Options to finish out the Roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Options to finish out the Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if his plan was to redshirt all 3, we didn’t have depth.
Well, we didn't if you knew that Sidibe was going to get hurt 4 minutes in to the season. But, if you thought that you would get a season out of him, with Marek as the back up, there is nothing wrong with that. Not too many teams have 3 centers that can actually play large minutes at this level. The 3rd guy would be crazy to still be at that school. I believe that Jess was more ready than Jb thought he was. But, I wasn't at practice every day.

Well, we didn't if you knew that Sidibe was going to get hurt 4 minutes in to the season. But, if you thought that you would get a season out of him, with Marek as the back up, there is nothing wrong with that. Not too many teams have 3 centers that can actually play large minutes at this level. The 3rd guy would be crazy to still be at that school. I believe that Jess was more ready than Jb thought he was. But, I wasn't at practice every day.

Right. And this year we have 2 centers, 3 forwards, and 3 guards already signed up. With avail mins at a minimum. I’ll put you down as we won’t be able to get any quality depth going forward.

Which was the point of OIGs post, btw

Right. And this year we have 2 centers, 3 forwards, and 3 guards already signed up. With avail mins at a minimum. I’ll put you down as we won’t be able to get any quality depth going forward.

Which was the point of OIGs post, btw
Do me a favor, don't you put me down for anything. I am capable of making my own determinations. One of the last people I need doing that for me here is you. And last I looked, we have 3 centers right now.

Do me a favor, don't you put me down for anything. I am capable of making my own determinations. One of the last people I need doing that for me here is you. And last I looked, we have 3 centers right now.

Who do you feel we will be bringing in to fill out the roster? Will anyone we bring in going forward play more than 5 mins a game?

Who do you feel we will be bringing in to fill out the roster? Will anyone we bring in going forward play more than 5 mins a game?
ya know, Cuse Runner mocked my sources publicly. . And then sent me private messages asking me what was happening. I told him. And unlike everyone else that did that, I didn't get a thank you. Why in the world would I say anything publicly to you? I will just say this. It depends. I don't like that answer anymore than you do but it so happens it's the truth. We may not be done. That isn't a hedge. It just is. It depends on what happens with Frank and obviously, what we can get. I know a bit more than that( not much more) but that is the real story.

ya know, Cuse Runner mocked my sources publicly. . And then sent me private messages asking me what was happening. I told him. And unlike everyone else that did that, I didn't get a thank you. Why in the world would I say anything publicly to you? I will just say this. It depends. I don't like that answer anymore than you do but it so happens it's the truth. We may not be done. That isn't a hedge. It just is. It depends on what happens with frank and obviously, what we can get. I know a bit more than that( not much more) but that is the real story.

You are making this weird, man...and kind of personal for no reason. I’m not asking you based on your sources. I asked you because you said you didn’t want me to speak for you so I asked you.

You are making this weird, man...and kind of personal for no reason. I’m not asking you based on your sources. I asked you because you said you didn’t want me to speak for you so I asked you.
No. you made it personal when you spoke for me. I don't do that to you or anyone else.

just because you aren’t going to play all 5 doesn’t mean we didn’t have 5. If you want to say we didn’t have quality depth, then fine. That’s what JB said when he said guys weren’t ready.
And when asked about having "x" come in to rebound, saying he's not ready may mean his all around game, Sure "x" can rebound but he'll give up more than gains most of the time.

I’ll ask this again -

WHY on Biden’s green earth would Quadir Copeland reclass to come here and be the 4th guard (3rd PG) for a coach who has a track record chiseled in stone of playing 2.5 guards??

WHAT IS IN IT FOR HIM??!!!

Answer - absolutely nothing.

And, we’d risk Kadary 2.0, have him Portal out due to lack of PT,
and lose the ‘22 PG we desperately need, the year before we really need him.
well I hear you...but why do people do internships?

In which scenario would Quadir be more ready to play in 22 - after having learned the system from the front row for a year in 21...or coming in fresh in 22?

Not like anyone needs all 4 years these days anyway...so the "wasted" year of eligibilty doesn't factor, imo.

We need another guard, or at least a person capable of playing guard in a pinch.

I’m worried about our ball handling next year. Marek was a great pressure release valve. Losing Kadary and Marek hurt our ball handling and passing abilities.

Last edited:
Why not the kid from Rochester??

“Pickett said his favorite basketball school growing up was UNC, but the 6-foot-4 guard's favorite individual teams were the CJ Fair-led Syracuse Orange and the Michigan "Fab Five." The three-time All-MAAC first teamer and 2019-20 MAAC Player of the Year plans on announcing his transfer destination within in the next two weeks.”

From Albany area news account

Why not the kid from Rochester??

“Pickett said his favorite basketball school growing up was UNC, but the 6-foot-4 guard's favorite individual teams were the CJ Fair-led Syracuse Orange and the Michigan "Fab Five." The three-time All-MAAC first teamer and 2019-20 MAAC Player of the Year plans on announcing his transfer destination within in the next two weeks.”

From Albany area news account
He'd be an awesome get.

I think releastically we are done. I think Quincy will be back too. Regardless we are back end top 25 team with Quincy we are top 15

How we can only go into the season with 3 scholarship guards and people think we can be a top 25 team is just crazy.
Go ahead and do it.

I want us to be good so I hope it happens. I think teams if they are actually coached will realize how to play us.
Ball pressure our guards and just face guard Buddy and force him into tougher shot.
Harass Joe and speed him up.

I think the optimism is fine but the people who don’t believe it have reason.

Say it with me, folks:
Sy-mir
Torr-ence
Ok let me rephrase. If you have a pool full of water and it all goes out of pool due to cannonballs is it still a deep pool?

Ok let me rephrase. If you have a pool full of water and it all goes out of pool due to cannonballs is it still a deep pool?
You’re trying too hard with this analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom