Oshae Brissett | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Really think we struck gold on getting oshae...he was wayyyy under rated and under recruited I think because of not being in the states

Also this video is recent footage of him...he went home over the weekend and played.

Last edited:
Yup. Same could be said for Marek. I think we will eventually be laughing at all the message board hand wringing over this class.

The hand wringing shouldn't be directed at the class. It's the misses and the all or nothing approach to QG that deserved scrutiny but this class has a lot of talent.

Really think we struck gold on getting oshae...he was wayyyy under rated and under recruited I think because of not being in the states

Also this video is recent footage of him...he went home over the weekend and played.
I really hate making comparisons, but something about him reminds me of JDub. Anybody else see that?

Why do we keep saying all or nothing when we signed Howard Washington and Geno Thorpe ?? We always have other options.

It was all or nothing. We said Quade you are our guy at PG and we stopped recruiting other PG's. Then it got later in the process and we scheduled a visit for Coleman which we cancelled when Green sprinted up to SU with his buddy Bamba to keep his spot open. Then he signed with UK at the early signing deadline. By that time all of the other top line PG's that we had a chance with were no longer available. Just because we found other options (ones that I like by the way) doesn't mean we didn't use an all in strategy and it certainly doesn't mean that that's a good strategy to use.

It was all or nothing. We said Quade you are our guy at PG and we stopped recruiting other PG's. Then it got later in the process and we scheduled a visit for Coleman which we cancelled when Green sprinted up to SU with his buddy Bamba to keep his spot open. Then he signed with UK at the early signing deadline. By that time all of the other top line PG's that we had a chance with were no longer available. Just because we found other options (ones that I like by the way) doesn't mean we didn't use an all in strategy and it certainly doesn't mean that that's a good strategy to use.
I know how it all went down. Just don't like the all or nothing line because we didn't get nothing.

It was all or nothing. We said Quade you are our guy at PG and we stopped recruiting other PG's. Then it got later in the process and we scheduled a visit for Coleman which we cancelled when Green sprinted up to SU with his buddy Bamba to keep his spot open.
I'll never understand the idiocy behind that logic. Could we not at least honor the scheduled visit for Coleman for chripes sake? What were we afraid of? Completely dysfunctional, amateur hour.

I think it is likely that both Brissett AND Marek start.

Weather that happens or not with Moyer it seems we have 3 legit SU type forwards to man the wings in the zone. That being the case I find myself more and more interested in what happens at the 5. If Thompson, Sidibe and Chukwu's only available minutes are the 40 at center then I don't see all three being in the regular rotation.

Rebounding will be a big concern if TT is forced to play the 5. Oshae, Marek, and Moyer are really skinny!

Weather that happens or not with Moyer it seems we have 3 legit SU type forwards to man the wings in the zone. That being the case I find myself more and more interested in what happens at the 5. If Thompson, Sidibe and Chukwu's only available minutes are the 40 at center then I don't see all three being in the regular rotation.

Agreed. I like Sidibe's potential a lot, don't think we're going to see a big jump in Chukwu's performance. Accordingly, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT play in the middle the majority of the time.

Brissett > Chukwu

Marek > Chukwu

Therefore, those two guys might be better fits out there. Kind of like Lydon being better than Coleman, despite not being an "ideal" 5. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom