz out if they don't have a wide open dunk.

I could care less if Frank laid down at midcourt and took a nap as Battle turned it over with 5 seconds left...at least he can perform more than one component of offensive basketball.

If there is anyone who doesn't deserve a blame thread after today, it's Frank.

Frank is legit the only person on this team who can do anything on offense besides ISO or spaz out if they don't have a wide open dunk.

I could care less if Frank laid down at midcourt and took a nap as Battle turned it over with 5 seconds left...at least he can perform more than one component of offensive basketball.

If there is anyone who doesn't deserve a blame thread after today, it's Frank.

Notre Dame fans are probably saying I don't care if Pflueger laid down and took a nap for 39 minutes and 50 seconds, because of how he hustled down court in case there was a put back.

Difference between winning fans and losing fans.

Telling of what? I'm asking a legit question; what do you think his "myth" comment say?

I think it means he is suggesting that he knew all along that ACC teams are going to get physical and body out our guys that have dental floss physiques. The "myth" part is that the great rebounding we saw to this point was more about who we were playing. We've been hammered now by WF and ND because they pushed us around.

The myth stuff is classic JB. Didn't he also say "Everybody talks about strength. Hakim Warrick weighed 160 pounds when he came in here as a freshman and he was pretty good. He never weighed more than 180 (pounds).” “I mean everybody talks about weight when they want to be negative. That has nothing to do with it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom