Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

The thing you don't seem to understand is that this is the tradeoff of all NBA contracts being guaranteed. Every once in a while a guy outperforms his contract pretty significantly, and they just have to ride out those contract terms. On the other side, if a player massively underperforms relative to their contract, that money is still guaranteed over the life of the contract.

You demonstrate that you don't really understand the business fundamentals of NBA contracts when you propose things like sitting out, or state that you just don't like how it works so it should work differently.

Not only that, but I think that if he sits out, the Pacers still retain his rights. I do not think you can become an unrestricted FA by sitting out, or more guys would do it.

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds for him next season.

He has a club option for 2022-23: $1.8M. I'd assume the team picks it up.

TJ Warren is also a free agent. Will the Pacers resign him?

Hope they don't and Brissett gets solid minutes. When he has, he has produced. Will he produce at the same level on a good team, with good players around him? I would think his game translates to that.

If he gets solid minutes next year and continues to play like he has, he'll be in line for a big pay day in 2023.

Great interview. Can’t help but root for this kid. Seems like a great Dad too. Hope he takes the next step next season.

It’s funny how after Melo people were worried about how Cuse was gonna be relevant in the league and we didn’t really have anyone that stuck or stuck around in the league much post Melo for awhile. Then the guys you expected would stick around like Dontae Greene, Flynn, Waiters, MCW, Fab Melo, Lydon, Richardson, Ennis etc…did well for awhile but kind of flamed out.

Then the guys who we didn’t think were as ready as those guys like Grant and Oshae are now stars in the league. Guess you never really know. Good for these guys.

It’s funny how after Melo people were worried about how Cuse was gonna be relevant in the league and we didn’t really have anyone that stuck or stuck around in the league much post Melo for awhile. Then the guys you expected would stick around like Dontae Greene, Flynn, Waiters, MCW, Fab Melo, Lydon, Richardson, Ennis etc…did well for awhile but kind of flamed out.

Then the guys who we didn’t think were as ready as those guys like Grant and Oshae are now stars in the league. Guess you never really know. Good for these guys.
To be fair Dion, Hak and MCW all experienced notable success too

Here's a synopsis of all of their careers thus far.

Donte Greene - 4.5 years in NBA, $5.1M + overseas earnings
Jonny Flynn - 3 years in NBA, $9.5M + overseas earnings
Dion Waiters - 8+ years in NBA, $57.5M
Michael Carter Williams - 8 years in NBA, $22.5M
Fab Melo - 2 years in NBA, $2.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Lydon - 2 years in NBA, $3.5M + overseas earnings
Malachi Richardson - 3 years in NBA, $4.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Ennis - 4 years in NBA, $6.5M + overseas earnings
Jerami Grant - 7 years in NBA, $60.9M (plus $20.9M guaranteed for '22-23) = $81.8M
Oshae Brissett - 2 years in NBA, $1.3M (plus $1.8M team option for '22-23) = $3.1M

These 10 guys have made (or are in line to make) a collective $196.5 million overt he last 18 years. That's a lot of money.

I will differ in that I don't think Grant & Brissett are "stars" in the league. Grant's a nice player but never made an all-star team and is putting up numbers on a terrible team. He's a quality player that would be a 3rd-4th option on a playoff/championship contender. Much like he was at SU.

Brissett's in line for a pay day next year if he stays healthy - I'd guess a mid-level exception (around $6-10M) would be the right size bump. If you were to tell me he would be the one from the Brissett-Battle duo that would make it in the league, I wouldn't have been shocked but I would have been surprised. I know Battle had limitations but I thought he had a more than decent shot at a similar level NBA career.

Here's a synopsis of all of their careers thus far.

Donte Greene - 4.5 years in NBA, $5.1M + overseas earnings
Jonny Flynn - 3 years in NBA, $9.5M + overseas earnings
Dion Waiters - 8+ years in NBA, $57.5M
Michael Carter Williams - 8 years in NBA, $22.5M
Fab Melo - 2 years in NBA, $2.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Lydon - 2 years in NBA, $3.5M + overseas earnings
Malachi Richardson - 3 years in NBA, $4.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Ennis - 4 years in NBA, $6.5M + overseas earnings
Jerami Grant - 7 years in NBA, $60.9M (plus $20.9M guaranteed for '22-23) = $81.8M
Oshae Brissett - 2 years in NBA, $1.3M (plus $1.8M team option for '22-23) = $3.1M

These 10 guys have made (or are in line to make) a collective $196.5 million overt he last 18 years. That's a lot of money.

I will differ in that I don't think Grant & Brissett are "stars" in the league. Grant's a nice player but never made an all-star team and is putting up numbers on a terrible team. He's a quality player that would be a 3rd-4th option on a playoff/championship contender. Much like he was at SU.

Brissett's in line for a pay day next year if he stays healthy - I'd guess a mid-level exception (around $6-10M) would be the right size bump. If you were to tell me he would be the one from the Brissett-Battle duo that would make it in the league, I wouldn't have been shocked but I would have been surprised. I know Battle had limitations but I thought he had a more than decent shot at a similar level NBA career.

I don't think Grant is a #1 on a top end team, but I could definitely see him being a #2. Even though he gets more opportunities to put up big numbers by being on a terrible team, it's still impressive what he was able to do these past couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom