one thought...we have to play in north carolina for the ACC championship | Syracusefan.com

one thought...we have to play in north carolina for the ACC championship

jcuse44

2nd String
I want to vomit at that thought for basketball. Think about no more big east championship in New York City. Say goodbye to all the SU fans coming to the Garden.

Big deal, the ACC moves their tournament around. You can also go to DC and Atlanta.

The ACC tourney will be a meaningless event.

If they move it around they should do MSG every other year because it will be available once the BE folds.

The ACC tournament this year is in Atlanta...it starts to get pretty damn nice in Atlanta during March. As much as I liked going to MSG, I won't miss freezing my arse off. I also think with SU & Pitt that the possiblity of an ACC tourny at MSG will exist now. Grrensboro sucks, but the ACC tourny has started to move around lately-Tampa, DC, Atlanta...I don't know about you but those places are much nicer than NYC in March.

they will absolutely move it north when possible...

have you ever heard of what we @ UNC have called "the underground railroad" since the 50s?

we like to recruit everywhere...

The ACC tournament this year is in Atlanta...it starts to get pretty damn nice in Atlanta during March. As much as I liked going to MSG, I won't miss freezing my arse off. I also think with SU & Pitt that the possiblity of an ACC tourny at MSG will exist now. Grrensboro sucks, but the ACC tourny has started to move around lately-Tampa, DC, Atlanta...I don't know about you but those places are much nicer than NYC in March.

Atlanta's not nicer than New York in March, August, or at any other time of the year.

(Neither, for that matter, is any other ACC city.)

they will absolutely move it north when possible...

have you ever heard of what we @ UNC have called "the underground railroad" since the 50s?

we like to recruit everywhere...

No, they will never move it north.

Get ready for playing in the 7 a.m. game on a regular basis. If there isn't a 7 a.m. game now, there will be for us moving forward.

No, they will never move it north.

Get ready for playing in the 7 a.m. game on a regular basis. If there isn't a 7 a.m. game now, there will be for us moving forward.

You don't know that.

My guess is that we will quickly get used to it. The way things are moving, I'm guessing the BE tourney will cease to exist as is, whether we remain or not.

I want to vomit at that thought for basketball. Think about no more big east championship in New York City. Say goodbye to all the SU fans coming to the Garden.

Would it be better to stay in the BE and eventually be the MAC?

We're going to be a top 3 hoops program there (assuming we go)...don't get the bellyaching.

Will miss the new Garden, but honestly that whole area is real seedy. And we can get bounced in a first round game anyway, so what's the difference.

My guess is that we will quickly get used to it. The way things are moving, I'm guessing the BE tourney will cease to exist as is, whether we remain or not.
there goes the neighborhood. unless this is some impostor

No matter what, SU fans will travel for the Orange, & wherever it is, any team facing Syracuse will have a homecourt DISADVANTAGE !!!

I would think in a newly expanded ACC which now includes the Northeastern Market, you MUST have it in New York AND DC to allow more of these fans to attend the games. It would absolutely help attendance.

You don't know that.

What leverage does SU have to move it north? No way SU/BC/Pitt are going to overrule the Tobacco Road boys on this one, never mind logistics probably makes a stronger case for playing in DC or somewhere South. Maybe the picture gets clearer at 5x16.

I just thought he'd been posting under the handle calicuse all this time. Guess I was wrong.

As for the conference tournaments, they are all meaningless in big conferences. Sure, they're fun, who wouldn't want some of those memories (6 OTs, etc.). But generally meaningless, no matter how famous the arena is that they are played in.

Maybe this will get the ACC to move theirs out of Greensboro, which was thrice in a row voted world's most boring city.

What leverage does SU have to move it north? No way SU/BC/Pitt are going to overrule the Tobacco Road boys on this one, never mind logistics probably makes a stronger case for playing in DC or somewhere South. Maybe the picture gets clearer at 5x16.

The ACC already rotates it around.

While the thought of having an imposter is flattering, it's me.

After 3 years, my sightseeing tour through the Valley of the Shadow of Death is finally coming to an end. Figured this was a good time to dust off the keyboard.

I'll be living in Charlotte, NC in a few years (already in Knoxville, TN) so selfishly I wouldn't mind it coming a bit south. DC is perfect. Just far enough south to make it an easy drive and still draw from NYC and and SC alumni base.

Atlanta's not nicer than New York in March, August, or at any other time of the year.

Atlanta has much nicer weather than NYC ... anytime of year ... honestly though I don't want to go to the ACC ... I would rather stay in the Big East ... I get the move ... I would rather see the Big East get stronger but the Providence boys won't allow for it. I get the move ... but damn I don't want to be in the ACC I know its just business.

I get it...You are one of those miserable NYers-been there, done that for the first 40 years of my life. Well, when I'm watching SU win the ACC tourny in Atlanta in a few years. I'll celebrate by playing a round of golf while your digging out of a snow bank in 25 degrees or whatever cave you live in these days. Good luck with that. ACC or bust!

I get it...You are one of those miserable NYers-been there, done that for the first 40 years of my life. Well, when I'm watching SU win the ACC tourny in Atlanta in a few years. I'll celebrate by playing a round of golf while your digging out of a snow bank in 25 degrees or whatever cave you live in these days. Good luck with that. ACC or bust!

I live in Atlanta ... but thanks try again ...

Thank you. NOTHING LIKE NYC and THE GAHDEN!!! Really the only travesty in this whole deal. Eh, we'll get used to it.

Can't wait to be the villains of the ACC.

Dude, What does weather and golf have to do with enjoying the BET? You don't go to NYC for the weather. Nothing baffles me more than those who associate good tourny sites with weather. You wanna play golf? Go to Arizona. You sound like your over 60 or you've never been to the BET in the Gahden. Who cares what the temp is?

FYI I've lived in both cities. Atlanta is never NYC or even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom