Oshae Brissett is this week’s ACC Rookie of the Week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett is this week’s ACC Rookie of the Week

Not saying he will get drafted this year but Boeheim seems to think he is a better shooter than he has shown. Richardson didn't really shoot the ball that well while here .37 FG% and .353 3P%

True, but Richardson mainly shot from the outside. His NBA career so far is showing why he shouldn't have been drafted so high or at all.

Not saying he will get drafted this year but Boeheim seems to think he is a better shooter than he has shown. Richardson didn't really shoot the ball that well while here .37 FG% and .353 3P%

Assuming the 3pt shot keeps improving he was way more upside than Malachi, IMO. More athletic (obviously a different position), bigger, pretty much as good of a ballhandler, etc. I mean Malachi barely drove the ball until the Tournament. Oshae’s rebounding prowess will be valued too I would think.

My guess is that he puts his feet in the water at the very least. Not sure whether he signs with an agent

Assuming the 3pt shot keeps improving he was way more upside than Malachi, IMO. More athletic (obviously a different position), bigger, pretty much as good of a ballhandler, etc. I mean Malachi barely drove the ball until the Tournament. Oshae’s rebounding prowess will be valued too I would think.

Just playing devils advocate, but his shooting percentage at the rim is terrible. He’s shooting sub 38% on two pointers on the season. That’s pretty bad for a forward. Mal was a guard. I know he was pretty good against Georgetown, but he was still 6-17 overall. Cooney shot better than this.

Just playing devils advocate, but his shooting percentage at the rim is terrible. He’s shooting sub 38% on two pointers on the season. That’s pretty bad for a forward. Mal was a guard. I know he was pretty good against Georgetown, but he was still 6-17 overall. Cooney shot better than this.

Double-clutches too much. Good at hanging in the air but the double clutches make the shots in the paint more challenging. He will get better as the year goes on. Too good of a talent.

He struck while the iron was hot much like Enis, and I will say that it’s not like they would have gone higher

I don't think either one would've been drafted higher if they stayed either. I get both sides of the argument, but I'm in the strike while the iron is hit camp.

Find me a player with > 40% from 2 and > 30% from 3 who's been drafted in the first round that is a small forward.
Jaylen Brown struggled shooting at Cal and was a top 3 pick. He wasn't as bad from 2 as OB, so we'll see. I'm just saying that if he continues putting up numbers (and yes, the shooting will have to improve), his overall body of work with his physical skills, make him a possible 1st. I don't think he is much better of a prospect than many others, but you never know if some team will fall in love. Luckily for us, he was so far off the radar, that maybe he'll stay that way while other freshmen get more pub.

nba draft’s about upside, not percentages. Weirdly.

I don't think either one would've been drafted higher if they stayed either. I get both sides of the argument, but I'm in the strike while the iron is hit camp.
The ultimate strike while the iron was hot guy that didn't is Mitch McGary, IMO. He possibly could've been in the lottery after Michigan's title game run, but returned, hurt his back, didn't play all that well and then had back surgery. He was busted for pot and was going to be suspended for his junior season, so he turned pro. Still went in the 1st but was quickly out of the league, and is now a professional bowler (???).

If you are going to be a 1st round pick, most kids will take that and run, and it's hard to blame them. If OB keeps playing well, improves his shooting and builds momentum towards the 1st, he very well could go. I think he's a possible lottery pick in 2019, but that might not matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom