Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left

You're the one who claimed that Wildhack ripped up Coyle's agreement in 2015. Claims that you can't back up.

If you want to be pissed with Wildhack because he didn't hold JB to the Coyle agreement in 2017, I have no issue with that.

But this nonsense that Wildhack and JB conspired in a plot to force Hop out is just fantasy.

He absolutely did rip up the agreement. He did the moment JB stated he still wanted to coach and he didn’t state that the plan was still in place. He ripped it up symbolically if not literally.

And you said conspiracy. I didn’t.

And damn straight I’m mad. Our program Is a mess and it can be traced right back to this decision.

Didn't help matters either that JB and Hop lost a whole summer of recruiting when they were tied up with Team USA. Especially since we could only have two coaches on the road back then.

I know it's a tough call to turn down Coach K and the Olympics, but maybe Hop should have stayed behind.

Definitely hard to turn down going to the Olympics even if it's your third time, just wish JB decided to take care of things in house back then.

Definitely hard to turn down going to the Olympics even if it's your third time, just wish JB decided to take care of things in house back then.

Was it Hop's third time as an assistant? I thought this was his 1st time being invited to Team USA.

I know it was JB's third go around with K.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but, does coaching Buddy enter in to any part of this discussion? Truly don't know

Was it Hop's third time as an assistant? I thought this was his 1st time being invited to Team USA.

I know it was JB's third go around with K.

Hop was at the London games since that's where his Kobe story originated. Don't think he was at the Beijing games since I can't find confirmation online or by memory lol.

Last edited:
Haven't seen it mentioned, but, does coaching Buddy enter in to any part of this discussion? Truly don't know

Buddy didn't commit here until 6 months after Hop left.

Would Buddy have still picked Syracuse to play for Hop or another coach? Unknown.

I have often wondered if Jim did not expect Buddy to become P5 caliber and suddenly the confluence of Hop’s change of attitude early in the 2017 season and Buddy’s perceived rise in the rankings played a part in Jim deciding “Ya know what...my kid is good enough and dammit I’m going to coach him after all.”

I have often wondered if Jim did not expect Buddy to become P5 caliber and suddenly the confluence of Hop’s change of attitude early in the 2017 season and Buddy’s perceived rise in the rankings played a part in Jim deciding “Ya know what...my kid is good enough and dammit I’m going to coach him after all.”

Someone refresh my memory, have I ever shared the JB, Buddy and D wade story ?

JB is a hall of famer based solely on his big east coaching records. his ACC record alone wouldn't get him a cup of coffee let alone HOF consideration.

I think it definitely played a part

Your narrative is complete BS.

Glad to see everyone else is calling you out on your kooky takes. Deservedly so.

My timeline is accurate. There was never a statement from SU saying that JB would remain as coach pas the retirement date that was set.

Coyle leaves, Wildhack is hired, JB says he‘s not retiring, Mike leaves. Done

My timeline is accurate. There was never a statement from SU saying that JB would remain as coach pas the retirement date that was set.

Coyle leaves, Wildhack is hired, JB says he‘s not retiring, Mike leaves. Done
And the sanctions didn't matter. Got it.

Thanks for letting us know the lunatic perspective on things.

After the 2011 Big East tournament quarterfinal win against St. John’s JB in his postgame JB said he could see the end of his career.
He said it in the media.

I think stuff has happened subsequently that has made JB want to continue coaching. Currently I think his son is a big factor.

After the 2011 Big East tournament quarterfinal win against St. John’s JB in his postgame JB said he could see the end of his career.
He said it in the media.

I think stuff has happened subsequently that has made JB want to continue coaching. Currently I think his son is a big factor.

Yep I remember that. I think he would have retired after the 2013 Final Four run (and last season in the Big East) if the NCAA wasn’t investigating.

You left out the part about how the NCAA slammed us, and JB’s planned retirement was part of Syracuse’s mea culpa -

But we got hammered anyway.

So, after JB got to see what not coaching felt like after the 9 game suspension -
Spoiler - he HATED IT

he decided he wouldn’t retire after all, Wildhack agreed, and Hop left for UW because he didn’t want to be the guy to force his mentor out the door.

As much as we’re all disappointed with this season, and the past few years in general, JB still hasn’t EVER had a losing season.

I’m not sure how anybody would expect JW to can JB for not winning as much as we’d like.
Because I believe we are 3rd in revenue and 9th in expenses...and we are not getting a return on that investment aka these results are below the standard

The bottom line is JB should have been fired after the second set of sanctions. He shouldn’t have been allowed to continue. Name another coach who has been put on probation twice at the same school and survived?
Coach Pete Bell in Blue Chips knew to resign after 1 set of sanctions

And the sanctions didn't matter. Got it.

Thanks for letting us know the lunatic perspective on things.

I tell the side of the story that doesn’t include JB getting to keep his job for life. And my timeline is absolutely correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom