Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

The only thing I dislike is the colored collars.

Everything else is on point.

The orange on the helmet actually looks orange again, and not red. You can read the numbers.

I’ll take it.
My first thought, too. That big collar V is a little old school. I think it's absolutely killing it on the white, and orange tops. Best all orange look we've ever had. I despised our old all orange. Now my fav.

To get that old school look, I think that was important. We play on the road, too. While I wanted the o-b-o to be my fav? I like the consistency. The big boys wear that blue Jersey a little better. It still looks good.

They tried to hit on every beef we had. All I know, is we look like Cuse again. I'm done complaining. We have actual uniforms again.

Just me and TD13 having a broment on the stream, you know. Lol
297C994F-AB5D-469C-8EBF-D4D0EAFEA94F.jpeg

The new uniforms scream Syracuse to me. The block S on the helmet took a while for me to like, but now I view it as mandatory because it’s what make it Syracuse.
Nike could've satisfied everyone by striking a compromise with the block S. Put it on 1 side of the helmet only. Crazy idea. And the stripes could've been thinner and closer to the edge of the pads. It's not the design elements, it's the execution. Nike just isn't capable of subtlety.

But yes, this is a big improvement and expecting them to be perfectly to everyone's liking is just not realistic.

It's funny to see the collective 180 we've pulled on shoulder stripes. Last week, talking about the 2005 uniforms, stripes were unacceptable. Since they're on the new jerseys, those complaints have dried up.

Me, I don't much care about stripes. Thought the Perry Patterson ones looked good, these (lower and more incomplete) look a little worse but not awful.

The "Orange" on the front is goofy, though. A minority of football teams have names on the front of the jerseys. We haven't done that in my lifetime, so it's jarring. It looks like those T.J. Maxx fake jerseys that vagrants wear. Really weird.

Good helmets and pants, though.

I personally am glad the uniform stuff has been addressed, this board is a lil nutzzzz
With it lol . Now for me I’m just looking forward to Tommy being home for the 4th , and going on vacation with him just before camp ( Aruba this time keeping him away from Bermuda mopeds and rock climbing ) than camp begins and the real topics start .
You can thank me later...

Italian restaurant in backyard...food is out of this world...small so reserve early...best meal we had on Aruba...

It's funny to see the collective 180 we've pulled on shoulder stripes. Last week, talking about the 2005 uniforms, stripes were unacceptable. Since they're on the new jerseys, those complaints have dried up.

Me, I don't much care about stripes. Thought the Perry Patterson ones looked good, these (lower and more incomplete) look a little worse but not awful.

The "Orange" on the front is goofy, though. A minority of football teams have names on the front of the jerseys. We haven't done that in my lifetime, so it's jarring. It looks like those T.J. Maxx fake jerseys that vagrants wear. Really weird.

Good helmets and pants, though.

The stripes are different than the '05 jerseys though. These aren't shoulder stripes, as they were back then. These are sleeve stripes. It's a big difference, in my humble opinion, and looks much better.

One thing that cracks me up is people noting how the players and recruits love them. There were soooooo many debates here about the prior abominations uniforms, and how they were so beloved by the players, so any criticisms were off base.

I constantly contended that the players would literally love just about anything given to them, short of tutus and tiaras, because they'd see it as "theirs".

Well guess what, they love these. And if they were gray and had Sanskrit numerals, they'd likely have loved them too.

Which is all to say, don't rely on the whims of 18 years olds to define your football program's brand.

Nike could've satisfied everyone by striking a compromise with the block S. Put it on 1 side of the helmet only. Crazy idea. And the stripes could've been thinner and closer to the edge of the pads. It's not the design elements, it's the execution. Nike just isn't capable of subtlety.

But yes, this is a big improvement and expecting them to be perfectly to everyone's liking is just not realistic.
I'll bet that you're a Pittsburgh Steelers fan too. ;)

This thread has become too cumbersome (and absurd) so I have been granted the authority by the site's Moderators and Administrator*** to impose some reasonable restrictions on who can post for now on:
  1. If you wear cargo shorts at any time you are not actively engaged in an outdoor recreational activity, at the beach, at work at a zoo, or leading a safari, you may not post;
  2. If you wear shoes with square toes, you may not post;
  3. If you wear golf shirts to work (made of some type of tech fabric as opposed to pique cotton, regular cotton if in good physical shape, or a blend), you may not post;
  4. If at any home games, you have selected Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer" or Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," as the fourth quarter song, you may not most;
  5. If you live in Pennsylvania, you may not post;
  6. If you have completed Middle School and still wear jerseys, you may not post;
  7. If you think leaving the Big East was a mistake, you may not post; and
  8. If your handle is cuseguy, you may not post ;).
Caveat - If you are an active player, parent of an active player, a recruit (who is not considering Penn State, parent of an active recruit (who is not considering Penn State), an active coach, or someone who donates over $2k per year to the program (this does not include ticket, parking, and concession purchases, you may ignore the above and post, but you should identify the exception you fall under so that your status may appropriately weighed.

***This may not be true.

Holy crap, I was legit 4 for the first 4 going down that list from the top. I need to reevaluate my life - you have me worried.

The blue is too Florida blue. It should be Navy.
The rest of it I think is an improvement.
Florida blue is much lighter. I think this blue is fine. It looks navy to me. Any darker and it would look black.

The stripes are different than the '05 jerseys though. These aren't shoulder stripes, as they were back then. These are sleeve stripes. It's a big difference, in my humble opinion, and looks much better.

agree 100%

Much better, especially Devito's jersey. Takes me back to D McNabb era. Overall it's all good. '68

Last edited:
I was there, and I think the blue was spot on.

It may have been the lighting. In some pix I saw, it looked almost Navy. In a few others, the color seemed pretty close to what Florida uses.

Shoes with square toes aren't cool? I think they're awesome and anyone who disagrees can kiss my smelly square toes.
I'm more concerned that some posters have square toes.