One-And-Done Rule Possibly Ending in 2021 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One-And-Done Rule Possibly Ending in 2021

It doesn't need to be as strong a brand to develop players effectively.

Plus, people criticize Coach Cal and say that maybe he isn't that great developing talent, he just gets guys destined for the NBA. Would the GLeague do worse with those same guys?
I agree with everything you said. I think that even if the G-League is getting better players than the NCAA and developing them, the NCAA brand can still survive and thrive even if there are more talented players in the G-League.

That's radical and I like it. The idea of like a 30 year old playing college hoops is kind of awesome.
Back in the Ewing era (I think) at Georgetown, they had an army vet playing for them. I think he was like 25. How was this possible? The current eligibility rules give kids 5 years after hs graduation to play college ball. Have they changed? As for playing after being G league, isn't that unfair in some ways? And can you imagine coaches scrambling to pick up kids with pro experience.

Back in the Ewing era (I think) at Georgetown, they had an army vet playing for them. I think he was like 25. How was this possible? The current eligibility rules give kids 5 years after hs graduation to play college ball. Have they changed? As for playing after being G league, isn't that unfair in some ways? And can you imagine coaches scrambling to pick up kids with pro experience.
Are you thinking of Ed Spriggs, the "mailman"?

There was (at least) an exception for military service. They stopped the clock when you entered the service and restarted it once you left. IDK if the exception still exists.

Chris Weinke played football at FSU at like 28 after he stunk at baseball. So did Brandon Weeden. I don’t see why you couldn’t in basketball.
Chris Weinke played football at FSU at like 28 after he stunk at baseball. So did Brandon Weeden. I don’t see why you couldn’t in basketball.

Weinke did make it to AAA, so stunk at baseball might be a tad harsh

Is it five years after HS or 5 yrs after the clock starts which is when you enter college?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom