One thing's for certain | Syracusefan.com

One thing's for certain

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
The past 12 months have probably been the least fun recruiting cycle for SU that I can remember. Let's hope we pull some rabbits these next few days.

Disagree. Just because it is taking longer doesn't make it less fun than others. Last year we pulled in a very good class. The year before that was also very good. This year will also be very good when it is all complete. Just because it isn't following your specific wishes on when players commit doesn't make it un-fun.

Disagree. Just because it is taking longer doesn't make it less fun than others. Last year we pulled in a very good class. The year before that was also very good. This year will also be very good when it is all complete. Just because it isn't following your specific wishes on when players commit doesn't make it un-fun.

Reminder - the last 12 months included Thomas Bryant, Diange being declared ineligible, the awful waits on Thompson and White and the lack of any early signees up until the verge of the early signing period.

Reminder - the last 12 months included Thomas Bryant, Diange being declared ineligible, the awful waits on Thompson and White and the lack of any early signees up until the verge of the early signing period.

Bryant and Diange happened a lot longer than 12 months ago. I guess you could expand to 18, but then you would have to include signing Battle.

Lot's of MMQB'ing of recruiting lately(myself included), but that staff has done a pretty good job securing their main targets even if it takes longer than fans like.

Bryant and Diange happened a lot longer than 12 months ago. I guess you could expand to 18, but then you would have to include signing Battle.

Lot's of MMQB'ing of recruiting lately(myself included), but that staff has done a pretty good job securing their main targets even if it takes longer than fans like.

They have done a great job filling the spots we had, at the 11th hour.

That said, we could have been in a nasty scary situation. Relying on 5th year seniors isn't something we should do year in and year out. Personally I think we got 2 pretty good ones, but a lot of these 5th year guys are not as good of players as we got. TT signed at the last second and Battle was commited somewhere else. This could have been a disastrous year, luckily it went the other way and we're a NC contender.

We have A LOT of spots to fill after this season, while I trust our staff it is very easy to panic, especially when we don't know what GMac brings to the table when it comes to recruiting. We will probably end up OK, but I do think it's fair to have concern.

The past 12 months have probably been the least fun recruiting cycle for SU that I can remember. Let's hope we pull some rabbits these next few days.

i disagree, the anticipation and build up is what makes it all so magical, theres bombs about to be dropped

i disagree, the anticipation and build up is what makes it all so magical, theres bombs about to be dropped

Only one of whom was really a first choice. So, I'm kind of unimpressed right now. We need 7 guys and right now, we still have none and the early signing period starts in a couple days. That's not good. I don't care how you spin it.

after watching the team play last night I looks like they have done an excellent job filling holes in the roster and I'll take those results any year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom