Onuaku out tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Onuaku out tomorrow?

Dcuse

All Conference
according to Cardinal play by play guy,it's possible. From Bud and Manchild today.

I'm usually all for " I want everyone healthy when we play them" group -- but if they are without Mahmoud and Onuaku, that's massive. 10 ACC wins would make us pretty close to a lock for the Big Dance. We have our quality wins, I just want to get in the tourney.

we would have the depth advantage in the middle

200.gif

I'm usually all for " I want everyone healthy when we play them" group -- but if they are without Mahmoud and Onuaku, that's massive. 10 ACC wins would make us pretty close to a lock for the Big Dance. We have our quality wins, I just want to get in the tourney.
Okay, but follow me here. If we play a team that has lost a couple players to injury, and we beat them, does it still look good? I'm just saying . . . Oooh, or the opposite could also apply. They are down a couple players, beat us anyway, and we look like schmucks!

No, no, I don't like this scenario at all.

Okay, but follow me here. If we play a team that has lost a couple players to injury, and we beat them, does it still look good? I'm just saying . . . Oooh, or the opposite could also apply. They are down a couple players, beat us anyway, and we look like schmucks!

You can only play who they put in front of you.

most of our recent good wins had a player down for the other team

ish happens

Not apples to apples, but SU is severely shorthanded because of the Diagne clearinghouse fiasco and the NCAA sanctions.

Haven't seen too many opponent fanbases feeling sorry for Cuse.

Nor has anyone mentioned that their wins over SU were "watered down" because the Orange had limited scholarships, Boeheim was suspended or Diagne had to go JUCO because the NCAA sucks.

You play who you play and the results count... For better or worse.

most of our recent good wins had a player down for the other team

ish happens

Not sure "most" is accurate. ND, yes their PG was out. But other than that? Duke has won games without Jefferson - including Louisville and Virginia at the same place we beat them. Florida State had their full compliment of players.

Weird, nothing mentioned on Louisville's board about Onuaku. I do know that channel 9 has been incorrectly reporting that Louisville's starting center is out and then identifies him as Mahmoud which is wrong. Onuaku's their starting center.

nobody cares. the selection committee doesn't follow the game that closely

We didn't have our HOF coach for 9 games. It seems like those losses are being taken into account.

OrangeDW said:
Hopefully this is true. I don't care if we play against their walkons. I just want the W.

Same. Ill never understand the fans who want the other team at full strength. They dont put asterics next to wins against teams that have injuries. They count exactly the same. You think butler was upset that AO was injured in 2010? Or ohio st annoyed that fab melo was suspended in 2012? "Yea we're in the final 4 but fab melo didnt play so its not the same accomplishment" lol. If keith smart had food poisoning in 87 and missed the championship game and we won id take that over what really happened!

Let's stop making excuses based on Diagne. The NCAA was not responsible for his not coming here. He did not meat SU's requirements for admission. End of story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom