Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left

Show me where Wildhack said that. Link the article or the press conference.
I also blame the chancellor. He didn’t follow through with his plan. Everybody knew that Wildhack was a huge JB fan. It shouldn’t have been Wildhack‘s call. The people in charge blinked and didn’t have the balls to hold JB accountable for his actions. There’s a lot of blame to pass around.

Selfish. And his new boss let it happen.
I wouldn’t call it selfish.
JB was owed some consideration.
Hop was just being put into a tough situation.
He was HCIW for when JB wanted to go out.
Coyle put the JB retirement out to try and help us with the NCAA.
The NCAA screwed us anyway so I don’t blame JB for wanting to continue. It just put Hop in a situation he couldn’t control recruiting the year before he was supposed to take so it was setting him up to fail off the bat and the fanbase gave Hop heat for 4-5 interim record.

JB can still win now the problem is our assistants don’t get listened too according to a knowledgeable poster here.
Plus we don’t recruit the level we used too.
Also the roster is poorly constructed.

I highly suggest reading Matt Park’s tweets right now. It’s hilarious

What color is the sky in your world?

Comical.

But 100% false. It's a BS narrative with no basis in fact.

Blue.

The timeline doesn’t lie. Show me where ADJW says the retirement plan will stand? Frankly, it doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is the aftermath.

Hop wanted to start recruiting "Hop" type recruits into the program in 2016 to make the transition less severe.

JB insisted that as long as he was still the HC, we could only take "JB" type recruits until the Class of 2018, which would have been Hop's 1st freshman class as HC.

It could have been handled better.
I agree. That is why the decision to announce a retirement date was stupid.
It screwed Hop as the deal for his HCIW was for when JB was ready to retire.

I wouldn’t call it selfish.
JB was owed some consideration.
Hop was just being put into a tough situation.
He was HCIW for when JB wanted to go out.
Coyle put the JB retirement out to try and help us with the NCAA.
The NCAA screwed us anyway so I don’t blame JB for wanting to continue. It just put Hop in a situation he couldn’t control recruiting the year before he was supposed to take so it was setting him up to fail off the bat and the fanbase gave Hop heat for 4-5 interim record.

JB can still win now the problem is our assistants don’t get listened too according to a knowledgeable poster here.
Plus we don’t recruit the level we used too.
Also the roster is poorly constructed.

Being owned some consideration doesn’t mean screwing over the HCIW. We can‘t ask Mike what it felt like when Wildhack didn’t support him.

The bottom line is JB should have been fired after the second set of sanctions. He shouldn’t have been allowed to continue. Name another coach who has been put on probation twice at the same school and survived?

The bottom line is JB should have been fired after the second set of sanctions. He shouldn’t have been allowed to continue. Name another coach who has been put on probation twice at the same school and survived?

In fairness to JB they were 20 years apart, really no other coach fits that timeline. And it was generally mushy stuff.

Otherwise, lots of sensitive stuff in this thread...

Being owned some consideration doesn’t mean screwing over the HCIW. We can‘t ask Mike what it felt like when Wildhack didn’t support him.
Coyle has no business telling JB when to retire in 2015.
That was before the period we are in now.
Coyle was trying to get the NCAA to give us less penalties.
He offered JB as a sacrifice. It didn’t work.
Thus JB should have been allowed to call his retirement date.
The decision to announce JB’s retirement wasn’t JB’s call.

Thus he deserved consideration.
Our problems now are because JB won’t adapt.
Now I think the AD could have the retirement talk with him.

Not in 2015 though.

How about showing me where he didn’t? When did he say that JB would retire as planned?

You're the one who claimed that Wildhack ripped up Coyle's agreement in 2015. Claims that you can't back up.

If you want to be pissed with Wildhack because he didn't hold JB to the Coyle agreement in 2017, I have no issue with that.

But this nonsense that Wildhack and JB conspired in a plot to force Hop out is just fantasy.

Disagree. Announcing the date allowed for an orderly transition. The issue was not telling JB that Hopkins got to choose his players. JB was incredibly selfish. Justified? Maybe. But Wildhack could of prevented it.

Now I think the AD could have the retirement talk with him.

Not in 2015 though.
Coyle didn’t tell JB when he was going to retire. The chancellor did. The chancellor was not happy. JB was lucky to leave the hearing with the NCAA with a job.

Didn't help matters either that JB and Hop lost a whole summer of recruiting when they were tied up with Team USA. Especially since we could only have two coaches on the road back then.

I know it's a tough call to turn down Coach K and the Olympics, but maybe Hop should have stayed behind.

Coyle didn’t tell JB when he was going to retire. The chancellor did. The chancellor was not happy. JB was lucky to leave the hearing with the NCAA with a job.
If that is true then the chancellor changed his mind why?

I think it was a strategy to get a more lenient penalty which we didn’t get.

Half the football coaches in the SEC.

Honestly Park isn’t worth it. He is a company man thru and thru.
He is lucky he kept his job after what he did years ago in Clemson.

I won't argue about your Clemson point but literally all college play by play guys are company men.

Honestly Park isn’t worth it. He is a company man thru and thru.
He is lucky he kept his job after what he did years ago in Clemson.
What happened in Clemson?

Excuse me. Last time I looked, the basketball coach worked for the AD. Plus, the Chancellor also agreed to this.

Why? Last time I heard, the coach works for the AD. And maybe if JB had watched his program, there wouldn’t of been sanctions in the first place. In any event, the AD and the Chancellor agreed to this.
Why? Who was the coach when the violations happened? How many times have we been sanctioned? Who was the coach for both?

Now I think the AD could have the retirement talk with him
Not in 2015 though.
Had we followed through, where would we be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom