Onto 2013 | Syracusefan.com

Onto 2013

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Needs?
Targets?

Needs - WR / LB / OL / QB / DB / DL / HB / TE

Targets - Laray Smith, Tyler Provo, Milan Collins ... ???

Laray Smith and Alex Officer are must gets. Lock down New York!

620.jpg

Wayne Williams, Laray Smith, Alex Officer, and Chris Liviano. I agree, lock down NY.

Laray Smith and Alex Officer are must gets. Lock down New York!

620.jpg
NYS football appears very lean next year. This year there were 24 Division 1 signings from NYS today. Next year only about 16-17 expected. So get the top 5 and then look elsewhere.

Agree NY seems to be weaker this year with no huge prospect like Jones or I.Williams. Although Officer, Smith, Williams and Liviano would be excellent gets. If we lock them all up, that would be outstanding. We always offer some under the radar NY guys like Barnwell and Palmer who have potential.

The biggest question to me is who do we recruit harder Collins or Liviano? It would be great to get both but I assume they will be big enough where it is one or the other. My feel is that we like Collins more considering we offered. We must really like the mobile QB which is fine with me.

Anyone else have any insight into Mich or GA guys that could be targets?

NYS football appears very lean next year. This year there were 24 Division 1 signings from NYS today. Next year only about 16-17 expected. So get the top 5 and then look elsewhere.

I agree that it's not as deep next year. I still want the top players in the state, though.

Laray Smith, Alexander Officer, Wayne Williams, Christopher Laviano, and Cullen Casey would all be nice to get from NY.

Agree NY seems to be weaker this year with no huge prospect like Jones or I.Williams. Although Officer, Smith, Williams and Liviano would be excellent gets. If we lock them all up, that would be outstanding. We always offer some under the radar NY guys like Barnwell and Palmer who have potential.

The biggest question to me is who do we recruit harder Collins or Liviano? It would be great to get both but I assume they will be big enough where it is one or the other. My feel is that we like Collins more considering we offered. We must really like the mobile QB which is fine with me.

Anyone else have any insight into Mich or GA guys that could be targets?

We've offered Laviano.

I like them both, but going by the QB's Marrone has recruited since arriving here, Collins seems to fit better.

I guess we hope for both. I have never heard of Collins before you mentioned him. Just looked at his highlight film. I could see us offering, I think he projects long term as a Guard or Center.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but until we have a rock solid, above average QB, that should be a priority most years. Whiffed on Loeb, Miller, maybe Kinder...who knows about Hunt now. Seems we've gone from depth to betting the house on Ashton pretty quickly.

Keep looking.

I guess we hope for both. I have never heard of Collins before you mentioned him. Just looked at his highlight film. I could see us offering, I think he projects long term as a Guard or Center.
OrangeCrush is talking about Milan Collins, who is a QB.

I agree that it's not as deep next year. I still want the top players in the state, though.

Laray Smith, Alexander Officer, Wayne Williams, Christopher Laviano, and Cullen Casey would all be nice to get from NY.
Augustus Edwards already has D1 offers. Devan Carter is, I think, a huge talent (literally). If he qualifies, he is going to get a lot of offers.

I think it is likely Brandon Weir will play D1 football. Same applies to Armani Garrick. Both are good students and fine athletes. Scepaniak already has offers from Cornell and UB. Plonski is likely going to play D1.

There are a bunch of others who have the ability to play D1 as well. Hopefully these kids work hard in the classroom and all qualify.

This is my NY top ten (with Sutomcats help):
1. LaRay Smith
2. Wayne Williams
3. Alex Officer
4. Chris Laviano
5. Kahil Lewin
6. Augustus Edwards
7. Devan Carter
8. Caleb Skepaniak
9.Thomas Plonski
10.Cullen Casey

Scepaniak...really think that would be a wasted scholly based on how DM has recruited the QB position. Plus, I think he is an overrated talent imho.

Scepaniak...really think that would be a wasted scholly based on how DM has recruited the QB position. Plus, I think he is an overrated talent imho.

Agreed. I think people see a name on an internet list and run with it. They've never seen the kid in question play, they just read hype and measurements and get all fired up. I've seen it happen firsthand where an active parent gets a kid listed and a couple of stars without taking actual skill, ability, interest, etc into play.

If Scepaniak or however its spelled is top 50 in NY, then NY is in VERY sad shape.

Agreed. I think people see a name on an internet list and run with it. They've never seen the kid in question play, they just read hype and measurements and get all fired up. I've seen it happen firsthand where an active parent gets a kid listed and a couple of stars without taking actual skill, ability, interest, etc into play.

If Scepaniak or however its spelled is top 50 in NY, then NY is in VERY sad shape.
If the staff really liked Caleb, he would have been offered by now. He does have an offer already from UB though, and that alone is going to get him on a lot of NYS top 20 lists.

This is my NY top ten (with Sutomcats help):
1. LaRay Smith
2. Wayne Williams
3. Alex Officer
4. Chris Laviano
5. Kahil Lewin
6. Augustus Edwards
7. Devan Carter
8. Caleb Skepaniak
9.Thomas Plonski
10.Chris Cullens

Potential health issues aside, Rouse should be included.

Looking at all the Staten Island and Rochester "studs" on our 2013 recruiting database, I'm sure it bears no relation to our final list.

Potential health issues aside, Rouse should be included.

That kid has a lot of yards in his career so far, is it his injuries, size or speed that are the problem?

He does have an offer already from UB though, and that alone is going to get him on a lot of NYS top 20 lists.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you are being sarcastic right? Didn't realize UB had such a strong influence on NYS Top 20 players.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you are being sarcastic right? Didn't realize UB had such a strong influence on NYS Top 20 players.
There are not always 20 true D1 players in NYS every year, having a D1 offer will put you in the top 20. I can agree with that. Don't think there's a chance he ends up at SU, though.

There are not always 20 true D1 players in NYS every year, having a D1 offer will put you in the top 20. I can agree with that. Don't think there's a chance he ends up at SU, though.
Agreed. Haven't had a chance to look at film of everyone but my guess is that when I do my top 30, Caleb will end up about 20th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom