Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

I was at yesterday’s game and I was impressed with his effort. His shooting ability has improved since his SU days and he really hustled on the boards. Good for him. And he got this photo op with KD.

236130CA-4F3B-43B9-B5D5-BC978B79359F.jpeg

I was at yesterday’s game and I was impressed with his effort. His shooting ability has improved since his SU days and he really hustled on the boards. Good for him. And he got this photo op with KD.
View attachment 216474

Fixed the photo for you.

The one exception here being because he played in Canada the rankings skew negatively against him. He plays stateside and no way he is outside top 50.

Yea i think it was generally understood that him and guerriers rankings were off. I thought oshae was a 4* somewhere and recall coaches saying they felt he was a 5*

Yea i think it was generally understood that him and guerriers rankings were off. I thought oshae was a 4* somewhere and recall coaches saying they felt he was a 5*

I recall people complaining that we settled for a guy not in the top 100. And I said that the coaches know more about a player than the pundits. (But they can be wrong, too, as we've seen.) It's a snapshot of a player at one moment in his development. it's like looking at a frame of a movie and trying to figure out if the butler did it.

The one exception here being because he played in Canada the rankings skew negatively against him. He plays stateside and no way he is outside top 50.
He did play a year at Findlay Prep in the US to improve his visibility for major college offers but returned back to Canada for his last year. He mustn’t have impressed recruiters while at Findlay and really developed late. Some kids are really late boomers.

Is there a reason why he was ranked and Quincy wasn't?

He did play a year at Findlay Prep in the US to improve his visibility for major college offers but returned back to Canada for his last year. He mustn’t have impressed recruiters while at Findlay and really developed late. Some kids are really late boomers.

I could be wrong but didn't he drop after leaving Findlay which was part of the rankings snafu?

I could be wrong but didn't he drop after leaving Findlay which was part of the rankings snafu?
That I don’t know but maybe he was really homesick and didn’t show much while there. Heading not only to a different country but to the southwest US so far from Toronto had to be difficult for a high school kid.

He has a club option next year?
at the time he signed it was just a celebration that he had a contract - but - and i posted at the time - that the club got away with one on him and that he sholdnt have signed for 3 years at such a low salary.

he should honestly consider sitting out next season if they dont pay him - if harden and all them can do it, he should be able to as well.

he shouldnt risk playing next season without a long term contract...he still hastn gotten that big bag that he deserves yet.

at the time he signed it was just a celebration that he had a contract - but - and i posted at the time - that the club got away with one on him and that he sholdnt have signed for 3 years at such a low salary.

he should honestly consider sitting out next season if they dont pay him - if harden and all them can do it, he should be able to as well.

he shouldnt risk playing next season without a long term contract...he still hastn gotten that big bag that he deserves yet.
That's a terrible idea.

There's a slight difference in leverage between an All-NBA caliber player and someone just trying to carve out a legitimate role in the NBA.

There's a slight difference in leverage between an All-NBA caliber player and someone just trying to carve out a legitimate role in the NBA.
theres a difference...but what do you think would happen if he sat for a year?

I think he would sign a big fat contract afterwards...that would make his salary for the upcoming season immaterial...

do you think he wouldnt? do you think hed be "cancelled" by the NBA?

I think he would sign a big fat contract afterwards...that would make his salary for the upcoming season immaterial...

Yes.

His current contract undervalues him, yes. The Pacers landed a bargain.

But you're way overvaluing what kind of contract he'll get next if he develops a reputation as a malcontent.

Part of the reason he even has a contract is because he's proven to be a guy that busts his butt and doesn't think he's bigger than his team or the game. That does have value on a team and in a locker room.

Blow that up and he's simply not as valuable.

The NBA tolerates a handful of knuckleheads that are exceptional. That ain't our beloved Thick Brisket. To behave like them would be NBA career suicide.

Someone in Oshae’s position isn’t going to sit a year. A developing young guy would be crazy to interrupt his career and sit out.

Yes.

His current contract undervalues him, yes. The Pacers landed a bargain.

But you're way overvaluing what kind of contract he'll get next if he develops a reputation as a malcontent.

Part of the reason he even has a contract is because he's proven to be a guy that busts his butt and doesn't think he's bigger than his team or the game. That does have value on a team and in a locker room.

Blow that up and he's simply not as valuable.

The NBA tolerates a handful of knuckleheads that are exceptional. That ain't our beloved Thick Brisket. To behave like them would be NBA career suicide.
have you perused nba salaries lately??? some of them are mndboggling large...and, relative to production, oshaes is equally small...he is an outlier, imo.

last 5 games he had 28, 28, 20, 4, an 17 points...those stats open doors...they dont close them.

look at TJ warren - hes making over 12 mil this season...more than 6 times oshae...kis he 6 times better than OB?

I dont think oshae wouldbe cancelled but it is possible and it is a risk...but so is playing on a short term contract without any long term guarantees...look at what happened to isiah thomas on the celtics.

Someone in Oshae’s position isn’t going to sit a year. A developing young guy would be crazy to interrupt his career and sit out.

100%

He sits a year and his next contract is somewhere way outside the United States.

The NBA is the hardest league to get to and taking a year off in his situation is suicidal.

Play it out. Crush it again. Get that awesome next contract.

Even tho Indiana is rebuilding, they seem to have a good environment. It’s great for Oshae’s current situation.

100%

He sits a year and his next contract is somewhere way outside the United States.

The NBA is the hardest league to get to and taking a year off in his situation is suicidal.

Play it out. Crush it again. Get that awesome next contract.

Even tho Indiana is rebuilding, they seem to have a good environment. It’s great for Oshae’s current situation.
okay well bare minimum if Im his agent I tell the pacers to give him a raise for next season or he will 100% walk after next year...

have you perused nba salaries lately??? some of them are mndboggling large...and, relative to production, oshaes is equally small...he is an outlier, imo.

last 5 games he had 28, 28, 20, 4, an 17 points...those stats open doors...they dont close them.

look at TJ warren - hes making over 12 mil this season...more than 6 times oshae...kis he 6 times better than OB?

I dont think oshae wouldbe cancelled but it is possible and it is a risk...but so is playing on a short term contract without any long term guarantees...look at what happened to isiah thomas on the celtics.
TJ Warren was a 1st round pick and thus received a guaranteed contract. He performed well relative to his draft slot and received a solid second contract. He has achieved significantly more than Obrissy in the NBA.

Brissett was undrafted and had an exhibit 10 contract and 2 way contract to start his career, but mostly had to grind things out in the minor leagues (not unlike HOFCeluck 's mom) before getting a couple 10-day contracts with the Pacers that he really made the most of. He wasn't in a particularly strong bargaining position and basically got a guaranteed 2 year deal because it's such a no-brainer for the Pacers to pick up the 2nd year option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom