Only 1 team has more talent than us | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Only 1 team has more talent than us

I was hoping UMass would beat Kentucky, because I thought we matched up better and could definitely win the title if that happened.

UMass absolutely destroyed us in the Rainbow Classic in Honolulu earlier that season.

UMass absolutely destroyed us in the Rainbow Classic in Honolulu earlier that season.
I know they did. That was part of the reason I wanted to play them again. I didn't think they could do that to us again. Not to mention Calipari in big games is a matchup I like.

Oh wait...nevermind...according to the NCAA, that final four for UMass never happened because Calipari always violates recruiting rules. Sorry...nothing to see here

Neither did we. Whats the point?
the point is that people act like because UConn was 9-9 in the big east regular season they were .500 team and that is just not the case

Ill take Strickland and Marshall over Triche and Scoop. The problem is they are entrenched. I dont mind one of them on the court at a time, but both is not optimal. Hopefully as the season goes on, we see more of Waiters and MCW and a little less of these two.

Agree with this as well. Maybe if Waiters keeps improving and gets starter's minutes if Triche is regressing. Strickland is getting better and is VERY quick. Marshall is very good, steady, and an excellent passer.

before Drummond, SU slightly > uconn... now with Drummond, uconn slightly > SU.
Besides Lamb and Drummond, though, nothing else uconn has concerns me.

"..young, new uneducated.."? Again funny stuff......forgotten more than you obviously know orange13......anyway I guess dashy is right. What the hell am I doing here? Our fill-ins with only 4 players won a national championship so who the hell do we have back?

Done, I feel bad for the educated on this board having to deal with 13 and dashy and support their ineptness. But hey we all have them!

Best of luck seriously that's a nice team!

You fills in didn't help win a national championship they just sat there while kemba oriaki napier and Lamb did all the work. Furthermore you had a easy road. You dodged Duke, got the easiest two seed and got a Arizona team that was strong inside but didn't have the guard play to stop Kemba. Then you got a young unexperienced Kentucky team instead of OSU who would have throttled you guys, and beat a butler team in the worst national title game ever. Had you got a semi-tough matchup you guys could have lost in the round of 32. Fortuanetly you got a Cincy team that once again didn't have great guardplay. Not one team you played had good guardplay all tournament. And don't argue Kentucky because they were so young and inexperienced with a all freshmen backcourt.

Oh and lame response man you make no valid points.

And for the record Melo had two great games where he put up 10 plus points and grabbed about 7-8 boards with a few blocks in limited minutes.
JB decided to practice running plays for other people not named Fab who have proven themself against Fordham because we have so much depth Fab didn't have to prove himself the other guys did. What you don't know about Fab is he is a heck of a jumpshooter also. You must have missed the first two games.

Plus they were playing zone the whole first half and we have so many good shooters as in KJ, JS, BT, TC, SJ, DW, MCW, and Mookie who won't play that we were trying to find out who our best zone shooters are (7 shooters not named mookie). And in the second half they didn't collapse on Dion so he could throw the low post oop to Melo becuase they knew Melo would score everytime.

Oh but your depth is so great. Espn right now is writing articles on Fab being the most improved player in the country Deal with it.

UConn at #4 is a joke. Last year's "Champions" were a 9-9 Big East squad that got lucky and hit an 11 game winning streak when they stopped calling traveling on Kemba Walker in the Big East tournament. Take away their best player, and what do you have ? A mediocre team, with a couple guards who could have played for UMass 20 years ago.

You fills in didn't help win a national championship they just sat there while kemba oriaki napier and Lamb did all the work. Furthermore you had a easy road. You dodged Duke, got the easiest two seed and got a Arizona team that was strong inside but didn't have the guard play to stop Kemba. Then you got a young unexperienced Kentucky team instead of OSU who would have throttled you guys, and beat a butler team in the worst national title game ever. Had you got a semi-tough matchup you guys could have lost in the round of 32. Fortuanetly you got a Cincy team that once again didn't have great guardplay. Not one team you played had good guardplay all tournament. And don't argue Kentucky because they were so young and inexperienced with a all freshmen backcourt.

All you two do is make excuses. UConn got lucky? They went 14-0 in tournmanet play, undefeated out of conference, beat three of the top four teams in the BET (including Cuse) and won 5 games in 5 days to win the BET. UConn then beat a very talented SDSU team and Arizona team that absolutely destroyed Duke, then moved on to the Final Four and beat two teams who each knocked out #1 seeds. Oh and they WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Yes, all because of how luck they are. Wow you both have a great knowledge of basketball. You keep b*itching and moaning while UConn hangs banners. Pathetic!

Yes they had a nice run. They overcame. They won and were the best team. If you win you are. No excuses my argument isn't with you.

Its with Mauconnfan who is posting husky(r@p allover our board, stating uconn has the depth syracuse has this year when we are (3-5 players deeper), and vastly underating Melo(most improved player of the year). He's making us less intelligent and needs to take his droppings with him.

UCONN deals in "did"...we deal in "could do" or "could have done's"

Maybe we can prove otherwise this post-season...

We dealed in did 4 times under JB already. And had some players not got hurt(AO) sick(sherman), a turnover by Moten, and miracle couldn't miss barrage by Mstate it would have been a few more. You can be upset we have had a rough ride, but Syracuse isn't stupid.

and that '96 kentucky team was probably the most talented team of the 90's (and by default the 00's)...

and that '96 kentucky team was probably the most talented team of the 90's (and by default the 00's)...

No doubt - I think you should make an argument that the 1996 Kentucky team was the greatest team in the history of college basketball. At worst, I think they're top 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom