Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

What would you have done?
I’m not a fan of the shoulder stripes.

But I also expected and welcomed a uniform that incorporated a traditional look that was updated. So the off color collar, ORANGE on the front and multiple color schemes are fine.

They help sell merch appealing to younger kids.

The 150th patch is a one year deal. So the front gets less busy next year.

The O-B-O combo is sensational. The pants and helmet are perfect.

You can’t compare our uniform situation to those of Bama, Penn St and USC. They literally haven’t changed ever, nor do I want our uniforms to look like they did in 1968.

The new uniforms scream Syracuse to me. The block S on the helmet took a while for me to like, but now I view it as mandatory because it’s what make it Syracuse.

The previous uniforms last were literally the worst I’ve ever seen. Horrible.

I’m not a fan of the shoulder stripes.

But I also expected and welcomed a uniform that incorporated a traditional look that was updated. So the off color collar, ORANGE on the front and multiple color schemes are fine.

They help sell merch appealing to younger kids.

The 150th patch is a one year deal. So the front gets less busy next year.

The O-B-O combo is sensational. The pants and helmet are perfect.

You can’t compare our uniform situation to those of Bama, Penn St and USC. They literally haven’t changed ever, nor do I want our uniforms to look like they did in 1968.

The new uniforms scream Syracuse to me. The block S on the helmet took a while for me to like, but now I view it as mandatory because it’s what make it Syracuse.

The previous uniforms last were literally the worst I’ve ever seen. Horrible.

First they fixed the helmet, right color, high gloss,.

The pants are as traditional as they could be.

The jerseys they got the base colors right, got the numbers right.

The numbers on the shoulders were part of the Mac/P uniforms.

The “Orange” is in line with the hops and lax uniforms

Only thing I’d leave out are the shoulder stripes but where they are are better than the Gerg error uniforms

I personally am glad the uniform stuff has been addressed, this board is a lil nutzzzz
With it lol . Now for me I’m just looking forward to Tommy being home for the 4th , and going on vacation with him just before camp ( Aruba this time keeping him away from Bermuda mopeds and rock climbing ) than camp begins and the real topics start .

It's funny, all of the new recruits and current players LOVE the new look and new uniforms by reading their social media accounts. Here is one article as a small example... Recruits React to New Syracuse Uniforms

While I bet the people on this message board who dislike the new uniforms are middle aged to senior citizens, stuck in the past.
Bingo.

It's funny, all of the new recruits and current players LOVE the new look and new uniforms by reading their social media accounts. Here is one article as a small example... Recruits React to New Syracuse Uniforms

While I bet the people on this message board who dislike the new uniforms are middle aged to senior citizens, stuck in the past, still buy magazines, subscribe to the Post Standard, complain when they have to "stream" a game and need to call for help to work their SmartTV, have a cell phone that is a flip phone, and are upset that shopping malls are a thing of the past and now you have to buy most things online. To that group I just have to say, the world is changing, get with the times or get left behind. SU football for the first time in decades is with the times and the FRESH LIT new look, and the uniforms are representative of that. Syracuse Football has never had a consistent look for football. Heck we once had a white helmet with a blue oval and SU in the middle. Not sure why some on this board get their underpants in a bunch every time we update the look. SU football has been updating the look forever. This isn't anything new.

I'm 30.

While I bet the people on this message board who dislike the new uniforms are middle aged to senior citizens, stuck in the past, still buy magazines, subscribe to the Post Standard, complain when they have to "stream" a game and need to call for help to work their SmartTV, have a cell phone that is a flip phone, and are upset that shopping malls are a thing of the past and now you have to buy most things online. To that group I just have to say, the world is changing, get with the times or get left behind. SU football for the first time in decades is with the times and the FRESH LIT new look, and the uniforms are representative of that. Syracuse Football has never had a consistent look for football. Heck we once had a white helmet with a blue oval and SU in the middle. Not sure why some on this board get their underpants in a bunch every time we update the look. SU football has been updating the look forever. This isn't anything new.
Right, with all the combinations shown on the new uni's, Cuse has had some form of them in the past. lol We had white helmets with grey cages. Orange helmets with white cages. We had white pants before.

Last edited:
Right, with all the combinations shown on on the new uni's, Cuse has had some form of them in the past. lol We had white helmets with grey cages. Orange helmets with white cages. We had white pants before.

We’ve also had platinum uniforms and blue helmets.

The only thing I dislike is the colored collars.

Everything else is on point.

The orange on the helmet actually looks orange again, and not red. You can read the numbers.

I’ll take it.

The only thing I dislike is the colored collars.

It's a quirk with Nike jerseys.

The collars are made of a different fabric than the rest of the jerseys. During the dye process, the dye sets differently in each material. You'd end up with two different shades of orange or two different shades of blue.

The work around is to have different colored collars.

It's a quirk with Nike jerseys.

The collars are made of a different fabric than the rest of the jerseys. During the dye process, the dye sets differently in each material. You'd end up with two different shades of orange or two different shades of blue.

The work around is to have different colored collars.
Interesting. Thanks.

And actually after seeing more pictures and looking at them more closely, I think the only jersey I dislike the collar on is the blue jersey with the orange collar.

Teens make bad decisions all the time. Adults do, too, sure, but they’ve at least had a chance to learn from some of their mistakes.

Looking “fresh lit” is great for now, but most of what’s “in” at the moment won’t stay “in” over the next decade, whereas the classic look will. So, we can either continually chase our tail, or we can build and enhance a brand identity with a long term payout.

Put another way, the teens who like the goofy over-the-top designs are thinking in the now, the adults who like the classic look are a move ahead of them.

The truth is shutting either side completely out is a mistake. There should be a crazy 3rd jersey here and there, but no sane person would let a teen have final say in something as important as the way SU markets its football team, and uniforms are a huge part of how the team is marketed.

Last edited:

As someone over 50 I'm not sure about the first part of this post ;) but as someone who has followed SU sports since the early 70's I agree with the latter part of your comments. The Mac years and 90s were reasonably consistent but aside from that we have not had a uniform brand similar to the blue bloods that are often held up here as models.

Fill in the blank “ Let’s Go, ___________” clap clap clap-clap-clap.
[/

wow that is a lot of nasty stuff! you must a star in the world of profiling. per your statement of underpants in a bunch --yours seem to have bunched up so far they disappeared!!!! regardless in your world there is controversy with no discussion or tolerance--i could say a lot more but my denture fell out,glasses broke as i am straining to see the keyboard, my flip phone is wringing ---
i could probably profile you , it would be very funny.-

wow that is a lot of nasty stuff! you must a star in the world of profiling. per your statement of underpants in a bunch --yours seem to have bunched up so far they disappeared!!!! regardless in your world there is controversy with no discussion or tolerance--i could say a lot more but my denture fell out,glasses broke as i am straining to see the keyboard, my flip phone is wringing ---
i could probably profile you , it would be very funny.-
You forgot the diaper change;)

Sorry to say but I think you are way off base. I am 55 years old and my friends in the same age group or older love the new uniforms. As I said in a previous post I thought the Turning Stone event was fantastic and the uniforms are even better.

Sorry to say but I think you are way off base. I am 55 years old and my friends in the same age group or older love the new uniforms. As I said in a previous post I thought the Turning Stone event was fantastic and the uniforms are even better.
I didn't say all older people hated the new uniforms. Just that if you hate the new uniforms odds are you are older. ;)