OPTIMISTIC EXPECTATIONS | Syracusefan.com

OPTIMISTIC EXPECTATIONS

BillSU

All American
Ever since Dino went out and got Anae & Beck who had the second best passing offense in the nation last year, I had a very good feeling about what will happen this year with our football team.

I personally not only think we’ve turned the corner but this will be a very good year and the beginning of the next great Syracuse Football decade and maybe more. We have great coaches who want to JUST WIN BABY and they are not going to mess with losing.

It was very evident just how much work the coaching staff and players have put in since spring practice and fall camp. Shrader and Beck must have spent many nights on being the best QB, throwing ball after ball. Everyone looking at last night’s game saw players doing their part to play their best and aside from penalties and dropped balls they were very successful.

I think we have the makings of a team that will go bowling year after year. As long as they keep on working to be the best and recruiting the best. NYS and NJ have become recruiting gold mines for us, having 40 kids at the game last night a really great idea and beginning to recruit 8th graders even better.

DINO, ANAE, BECK, TONY, SWAG DADDY and the rest – we have a really great staff – let’s hold on to them and make this vision come true.

Wildhack has made it possible to bring in Anae and Beck, I'm sure he and the SU administration are on board to keep SU relevant.

I have no inside info, but my personal guess is that the SU Admin and AD see this as the beginning of the B1G/SEC auditions. Building SU football for the long term.

White is probably going to get some head coach offers. Keeping the staff together will be a challenge.
Hey everyone, lets just enjoy the "here and now". We fans have a team that feels like it can give us something we have been hoping for. Competing for an ACC championship would be phenomenal and maybe, just maybe a possibility.

Wildhack has made it possible to bring in Anae and Beck, I'm sure he and the SU administration are on board to keep SU relevant.

I have no inside info, but my personal guess is that the SU Admin and AD see this as the beginning of the B1G/SEC auditions. Building SU football for the long term.
I was thinking today that becoming FB relevant MAY help us move to the Big 10. A good SU will always capture more tv eyes than Rutgers

How can we hold on to them if we cannot match future offers they might receive?
This is one way to retain anyone on our staff. If they still want to go, it's free will and you can't do anything about it, but I think Tony is building his resume and will stay if given an extension and a lot more $.

>TONY’S D was on fire dumping Cunningham several times. Really a great team WIN.

I also say Dino should suggest to Wildhack that Tony is being mentioned as an upcoming, if not already there D Coordinator that other programs are seeing as a great addition to their team and should suggest to John that his contract should be extended and for MORE $. We need to keep him here. Let's give him a bigger reason to stay.<

Last edited:
This is one way to retain anyone on our staff. If they still want to go, it's free will and you can't do anything about it, but I think Tony is building his resume and will stay if given an extension and a lot more $.

>TONY’S D was on fire dumping Cunningham several times. Really a great team WIN.

I also say Dino should suggest to Wildhack that Tony is being mentioned as an upcoming, if not already there D Coordinator that people are seeing as a great addition to their team and should suggest to John that his contract should be extended and for MORE $. We need to keep him here. Let's give him a bigger reason to stay.<
Wildhack already knows about Coach White and how important he is. He said as much when he announced Dino was being retained.

Also White was named on an ESPN future head coach watch list.

Wildhack already knows about Coach White and how important he is. He said as much when he announced Dino was being retained.

Thanks SuFTW.

I assumed they know what is at stake with Tony and probably Swag Daddy as well. Both are very valuable to this staff and I wanted to express my opinion.

Thanks SuFTW.

I assumed they know what is at stake with Tony and probably Swag Daddy as well. Both are very valuable to this staff and I wanted to express my opinion.
Yep, agree. Both Monroe and Schmidt got new titles in January; Defensive passing game coordinator and safeties coach, and Run game coordinator. The assumption was the new titles came with new contracts and raises.

The broadcasters said something like his HC stock was way up with the Louisville game.

Realistic Expectations.

A very well coached Def.

A well coached offense that actually seems to have a purpose and philosophy.

The ACC RB of the week.

The top graded QB in the country.

We can realistically expect GOOD things.

Improvements in all three phases in the game.

Better coaching preparation and execution. Game planning was awesome.

Clock and game management was great.

Have some real NFL caliber talent at DB, LB, OL, and RB, and some young diamonds that look promising.

It's the recipe for a successful season.

Two major injuries hurt but team was basically 99% healthy going into the season and there's going to be attrition. McDonald and Mang look like they can manage and the LBs have support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom