Orangeyes ... Sad News | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes ... Sad News

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
It is with great sorrow to inform everyone that Orangeyes (Dan Johnson) passed away last night after a valiant months long fight. There was not a bigger SU fan than Dan. Not just football and men's basketball, but also Lax, women's basketball, women's softball etc.

He will truly be missed by a lot of people, not just this fan community but by the many other friends he had made and of course his family and relatives. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers and keep Dan in your hearts.

We will post details of the arrangements when we know them.

God bless Dan, we'll miss you.

I don't even know what to say... Meeting and talking with dan during the BC game, and the Indiana game made my whole trip. He was truly an amazing man. Prayers for his family. Luckily it seems like he has a great son, and some amazing grand kids that will keep the family love for everything Orange alive.

Rest in peace, Dan. Thanks for being so nice to me

Prayers for Dan and his family. Getting to meet Dan accidentally at Physical Therapy and spend time with him there, and then at some of the tailgates was awesome. He was a Great guy, and super ambassador for the board. His super-human efforts in providing a central news clearinghouse for SU fans here will never be duplicated. His loss leaves me deeply saddened. RIP Dan. Something permanent should be done to memorialize this great man and SU fan. He touched alot of lives.

Last edited:
I only knew of OE as one of the true leaders of this fanboard. Needless to say, he is the type of fan that should make every one of us be the best possible fan we can be. In my estimation, inspiring others to be better, in any way or at anything, is the ultimate testament to a person's character. Sincerest condolences to his family.

RIP. Never met the man in person but always came off as a class act around here. I just read an article a few days ago about the surgeries he was going through and how he was still diligently posting his daily articles on the board even enduring that. Really puts things in perspective and the kind of person he was. He'll definitely be missed.

I am truly saddened to hear the news even though I never had the honor of knowing him personally. My tribute to him is in the fact that I could stay close to all things Orange every day by coming here are looking at the articles that he would painstakingly find and download for all of us to read. Thank you, Mr. Johnson, for your service. Through you, I felt connected to my home town so far away. God speed you safely home. My prayers of strength and peace for his family.