Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

Was underwhelmed initially with these. First thing that came to mind was they look like the Browns (they still do and spare me the story about Mac stealing the Browns uniforms in 19 whatever). Also thought they would more resemble the McNabb era threads. Was expecting something cleaner (ie. no shoulder stripes) a la the new Pitt uniforms. But ... slowly coming around to them more. They are clearly an improvement. I love the McNabb style pants with their stripe. Orange/White/Orange (or even blue) I really like.

Anyone who thought they were literally going to go back to the McPherson/McNabb unis...don't know what to tell you.

These are a great compromise. We look like a team that can be taken seriously, for the first time in a long time.

Anyone who thought they were literally going to go back to the McPherson/McNabb unis...don't know what to tell you.

These are a great compromise. We look like a team that can be taken seriously, for the first time in a long time.
Agree. We weren't going to get the exact same look. This is close enough. Plus there's a couple wrinkles that appeals the current players on the team.

I'm cool with the new unis, but I also think these are great. Suspect they would work with Orange and Navy too.

I'm cool with the new unis, but I also think these are great. Suspect they would work with Orange and Navy too.
When all we had was orange and navy, everyone complained about no white.

When all we had was orange and navy, everyone complained about no white.
When did we only have orange and navy? We have been wearing white jerseys since at least 1950. For a long period of the Schwartzwalder era, that is the only color jersey we wore.

When did we only have orange and navy? We have been wearing white jerseys since at least 1950. For a long period of the Schwartzwalder era, that is the only color jersey we wore.
I was thinking in terms of that Iowa yellow and black look in the pic. You’re right about the jersey colors, but for some of the grob era, as well as the last few years it’s been orange and navy with no white. We were just on different pages.
EEA37ACF-3208-42F8-9855-2B8C1244834D.jpeg

I was thinking in terms of that Iowa yellow and black look in the pic. You’re right about the jersey colors, but for some of the grob era, as well as the last few years it’s been orange and navy with no white. We were just on different pages.
View attachment 167384
I like the jerseys on the left (‘05?). Too bad the team was terrible.

Which classic game is this?
Looks like Todd Philcox at the helm. Has to be a night game on the road. Artificial turf. I think it is against West Virginia.

U

This is my favorite SU uni of all-time. Our road uniforms from the late 80s and early 90s. Beautiful in its simplicity.

View attachment 167640

For me, it's this...with the orange numerals. I think it looks cleaner than with the blue, but that's me. In my opinion, this is why SU got it right with the new unis, the modern twist of this great look...with orange numerals and names on the jerseys. Additionally, Auburn and UVA have the same/similar colors and both schools numbers and name lettering is blue. So, this distinguishes us somewhat...for the better. :)

1988 at WVU

That may have been on ESPN Classic but it was no classic, at least not for SU. What made the '87 game especially great is that, after a bad start, (similar to the one we'd had in 1986), they were on a roll and had become, to a large extent their 1988 teams. So it was the undefeated 1987 Syracuse team vs. the undefeated 1988 West Virginia team in the Dome that day. the '88 Mountaineers, even had the home blow-out of Penn state to break the long losing streak to them. But the '88 SU team didn't play very well against them and were easily beaten, 9-31