Oshae Brissett | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

IMG_3504.JPG
I think this is the type of guy that is going to surprise a lot of people. I think him and Howard Washington will help make this season better than expected.

He's goin to tear it up imo he ll average double figures this year as a starting forward

I'd take 5-7 ppg with 5-6 rebounds per 20-25 minutes.

Yeah, I think he's going to have to play 20-25 minutes unless we land the slav as well.

I think it's goin to be like 10 ppg and 5 rebs a game and think he's really goin to show us something

We need more than that.

Of course we do, but it's a start. I'm just being reasonable from what I've seen so far. He's a great looking recruit, but that's exactly it he's a recruit.

No doubt he'll improve once he gets into our practice/ACC level program. But I've not seen that yet.

Ok what Brissett's actual size? I'm seeing anywhere from 6'6 to 6'9 and even damn Brent Axe said 6'11 today. I'm guessing 6'7?

Anyone actually know?

Ok what Brissett's actual size? I'm seeing anywhere from 6'6 to 6'9 and even damn Brent Axe said 6'11 today. I'm guessing 6'7?

Anyone actually know?
I have heard he is 6'8. I am going to go with 6'9 because I like that better. Brissett and Marek are going to surprise the hoop world. With Battle and TT leading the way, our two frosh forwards helping, we are the surprise team of the ACC. Or so I hope.

I have heard he is 6'8. I am going to go with 6'9 because I like that better. Brissett and Marek are going to surprise the hoop world. With Battle and TT leading the way, our two frosh forwards helping, we are the surprise team of the ACC. Or so I hope.

If we get a PG I agree with this but also realize that means I'm expecting a handful of ifs to turn out in our favor.

according to Leo Rautins, closer to 6'9".

This is really good news. With Dolezaj and Brissett we could wind up having two guys that have small forward skills and power forward length. Add Moyer in there at 6-8 and that's a nice rotation that looks like any two could play together as needed.

Anyone actually know?
He definitely had a spurt this past year so that 6'6 is old school. 6'8 to 6'9 now. Pretty sure there was an article about a late spurt.

If we get a PG I agree with this but also realize that means I'm expecting a handful of ifs to turn out in our favor.
Yes, lots of "ifs" at this point. But isn't it time those "ifs" turned out in our favor? Last year, basically none of those "ifs" worked out for us. Chukwu, who we hoped would contribute in defense, got injured. Coleman, who played well in the Final Four and was showing some nice offensive moves down low and a mid range jumper, lost more of his lateral movement and wasn't able to contribute anymore because of his knees. Roberson, who we had high hopes for as a senior, completely regressed. Howard wasn't ready to man the PG spot. Lydon wasn't as dominant of an offensive player as we hoped.

In the past, I feel like way more "ifs" worked out in our favor, especially when it came to PGs ready to step up, freshman who were able to contribute, and lots of other questions. We're due for a turnaround. Hopefully Moyer and Brissett will surprise (and Marek too) and we sign Thorpe.

Whats nice is that these kids will become a team. Chemistry heart hussle are so important. I think we are in for a pleasant surprise.
And Tyus will lead this team and captain it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom