On The Block no more | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

On The Block no more

The problem with Syracuse sports talk is the segments are stale, the callers are the same every day. And the convos (Paulie/Steve Infanti) are just super one sided with no disagreements. Plus at least for me Brents takes were always all over the place, was like listening to nails on a chalk board.

Who gets fired at 5pm on a Sunday.
I wonder if it came in the form of a text or email. Dear Mr. Axe. Thank you for your services. We have decided to go in another direction. Thank you. The owners of Galaxy: Ed Levine and Jim Boeheim.

Seriously, I wonder if it was ratings related or if it was something else.

I wonder if it came in the form of a text or email. Dear Mr. Axe. Thank you for your services. We have decided to go in another direction. Thank you. The owners of Galaxy: Ed Levine and Jim Boeheim.

When was his contract up?

Interesting timing for sure.

As for people who get fired on Sunday, typically it’s bc you don’t want them there on Monday.

Interesting timing for sure.

As for people who get fired on Sunday, typically it’s bc you don’t want them there on Monday.
I think Sunday evening would be the best time to get fired. You got to enjoy your weekend already, and that Sunday night “I don’t want to go to work in the morning” dread that many feel gets lifted right away!

Genuinely can't believe, that with everything available for people to listen to now, they still CHOOSE to listen to sports talk radio.

Just preys on people's anger and breeds awful opinions and narratives that aren't based in reality.

Really not sure how it has survived so long.
As long as people watch sports, they will want to talk about sports.

Genuinely can't believe, that with everything available for people to listen to now, they still CHOOSE to listen to sports talk radio.

Just preys on people's anger and breeds awful opinions and narratives that aren't based in reality.

Really not sure how it has survived so long.
It’s a personal choice and sports are kind of a big thing. What do you listen to?

It’s a personal choice and sports are kind of a big thing. What do you listen to?
Music? Podcasts about history and current events?

I'll talk about sports with my friends but I couldn't care less about the opinions of Brent Axe or Stephen A Smith or any other random talking head.

I grew up listening to sports talk radio and my life got better when I stopped caring it.

I want to talk about them….I just don’t want to listen to other people talk about them.
Especially when the “experts” really don’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

I think that stinks he was fired like that regardless of who liked Axe or not. I really don’t see many podcasts that are all that great anymore either for Syracuse basketball and football unless I’m missing something.
It’s probably just numbers. They can fill his slot with a syndicated show for less.

Wasn't afraid to say what fans were thinking, both football and basketball. ESPN Syracuse must be afraid of negative opinions of SYR sports in the media. Very bad, needed someone like Axe to keep them honest. Bad decision.

Wasn't afraid to say what fans were thinking, both football and basketball. ESPN Syracuse must be afraid of negative opinions of SYR sports in the media. Very bad, needed someone like Axe to keep them honest. Bad decision.
I’m confused, he gave negative opinions of the university? I always thought he had the universities metaphoric tit in his mouth.

Music? Podcasts about history and current events?

I'll talk about sports with my friends but I couldn't care less about the opinions of Brent Axe or Stephen A Smith or any other random talking head.

I grew up listening to sports talk radio and my life got better when I stopped caring it.
When I want my fill of uninformed H0T Takes I just come here...no need to listen to sports talk radio