Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left

My timeline is accurate. There was never a statement from SU saying that JB would remain as coach pas the retirement date that was set.

Coyle leaves, Wildhack is hired, JB says he‘s not retiring, Mike leaves. Done

Coyle leaves.
Wildhack is hired.
Hop takes Washington job.
Wildhack tells JB he can stay as long as he wants.
JB stays.

I have often wondered if Jim did not expect Buddy to become P5 caliber and suddenly the confluence of Hop’s change of attitude early in the 2017 season and Buddy’s perceived rise in the rankings played a part in Jim deciding “Ya know what...my kid is good enough and dammit I’m going to coach him after all.”
Good enough...

349 in his class according to 247

Thats not Syracuse caliber unless hes the coaches son apparently

Where does the original poster get that record from?

Not even close to accurate

Where does the original poster get that record from?

Not even close to accurate
It's not the overall record. He explained it in the body of the post, but it was hidden as bulleted points

• First took all conference regular season games records.
  • Then took all postseason matchups
  • Then took all non-conference power five match
  • 73-87 in all games that really matter

A top 350 recruit leads Syracuse in minutes and shot attempts per game. And he’s the coach’s kid.

It would be hilarious if I was a fan of another team.
Steve Alford experienced the same issues with his son at UCLA
Now he of course didnt have the legacy there but it contributed to his demise, the problem for JB is the mediocrity started before Buddy and its lingering like a storm cloud

Honestly Park isn’t worth it. He is a company man thru and thru.
He is lucky he kept his job after what he did years ago in Clemson.
WHat was that?

Coyle leaves.
Wildhack is hired.
Hop takes Washington job.
Wildhack tells JB he can stay as long as he wants.
JB stays.

I don’t want Hop or any of the current assistants. I want to see a coach who plays aggressive and tough on both ends of the court. SU is soft and lazy and lacks intensity and discipline on the court. I’ve watched a lot of games today and our lack of toughness is severely lacking compared to other ACC teams. Other teams athleticism and strength is off the charts compared to SU. JB has had a great career and built this program, but the past seven years it has regressed to a point SU is no longer respected or relevant.
Exactly. I watched multiple games through the toughness and effort lens and SU is clearly deficient in those qualities.

JB in the ACC. no league titles. no tourney titles. average finish of 7th and just 3 wins in ACCT. not so stellar. so yes Big East HOF coach. thank you jim. ACC HOF coach ? no. fair to middling my friend.

Last edited:
OMG...Really?

By not stating that the Coyle plan was still his position, and that JB would be retiring as planned, Wildhack absolutely threw Mike under the bus. He put Mike in the position of being the one who forced his mentor into retirement. Maybe that‘s why he was hired? Who knows.
lol

Alternate-reality much?

JB is a hall of famer based solely on his big east coaching records. his ACC record alone wouldn't get him a cup of coffee let alone HOF consideration.
giphy.gif

JB in the ACC. no league titles. no tourney titles. average finish of 7th and just 3 wins in ACCT. not so stellar. so yes Big East HOF coach. thank you jim. ACC HOF coach ? no. fair to middling my friend.

While we’re at it, no way Carmelo Anthony makes the Hall of Fame based on his10 games with the Houston Rockets.

carmelo was released. management understood he's past his prime. 8 years of ACC mediocrity and yet we hold on hoping.

carmelo was released. management understand he's past his prime. 8 years of ACC mediocrity and we hold on.

I won't argue that it's time for JB to move on. But to say that JB is a HOF based on solely his BE years, which is over 30 years of his career. Well duh! That kind of point is what we've come to expect from you and is what makes you "special"

Did the sanctions, wildhack, hop & ennis leaving force SU to make the center cover the corner 3?

lol

Alternate-reality much?

It’s actual reality. The timeline says it all. JB states he still wants to coach the Hopkins leaves. In between is about a year where JW says nothing about it. Show me dates that dispute this.

It’s actual reality. The timeline says it all. JB states he still wants to coach the Hopkins leaves. In between is about a year where JW says nothing about it. Show me dates that dispute this.
Ah, so you don't know. You're assuming based on "the timeline". Thought so.

What you are saying is not true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom