Opening day ncaa tourney thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Opening day ncaa tourney thread

Hope Ohio State can hang on here. I have them going further than I really expected because I wasn't that excited about anyone else in that region until UNC

Jackrabbits back in it! Kam Williams...wow. Big shot. He’s got some bounce and swag.

Sorry but you and many others here would be all over the staff if they brought in a big man from the Netherlands who scored his freshman year one basket in 24 games (.111 fg%) but had 19 fouls. Then ‘jumping’ to 3.3 points/game , averaging 2.6 rebounds in 24 games his sophomore year. He redshirted his junior year with an injury after 8 games. Then last year his redshirt junior year, he started 24 of 35 games he played in, averaging 5.3 points , 4.4 rebounds and 3 blocks in total for the season.

In his 5th year starting every game, he’s now averaging 7.1 points(.397 fg%) , 4.7 rebounds, 1.15 TOV’s/game and 10 blocks for his last season at the end of his 5 years.

Chukwu’s current numbers are 5.4 points/ga, (.660 fg%), 6.9 rebounds , 90 blocks for the season (2.6/game) and 1.2 TOV’s/game in the equivalent of his sophomore redshirt year. Yet you prefer UNCG’s 5th year center from the Netherlands after watching one game? Personally I really doubt it. :p SU fans aren’t known for the patience needed by these mid to lower level D1 schools to develop players - lol.

Jordy Kuiper Bio
Well.. I just got schooled.

Looks like NC State isn't going to help the ACC. Wish I could have that pick back.

Last edited:
Seton Hall can suck it. I grew up maybe ten minutes from their campus and they’re such a poser basketball program.

I drove down to NJ to meet a friend and take the train into NY to watch the Wake game last week. As I stopped in the local pizza joint before catching the train (maybe a five minute drive from Seton Hall’s campus) the entire basketball team was there. One of their guys saw me decked out in my Syracuse Orange gear. Jersey. Hat. Everything.

What follows is a true exchange.

One of their players (seeing my hat): Oh man, we gotta get you a blue hat.
Me: No thanks, I’m good. How’s Taurean?
SHU player: He got out of there. That program’s a sinking ship. You guys are trash.
Me: Really? Because that Final Four from a few years ago is still keeping me warm at night.

One of their coaches heard that last comment by me, smiled, and shook his head.

Mic drop.

Stop running your mouths, SHU. Win some tournament games and get back to me.

Well.. I just got schooled.
Nahh.

I'm not buying the second year of school. He's in his 4th year of college. He could have done so many things to be more prepared for his second full year of playing games.

Seton Hall can suck it. I grew up maybe ten minutes from their campus and they’re such a poser basketball program.

I drove down to NJ to meet a friend and take the train into NY to watch the Wake game last week. As I stopped in the local pizza joint before catching the train (maybe a five minute drive from Seton Hall’s campus) the entire basketball team was there. One of their guys saw me decked out in my Syracuse Orange gear. Jersey. Hat. Everything.

SHU player: He got out of there. That program’s a sinking ship. You guys are trash.
Me: Really? Because that Final Four from a few years ago is still keeping me warm at night.

Mic drop.

That coach that smiled and shook his head, he did so because that kids comments were his exact recruiting pitch to taureans mother while talking to her on his throw away burner phone. :rolling:

Worked late... Hall won eh?

I’m sure someone can confirm my assumption that TT was the first guy to greet teammates as they came back to the bench on timeouts...

Mic drop.

One tourney win in 14 years impressive.

One tourney win in 14 years impressive.

They’re such a poser program. NJ doesn’t really have a college basketball rooting interest because SHU and Rutgers have been utterly mediocre for years.

I feel like Davidson has missed A LOT of open looks... let’s hope they start falling in the second half

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom