Oshae Brissett | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Seems like a straight up PF to me, without the perimeter skills needed to play the 3. A couple of quick observations:
  • Kid looks every bit of 6-8 / 6-9
  • He's bulked up from last year, too -- solid frame
  • Handles the ball okay in the open floor [which is easy to do]
  • His offensive game is all inside, and is predicated upon attacking the basket
  • Very athletic and quick
  • Looks to me like this kid projects as an inside player -- runner / rejector / pogo stick type
  • He likes to face up and drive, using his quickness
  • I can understand why he is a riser in the rankings, because he's got a lot of athletic tools
I don't necessarily see him as a first year starter [that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to contribute in a reserve capacity]. Very good athlete, decent frame to build on. Seems like a quality "get," with the tools to be a quality PF in our system.

Everything that I'm seeing here is basically screaming Jerami Grant at me.

Seems that his rebounding, and more specifically, his overall tenaciousness is something that all the scouts agree on. Seems like another in a long line of "play hard, run the lanes in transition, and struggle in the halfcourt" type of guy. One of the videos that Rivals put out certainly shows off how tenacious he is attacking the rim. Seems to struggle to actually finish, but draws a ton of fouls.

You maybe talking about the same video I saw, where much of the footage was from some kind of camp and he had a jersey number 118 or something. In fairness to his actual finishing abilities, I'm not sure much could be gleaned about them from that video. Seemed they were using everything up to and possibly including fire axes to keep guys from scoring in that thing. It was vicious!

That's probably not a bad comparison.

Seems a lot more accurate than comparing him to the #1 player in the country who is one of the best natural scorers since Carmelo...

You maybe talking about the same video I saw, where much of the footage was from some kind of camp and he had a jersey number 118 or something. In fairness to his actual finishing abilities, I'm not sure much could be gleaned about them from that video. Seemed they were using everything up to and possibly including fire axes to keep guys from scoring in that thing. It was vicious!

Hahaha, yes that's definitely the video I'm referring to.

Recruiting experts are a bunch of short bald fat guys that never played a sport in their life.

~ bobby knight
Fitting, that Knight said that. It's kind of a trumpism. If we get a kid in the Top 20, per those short bald fat guys, we're all:

200w.gif

If the short bald fat guys don't love our kid, they work for a 'phony paper that's losing subscribers at a tremendous rate and going out of business.'

Fitting, that Knight said that. It's kind of a trumpism. If we get a kid in the Top 20, per those short bald fat guys, we're all:

200w.gif

If the short bald fat guys don't love our kid, they work for a 'phony paper that's losing subscribers at a tremendous rate and going out of business.'
Except we don't get any top 20 guys , because those fat bald guys move them down when they commit .

I can't think of who he might remind me of. Doesn't make a lot of sense to say: 'a right-handed CJ Fair in a leaner body.' Is that Kris Joseph? I can't think of an established NBA-er.

Does seem to 'fit the mold,' if one actually exists. We get so many different types of players, it kinda amuses me when it's declared that a guy 'fits the mold.' But, whatever.

If he has/develops a jumper, whoa.

I think he shot 38% from the three last year. That sounds like he has a jumper.
That's encouraging. Thanks.
I kinda like to see it in college, though. But, yeah, 38 in HS should indicate he's got that potential.

Yeah, like a young poor man's Wiggins or Jerami Grant type. He looks good! Active body. Quick.

" what would you like for breakfast sir?"

" id like green eggs and hami with a medium rare cut of your finest oshae brisset"

(someone on here said oshae brisset was something you would order at a fine restaurant > credit to that guy)

In his highlights he moved fast and he seem to have pretty good handle on the ball.

I think he shot 38% from the three last year. That sounds like he has a jumper.

He did that for his high school team. If you factor in his FIBA games, that % drops to 30% though. Based on that and his horrendous free throw shooting, I wouldn't expect much in terms of shooting. ESPN wrote that he can shoot out to about 19 feet though.

He did that for his high school team. If you factor in his FIBA games, that % drops to 30% though. Based on that and his horrendous free throw shooting, I wouldn't expect much in terms of shooting. ESPN wrote that he can shoot out to about 19 feet though.

He can work on his shooting. I like his speed and athleticism. He seems to have pretty good ball handling skills since he's always driving to the rim (you can't get there without the ball). If he can improve his free throw shooting and bulk up a bit he seems like he could be pretty awesome player.

In case any of you are bored at work like I am currently, and didnt get a chance to watch any of this. Gold medal game between USA and Canada. Oshae #15 and Quade #6. This game Oshae in foul trouble early and didnt get as much run as he had throughout the tourney, but still very effective. Often times guarding the USAs bigs of Bamba, Jarrett Allen, etc. Gives you an idea of what to expect. Love his reckless attempts at getting a board and attacking the hoop. Going to be really good in transisiton. As to why Quade didnt get more run in this game...IDK, when on the floor, he looks to me like the best PG and actually passing and setting guys up.

In case any of you are bored at work like I am currently, and didnt get a chance to watch any of this. Gold medal game between USA and Canada. Oshae #15 and Quade #6. This game Oshae in foul trouble early and didnt get as much run as he had throughout the tourney, but still very effective. Often times guarding the USAs bigs of Bamba, Jarrett Allen, etc. Gives you an idea of what to expect. Love his reckless attempts at getting a board and attacking the hoop. Going to be really good in transisiton. As to why Quade didnt get more run in this game...IDK, when on the floor, he looks to me like the best PG and actually passing and setting guys up.
Quade didn't get much run because the HC was Shaka Smart, and he wanted to give his #1 PG target Matt Coleman the bulk of the minutes. Will be funny if Coleman ends up ditching him for Duke anyway.

Quade didn't get much run because the HC was Shaka Smart, and he wanted to give his #1 PG target Matt Coleman the bulk of the minutes. Will be funny if Coleman ends up ditching him for Duke anyway.
I noticed Coleman got the bulk of the Pg duties and was thinking to myself, this is pretty obvious why hes out there. Pj Washington was a beast in this game, obvious that Porter Jr is going to be a great college player as well. Abu Kigab kept Canada in this one with his threes and was pretty impressed with Shai ?/Alexander. Good talent coming out of Canada these days...good thing we got the pipeline open for business

I noticed Coleman got the bulk of the Pg duties and was thinking to myself, this is pretty obvious why hes out there. Pj Washington was a beast in this game, obvious that Porter Jr is going to be a great college player as well. Abu Kigab kept Canada in this one with his threes and was pretty impressed with Shai ?/Alexander. Good talent coming out of Canada these days...good thing we got the pipeline open for business

Good thing Lorenzo Romar can't coach for his life. He just lost to Yale, and somehow underachieves yearly with great talent. He had two top picks on last years squad, a top 5 proposed pick for next year in Fultz, and guaranteed top 10 pick in 2018 with Porter Jr. Dude can certainly recruit. Amazing how he has lasted out there. They must not care that much about actually getting into the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom