Oshae Brissett | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

If we get Thorpe we will be a legit top 25 team and wouldn't be surprised if we are a sweet 16 team but that's a prediction and we all know how those go after last season

Have you heard any info on the Thorpe front? Any visit scheduled yet? Thanks

If we get Thorpe we will be a legit top 25 team and wouldn't be surprised if we are a sweet 16 team but that's a prediction and we all know how those go after last season
I'm happy to see you say that, and trust your opinion. I also hope we get Thorpe, however I remain worried about our ability to play defense with all these new players. Last year was a struggle and we lost some of our most tenured zone defenders. How quickly will guys like OB, MD, GT, etc pick up the zone and will TT, PC, FH improve? Big questions

Have you heard any info on the Thorpe front? Any visit scheduled yet? Thanks
It's between us and PITT, I expect he will visit in the next few weeks and he will decide shortly after. Truly think it's 50/50 right now.

It's between us and PITT, I expect he will visit in the next few weeks and he will decide shortly after. Truly think it's 50/50 right now.
And who will he play with at Pitt? He's going to want to play for an unproven coach with a barron roster.? Even if it's home that's slit to ask. Doubt they are really contenders imho

And who will he play with at Pitt? He's going to want to play for an unproven coach with a barron roster.? Even if it's home that's slit to ask. Doubt they are really contenders imho

We know this as does CuseMan4. He is giving his opinion based on info and sources he has. He has a track record of providing good information.

We know this as does CuseMan4. He is giving his opinion based on info and sources he has. He has a track record of providing good information.
My apologies I didn't know. I am just making a big assumption

Not sure how a former starter, then primary position back up, had a minor role last year, but maybe that's just me.

Frank Howard averaged 16.2 mpg last season. Out-of-conference he averaged 21.3 mpg. In-conference he averaged 11.3 mpg.

If you label his "minor role" based on his playing time against legitimate competition, then I think it's fairly accurate.

Frank Howard averaged 16.2 mpg last season. Out-of-conference he averaged 21.3 mpg. In-conference he averaged 11.3 mpg.

If you label his "minor role" based on his playing time against legitimate competition, then I think it's fairly accurate.

Also accurate if you look at how his role was marginalized from beginning of the season to the end.

Not a bad thing....Rothstein is just correctly pointing out that no matter how you slice it we are going to be an inexperienced/young team next season.

Also accurate if you look at how his role was marginalized from beginning of the season to the end.

Not a bad thing...Rothstein is just correctly pointing out that no matter how you slice it we are going to be an inexperienced/young team next season.

I'd be curious to find out when the last time was we had no seniors on the team under scholarship.

I'd be curious to find out when the last time was we had no seniors on the team under scholarship.

07 maybe. That team was Devo/acl Jonny, Scoop, Paul, Donte, kOng, Rick, Arinze

Edit: After Wright left.

Last edited:

I respect your opinion but this team has so many unknowns. Who the heck knows what we will be? Thorpe would solidify us but he'd be yet another guy unfamiliar with us on both ends and his teammates too.

With so many question marks, I'd sign up for top 25 at any point in the season. I think a huge key is what we get out of Moyer/ Brissett and Dolezaj. Need at least two of those guys to be really good and need to get Dolezaj eligible and here ASAP. Yes, I know we are not expecting snags there but until we don't, we can't be sure.

A team of Battle, Thorpe, with Howard as #3 and with Moyer, Bissette and MD, with TT and whoever, might surprise a few folks. both here and across the ACC.

Sidibe being solid would not surprise me at all, just like Tyus shooting well didn't surprise me. Sidibe needs to spend the next four months in the weight room. His coach told me he is more than capable of putting on weigh. If he doesn't, this is on our strength staff. Come on Devo :confused:, get him going.

I respect your opinion but this team has so many unknowns. Who the heck knows what we will be? Thorpe would solidify us but he'd be yet another guy unfamiliar with us on both ends and his teammates too.

With so many question marks, I'd sign up for top 25 at any point in the season. I think a huge key is what we get out of Moyer/ Brissett and Dolezaj. Need at least two of those guys to be really good and need to get Dolezaj eligible and here ASAP. Yes, I know we are not expecting snags there but until we don't, we can't be sure.

If Sidibe can contribute (cautiously optimistic that he can) and we get efficient PG play from whomever, I think we have a shot at Top 25 by the end of the season. There will be a steep learning curve with all the new faces.

Perimeter shooting will be an issue - you need 3 good shooters on the floor to effectively spread ACC defenses. Or, 2 good shooters and consistent low post scoring threat. Not sure yet we will have either combination. If that's the case, offensive rebounding will be paramount. Fortunately, I think this will be a strength with Moyer, Brissett and TT on the floor. Hoping to add Dolezaj to that list - need to see him play at this level first.

07 maybe. That team was Devo/acl Jonny, Scoop, Paul, Donte, kOng, Rick, Arinze

Edit: After Wright left.

Yeah, you're right. I feel like flashing a dynasty sign. Or not.

If Sidibe can contribute (cautiously optimistic that he can) and we get efficient PG play from whomever, I think we have a shot at Top 25 by the end of the season. There will be a steep learning curve with all the new faces.

Perimeter shooting will be an issue - you need 3 good shooters on the floor to effectively spread ACC defenses. Or, 2 good shooters and consistent low post scoring threat. Not sure yet we will have either combination. If that's the case, offensive rebounding will be paramount. Fortunately, I think this will be a strength with Moyer, Brissett and TT on the floor. Hoping to add Dolezaj to that list - need to see him play at this level first.

Great post. Finding some sort of post presence is paramount.

Sidibe being solid would not surprise me at all, just like Tyus shooting well didn't surprise me. Sidibe needs to spend the next four months in the weight room. His coach told me he is more than capable of putting on weigh. If he doesn't, this is on our strength staff. Come on Devo :confused:, get him going.

Give him whatever they gave Trevor, and he will be fine. Devo is a deep thinker nowadays, and can also help get Sidibe in a Zen mindset, which can be very helpful during games.

I didn't label that, Rothstein did

I would like to have some shred of hope for the 2017-18 season. I hope you are right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom