oof game from buddy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

oof game from buddy

I agree with your reply but it is disappointing to see Buddy step to the free throw line and miss two of three. On top of Joe missing 2 free throws. This team just seems to find ways to stay close but not enough to close the deal.

those were 2 huge misses when youre trying to make a run, hes gotta at least hit 2 out of 3. i think this game was a little too big for him

We needed to be at our best to win or even keep it a few point loss. We weren't tonight but they kept on fighting.
Duke is a very good team and give credit to them for making us take tough shots all game.
And if you think we had an answer for Carey, I'd love to hear it.

how did we score 88?? as you said marek is the only guy that played well. hughes started off great then disappeared, buddy was overmatched, girard didnt do much till the end.

we simply couldnt get stopsthe last 28 minutes of the game. duke is flat out better.
I agree. Duke is the better team with the best player by far -- Carey .

We needed to be at our best to win or even keep it a few point loss. We weren't tonight but they kept on fighting.
Duke is a very good team and give credit to them for making us take tough shots all game.

Carey was the reason we lost. We are just too weak in the paint.

And play defense.

We were fing 6-26 all our 3 point shooters were off and it wasn’t Duke in many cases. No one shot well. We haven’t been hitting 3s

Come on! 8-27. 5-17 from 3. That is horrible.

Eh, look to the points. That's where the answers are. If they come out, we score 30 points less (or thereabouts) and we lose by like 30 more.

It's called M-A-T-H.

I'm not sure who has played any better this year with Jones in their face.

There's two ends of the court basketball is supposed to be played on. Sorry to inform you that he wasn't good tonight.

Sometimes you just have to say the other team is better and move on.

9 games left in the regular season. We will be favored against Wake, NC State, GT, BC, UNC. Slight favorites against Miami and slight underdogs against Pitt. Major underdogs against FSU and Louisville. According to ESPN.

12-8 regular season ACC record would be much more than anyone of us expected coming into league play.

Duke's defense had something to do with that. They targeted taking Buddy out of the game and they were successful at it. Eli got his, but had to work hard for it. Girard and especially Marek were really good in this game. Overall, if Duke is a Top 10 team, we played them pretty even for about 25-30 minutes. That's progress.

Nothing is shocking here.

Hughes and Boeheim are the focal points.

Boeheim is A shooter, not a scorer. Play tight.

And we get destroyed down below. Big time discrepancy. Under-recruited the 5 and paying for it.

If we lose on the road at Clemson, we should win some games at home. And we haven’t won any of the big ones yet.

Eh, look to the points. That's where the answers are. If they come out, we score 30 points less (or thereabouts) and we lose by like 30 more.

It's called M-A-T-H.
I'm not saying anyone else on the team would have done better. I'm saying they had below average games no matter what math you are using to analyze their statistics.

Both Jones and Goldwire are excellent defensive players. And that is certainly the primary reason why Girard and Boeheim did so poorly.. The point is that they played poorly. No excuses.
They both shot poorly, that's for sure. But 4 boards and 7 assists against just 1 turnover against Duke as a freshman? I think folks are being a little hard on Joe... I don't think he was even close to the primary reason why we lost.

i hate that our program is at a level where playing duke even at home for 20 minutes is considered progress.

I agree and I am starting to wonder what the goals are for the program. Are we still competing for a national championship. If so, is that the #1 goal?

I'm not saying anyone else on the team would have done better. I'm saying they had below average games no matter what math you are using to analyze their statistics.

I'm using points - as that's all that matters. Any other metric is irrelevant.

What's up with the team's poor shooting from 3 -the supposed strength?
Some ugly balls tossed up tonight, 1-14 at one stage.
Nice to hit some clutch 3's late that were key to provide a chance to win, but more consistent shooting from 3 could have had SU in the game and made the press with gassed 40" guys unnecessary.
Amazed that improved play inside is what led to the recent success collecting some W's.

i hate that our program is at a level where playing duke even at home for 20 minutes is considered progress.
The team is very young, and frankly Boeheim has done a fantastic job. Could be worse-- just check over yonder in Chapel Hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom